106 & Park officially cancelled this Friday 12 year run over.

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
man, some people on here need to get out more. either that, or they live in beverly hills or some chit. lol @ the idea of the majority of people having all the latest giggidy-gadgets. most people still get excited when they see me pull out my cell phone with the slide-out for texting.:laugh:

and the internet is not nearly as effective as alot of you seem to think. sure 75% of the country may have internet access(if those figures are even accurate) but the majority of people dont use the internet like we do & in the manner that we do it. what we do here IS NOT ORDINARY.

you wanna know why dmx sold so little? BECAUSE NOBODY KNOWS THE RECORD IS OUT. sure hes been the talk of the town on the internet for the past couple weeks, but your average person.......scratch that. i can go further........your average dmx fan doesnt know about the album or the infamous interviews.

promoting on the internet has a long way to go before it becomes as much of a factor as promoting on television/radio. i tried to break this down to some of yall in that other thread a few weeks back but some of you still seem to be stuck in your own little worlds.

and as much as i love my youtubes, lets be reality; when you get on that site, you already have what you want to watch/listen to mapped out. the only deterrance is when you scroll the sidebar and see a related video that you might want to click on.

theres no comprehensible search for 'the hot new next chit'. lets be real and stop posting on some fantasy-land chit. also, alot of people dont have broadband and stuff like that. videos tend to take a minute to load up on alot of other people's computers. and thats not even counting all the people who arent computer savy and have their computers flooded with viruses & backed up with thousands of downloads. it often takes a half hour to properly load up a 4 minute music video on alot of people's chit.

come back to the world people.

Its the highest rated variety show for people 18-49..........most popular show BET has ever had.......I had a feeling they weren't cancelling shyt.......lets not even talk about the payola thats involved with their countdown....

yea, i couldnt imagine them taking this off the air at this point.

it wouldnt make any sense.

nikkas complaining about Rap City being cancelled.

Once rap/pop/r&b merged into one sound.. there was no need for rap city.

it losts it's aura waaay before they took it off the air. I was actually glad it see it put out of its misery.

basically.

i remember alot of hot @$$ videos wouldnt air regularly anywhere but rap city. it was a landmark show which broke new artists & had its own aura, that eventually deteriorated into a mere 106th & park pre-game show.

you knew rap city was done when camron couldnt get hell rell in the booth with him.

:rudy: So...

Back when Lil' Bow Wow and Romeo were runnin' shyt on the countdown, 106 wasn't geared toward middle & high school kids?

We need a Wonka smiley. ASAP.

TRL wasn't canceled til like 2008... 106 had been on for 8 years and I know good and hell well it was geared toward young people since it started. Not that ALL their guests were kid-friendly artists, but you're not seriously saying it was a "mature" show until 2008? :russ:

that 1st year 106th was on, it wasnt really geared towards kids all like that.

and i remember the crowd used to be mostly people in their early 20s-early 30s. it was like video soul meets teen summit. the only times i recall the studio being flooded with kids was when lil romeo, bow wow or somebody was there.

but yea, by season 2, the crowds & aura of the show became increasingly younger. and then when b2k popped, that was like the straw that broke the camel's back.

so i guess i agree & disagree with the both of you.

Supreme

King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC
They're still getting new hosts. I just saw a commercial for it when I was watching Everybody Hates Chris earlier.

ibnWO78ofzyGf4.gif

:pachaha:

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
Haven't watched in years either. I'm sure they still have 5 different music shows that for whatever reason play the same videos.

as usual, you have no clue what youre talking about.

:lift::lift:

:rudy: yes but it also expands the audience for artists like a 2chainz fan might never check for jcole Kendrick lamar etc but they premiere abides while somebody who's watching to see birthday cake Video sees some other artist and get a fan . While on YouTube you might not look at other artists

pivotal post.

:cheers:

I would be even happier if they canceled the entire BET network! but seriously im too old to watch this show - i stopped during the AJ and Free days - but i'm glad the kids will have to look elsewhere to get their hip hop and start discovering hip hop music on their own without having this show molding their opinions into accepting a lot of trash...plus mtv jams and sucker free countdown on mtv2 (Sundays) pretty much covers everything now regarding music videos from the old to the new....if you have these two then I guarantee you will will forget about 106 quick.

i must respectfully disagree with this, my man 50 grand.

sucker free is corny & irrelevant. and that show isnt hip-hop. they claim to be a hip-hop show but they stay having mad r&b and pop videos on the countdown. theyre everything that was wrong with the dying days of rap city multiplied by 10000. and most of the artists on there that arent regularly on 106th, will still be interviewed on 106th & given the "new joint of the day" when their album drops like curren$y.

mtv jams will play a few more rare joints, but they have no type of system on that channel. they just randomly play videos. meaning youre going to have to sit thru a bunch of bullchit and still most likely not get to see the video youre looking for. you could actually make a case that the internet is just as effective as mtv jams.

i havnt been a regular viewer of 106th in about 6 years. anything after that, is me being in a room while others are watching it. BUT it serves its purpose as an avenue for people to promote their products. and its basically the only avenue on television now for urban entertainment. sadly, they have a monopoly going.

For those celebrating this, it's not that good. The inherent problem for artists is that it's one less venue to promote your record/movie /whatever on TV.

Did it get corny? Yeah, perhaps. But nearly all of us are at an age where we outgrew that show. Like Jadillac said, I feel bad for teenagers. They don't have countdown shows, music videos on TV, good sitcoms. Think about it. The shows that get play are shows we grew up on years ago (Wayans Bros, Martin, In Living Color, Saved By The Bell, Boy Meets World, etc.)

What use does BET even serve anymore?

aww man, i feel you.

im kinda torn. on one hand, i feel sorry for the youth for not being able to have their own quality stuff to experience in real-time. but on the other hand, it warms my heart when i see young bucks talking about what happened on the wayans bros "yesterday". its like theyre re-living what we lived and they dont have to wait a whole week to watch a new show. they could watch 2 shows a day. plus, you know if they had their own stuff, theyd chit on these classics and call them "old". besides, you cant miss what you never had.:meh:

Beegio

You ni66as don't exist we eat filet mignon
Daps
You haven't proved a goddamn thing!!!!

As I stated before

The Average Cost of a New Computer is around $650

Old simple simon muthafukka

And BTW, I also worked for Cellphone companies.

The fukk you mean I havent proven a goddamn thing?

Your 2 statements were:

1) Not everyone has access to the internet.

False. EVERYONE does.

2) Not everyone can afford a computer

False. There are computers for anyone's budget. Go used if you have to. Additionally, smartphone and tablet technology further support my argument.

I asked you how many people that you personally know that do not have a computer and/or internet in their home. You conveniently did not answer. Instead you provide a link saying that the"average" computer costs $650. What the hell is that supposed to prove? You do realize you can spend less than the "average" right?

BTW, what does you working for Boost Mobile have to do with anything were discussing.

SAJ!!

Straight Shooter
Supporter
Daps
The fukk you mean I havent proven a goddamn thing?

Your 2 statements were:

1) Not everyone has access to the internet.

False. EVERYONE does.

2) Not everyone can afford a computer

False. There are computers for anyone's budget. Go used if you have to. Additionally, smartphone and tablet technology further support my argument.

I asked you how many people that you personally know that do not have a computer and/or internet in their home. You conveniently did not answer. Instead you provide a link saying that the"average" computer costs $650. What the hell is that supposed to prove? You do realize you can spend less than the "average" right?

BTW, what does you working for Boost Mobile have to do with anything were discussing.

Motherfukker, I worked for AT&T and T-Mobile. Two major mobile phone companies.

Take that crap somewhere else.

Second, I have already given an AVERAGE on how much a computer costs these days. Unless you go to a store like DIT or know someone that builds computers, that is the average price listed. Used computers are for the birds.

Three, I don't have time to show and prove to folks about how many people I personally know that do or do not have PCs. Use Google or Bing for that.

director_of_bands

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
qc NC
i must respectfully disagree with this, my man 50 grand.

sucker free is corny & irrelevant. and that show isnt hip-hop. they claim to be a hip-hop show but they stay having mad r&b and pop videos on the countdown. theyre everything that was wrong with the dying days of rap city multiplied by 10000. and most of the artists on there that arent regularly on 106th, will still be interviewed on 106th & given the "new joint of the day" when their album drops like curren$y.

mtv jams will play a few more rare joints, but they have no type of system on that channel. they just randomly play videos. meaning youre going to have to sit thru a bunch of bullchit and still most likely not get to see the video youre looking for. you could actually make a case that the internet is just as effective as mtv jams.

i havnt been a regular viewer of 106th in about 6 years. anything after that, is me being in a room while others are watching it. BUT it serves its purpose as an avenue for people to promote their products. and its basically the only avenue on television now for urban entertainment. sadly, they have a monopoly going.

:ohhh: you're right as far as televised promotion for urban entertainment, but there is always urban radio...
and I'm not understanding how you can call sucker free irrelevant because they get new exclusive videos even before they touch the internet...

Daps
Reppin
Yeah
Bu..bu....but people need to watch bet cause nikkas don't go smart phones and ca-puters :skip:

Even broke nikkas have computers and of smart phones these days. :laff: at 106 & park even being relevant. shyt has been trash for years.

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
:ohhh: you're right as far as televised promotion for urban entertainment, but there is always urban radio...
and I'm not understanding how you can call sucker free irrelevant because they get new exclusive videos even before they touch the internet...

it is irrelevant. how often do you hear about that show on or offline?

if somebody sneezes on 106th & park, its the topic of the week.