106 & Park officially cancelled this Friday 12 year run over.

HollywoodP

#LongLive24 #TMC America's Team, Lakeshow, & ASU
Daps
Reppin
The Valley Of The Sun 602🌵480🌵623🌵520
Good...I aint watch a bit of that show since 2004. BET been trash...hopefully that channel dies off for doing us like SOHH. That what happens when you get rid of classic shyt and don't replace it. Pay Homage to the classics...Rap City with Big Lez and Joe Clair...The Bassment w/ Big Tigga...Uncut...Comicview...Hits From The Street...Notarized...Midnight Love (for when you wanted to get ya groove on)...College Hill...Citas World...ok maybe not Cita's World...but 106 in Park with AJ and Free
Free2.gif

Free1.gif

wayneface.gif

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
That's not the point. It's not about the accessibility of shyt. I can get the news from the Internet. Does that mean they should stop putting out newspapers? I can go get a kindle. Does that mean they should dead the book? I can listen to a song on Youtube, Vevo, etc. any time I want. Does that mean FM stations need to dead the music format?

Shows like 106 & Park served a purpose even if you outgrew it. It was good promo. If you saw a video on TV you know somebody at the label was doing their job when it came to promotions. Not that I wanna put 106 on the level of Soul Train or anything like that culturally, but shows like that gave you a glimpse into what was popular, what kids liked, what styles people were getting into. Same with TRL (even bigger impact there).

All things come to an end, but even shows like American Bandstand eventually gave way to something else. That doesn't seem to be the case with BET. It's just gonna be replaced with more replays of Prison Song and Belly 2. BET's basically My9 without news. Looking back, we had it good because kids now have nothing really to gain from TV.

Tre finally gettin his :old::old::old: on..... I'm proud of you breh, welcome to the club...Now if you can just take this mentality to music and the NBA then we can aways see eye to eye..

:smugfavre:

Everything was always better back in the day.. And that's a fact jack...

:whew:

pbconnect

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
GTA
its been mentioned numerous times but its almost like people are choosing to ignore it.

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
oh well. i havent watched b.e.t. in years. lol what other shows do they have?

Haven't watched in years either. I'm sure they still have 5 different music shows that for whatever reason play the same videos.

Mr Uncle Leroy

All Star
Daps
damn, no forum for artist to promote their records on TV?

what other similar TV show, out there?

not a good idea to cancel.

SAJ!!

Straight Shooter
Supporter
Daps
oh the irony :why:

http://www.census.gov/hhes/computer/files/2010/table2A.xls

Out of all of the people that you personally know, what percentage do you think have a pc, much less smartphones, tablets, etc? Im willing to bet you it's in the high 90 percentile range if not 100%. fukk outta here with that shyt! YOUR point was "not everyone has access to the Internet".:sadbron: I proved that ass wrong. Then you try to change your argument to not everyone can afford a computer. Then I crushed your buildings with the census report from 2010 showing 75% of US households have Internet in their home. Two fukkin years ago! That would indicate its pretty damn affordable. Simple minded nikka...:scusthov:
You haven't proved a goddamn thing!!!!

As I stated before

The Average Cost of a New Computer is around $650

Old simple simon muthafukka

And BTW, I also worked for Cellphone companies.

director_of_bands

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
qc NC
Why does it make you happy that the show is canceled?

I would be even happier if they canceled the entire BET network! but seriously im too old to watch this show - i stopped during the AJ and Free days - but i'm glad the kids will have to look elsewhere to get their hip hop and start discovering hip hop music on their own without having this show molding their opinions into accepting a lot of trash...plus mtv jams and sucker free countdown on mtv2 (Sundays) pretty much covers everything now regarding music videos from the old to the new....if you have these two then I guarantee you will will forget about 106 quick.