13 Reasons Why - Season 1 Official Thread

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Gonna start this up tomorrow, seeing the memes and folks on my timeline talking about being hooked.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Exactly just don't even bother at a second season and what storylines are you referring to?
Trial
How her parents react to the tapes
Alex recovery or death and impact
Bryce getting arrested for rape
What happens to justin...teen homelessness
Does Tyler shoot up the school
Does Courtney come out
How does Jessica, and her father :merchant:, deal with the rape news

I'm fine with this ending, but I'd also like to see how it all unfolds if there were a season 2

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Also shout out to Rickie Vasquez (played the parent's lawyer) growing up and becoming a lawyer helping out on a case for another dark teen series :salute: (he was originally on My So Called Life...if y'all youngins liked this, go back and watch that series)...they had to be trolling with that, but only us :flabbynsick: viewers would recognize him lol

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The portrayal of the counsellor was a bit of a mess really. Sometimes it seems like he cares, others time he appears to not give a shyt. I understand he is conflicted but its not executed especially well.

Also I'm guessing the book handled the ending a lot better, because it felt like they just left a load of stuff hanging in the show. This is despite the fact that it probably has 3-4 more episodes that necessary.

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
She also said she didn't care about life anymore or something like that.
Even though she said she didn't mean it. You should still press her and do a suicide assessment. Where you basically ask have you thought of suicide lately. If you were to kill yourself how would you do ut. Stuff like that. If they still end up doing it, it's not on you're clear.

But you tell this counselor don't really wanna know. Just like when clay started to tell him about the confession he stopped him.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But you tell this counselor don't really wanna know. Just like when clay started to tell him about the confession he stopped him.

That was for legal reasons though.

He cared but he seemed a bit incompetent and went into victim-blaming (even though he may not have realised this) in the last interview with Hannah.

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also wtf did that tall Asian do to deserve a tape? :dead: he took some drawings from the bytch. Are we sure that he wasnt the one who drew that shyt and just stopped after she tossed him in the bushes? Rest of them I guess deserved a tape well maybe except Alex. Making a list about hoes attributes ain't shyt and dating someone isn't shyt either.

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Some of you have gotten it since day 1, others are finally catching on and then there is a group of you that are still lost and need to pull your head from the clouds

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Just finished watching the season. Sad, depressing stuff. For somebody that has been really suicidal, this was a much watch.

They should show this in classrooms in High School.

9/10

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I didn't read the whole thread, but @pickles this is great storytelling. I know you appreciate that type of shyt. Check it out if you haven't yet.

Side note: I'm binging Fortitude Season 2 tonight and tomorrow, now that it's on amazon prime at 1080p. :blessed: