13 Reasons Why - Season 1 Official Thread

ePiffany

All Star
Daps
So u admit she wasnt communicating well

:rudy: Right cuz every counselor should be perfectly intuitive to read between the lines

She went there to record a conversation. Point blank

Rewatch the show and you'll see him doing the same to the stalker / camera kid Tyler.

Kid told him he was getting bullief and treated like shyt by the other students and his reply was "you should start with what you can do to stop students from attacking you"

You niccas ain't paying attention to the context. This convo with Tyler took place AFTER Hannah had killed her self but BEFORE he heard his tape. These are kids who are emotional they're not going to give you everything up front you have to dig and thats a very clear description of the job when these counselors sign up for it. If they don't delve deeper they're not doing their job period.

The trait was very firmly within him and it was laid out very plainly. One kid was perfectly clear about his issue and he still placed the blame on Tylers shoulders which means had Hannah laid the story out word for word he still wouldn't have done shyt.

It wasn't just a single lapse in judgement it was who he was and that was the point. Dude was bytch made simple as.

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
Rewatch the show and you'll see him doing the same to the stalker / camera kid Tyler.

Kid told him he was getting bullief and treated like shyt by the other students and his reply was "you should start with what you can do to stop students from attacking you"

You niccas ain't paying attention to the context. This convo with Tyler took place AFTER Hannah had killed her self but BEFORE he heard his tape. These are kids who are emotional they're not going to give you everything up front you have to dig and thats a very clear description of the job when these counselors sign up for it. If they don't delve deeper they're not doing their job period.

The trait was very firmly within him and it was laid out very plainly. One kid was perfectly clear about his issue and he still placed the blame on Tylers shoulders which means had Hannah laid the story out word for word he still wouldn't have done shyt.

It wasn't just a single lapse in judgement it was who he was and that was the point. Dude was bytch made simple as.
He wasn't the best counselor

But I just don't think he was directly responsible for Hannah's turmoil. He was given a lose/lost situation. I really can't see what he could have said or done other than compel her to go to the police or make that judgement call and called her parents which is 50/50 to me

ePiffany

All Star
Daps

But I just don't think he was directly responsible for Hannah's turmoil. He was given a lose/lost situation. I really can't see what he could have said or done other than compel her to go to the police or make that judgement call and called her parents which is 50/50 to me

He reverted almost immediately to "you should move on" once she expressed uncertainty about telling him more. He didn't keep going with the inquiry which is what u have to do in that position. There's no excuse for what he did here. Kids go to a counselor to get helped as the name counselor would imply. He already knows they ain't comin to his office to talk about rainbows and sunshine they need help. This case was even more extreme she said she thought she was raped no fukkin way u let a girl walk out of yo office after hearing something like that without getting some concrete results. He failed breh, he failed.

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
He reverted almost immediately to "you should move on" once she expressed uncertainty about telling him more. He didn't keep going with the inquiry which is what u have to do in that position. There's no excuse for what he did here. Kids go to a counselor to get helped as the name counselor would imply. He already knows they ain't comin to his office to talk about rainbows and sunshine they need help. This case was even more extreme she said she thought she was raped no fukkin way u let a girl walk out of yo office after hearing something like that without getting some concrete results. He failed breh, he failed.
:ehh:

• Dap
Reactions: Ark

ePiffany

All Star
Daps
Glad I'm not the only one that sees the absurdity in these nikkas crying about the counselor...

They're mad because the counselor didn't lie to her to get more information out of her...:heh:

You're oversimplifying the issue at hand. It's not lying, as a professional you keep pulling on the thread no matter how thin, until you've pulled out whatever's on the other side. ITS HIS JOB TO DO SO he knew when he got his degree or whatever cert he needed for the job and when he applied as well.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
I agree but he himself clearly said he never done his job and that he should of contacted people
Right and I agree with that, my issue is with the idea he was downright awful and directly responsible for what happened...

Bottomline is the girl wanted a guarantee to open up to him that NO COUNSELOR can ever make without lying...

The guarantee she was asking for is only something a judge and a lawyer can give her...

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
I've finished it all
I had to look away at the suicide scene
Life is strange I've watched people get stabbed in front of me and it has had no affect on me.
Watching a cac commit a fake suicide on screen was too much for me :russ:
:mjpls:

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
You're oversimplifying the issue at hand. It's not lying, as a professional you keep pulling on the thread no matter how thin, until you've pulled out whatever's on the other side. ITS HIS JOB TO DO SO he knew when he got his degree or whatever cert he needed for the job and when he applied as well.
I'm not oversimplifying shyt...

How could he "keep pulling on the thread" when she got up and left?

You can't seem to comprehend that lying to a suicidal individual is fukking stupid and counter productive...Any psychologist worth a damn would tell you that...It's the equivalent of putting a bandaid on a bullet wound...In order for a counselor to do his job effectively there needs to be dialogue, when she got up and left that dialogue ended...He can't help you if you re unwilling to talk to him...Her cryptic dialogue, the fact she was recording and she got up and left indicates her mind was already made up before she even went to him...

Mazino

All Star
Daps
I'm not oversimplifying shyt...

How could he "keep pulling on the thread" when she got up and left?

You can't seem to comprehend that lying to a suicidal individual is fukking stupid and counter productive...Any psychologist worth a damn would tell you that...It's the equivalent of putting a bandaid on a bullet wound...In order for a counselor to do his job effectively there needs to be dialogue, when she got up and left that dialogue ended...He can't help you if you re unwilling to talk to him...Her cryptic dialogue, the fact she was recording and she got up and left indicates her mind was already made up before she even went to him...
She pretty much admitted she was suicidal after revealing rape, fukk all the cryptic shyt. How much dialogue is needed after that?

Not only was he not listening effectively he was distracted by the phone ringing which is mad unprofessional.

He definitely played his part and his reaction confirms it.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps

Your right he wasn't the best for them

The counselor himself said that where he used to be was worse so obviously he didn't take their problems too seriously because it was the suburbs and wasn't as bad as where he used to be.

Its quite realistic really.