106 & Park officially cancelled this Friday 12 year run over.

The Piff Gawd

Last Real Nikka Alive
Daps
man, some people on here need to get out more. either that, or they live in beverly hills or some chit. lol @ the idea of the majority of people having all the latest giggidy-gadgets. most people still get excited when they see me pull out my cell phone with the slide-out for texting.:laugh:

and the internet is not nearly as effective as alot of you seem to think. sure 75% of the country may have internet access(if those figures are even accurate) but the majority of people dont use the internet like we do & in the manner that we do it. what we do here IS NOT ORDINARY.

you wanna know why dmx sold so little? BECAUSE NOBODY KNOWS THE RECORD IS OUT. sure hes been the talk of the town on the internet for the past couple weeks, but your average person.......scratch that. i can go further........your average dmx fan doesnt know about the album or the infamous interviews.

promoting on the internet has a long way to go before it becomes as much of a factor as promoting on television/radio. i tried to break this down to some of yall in that other thread a few weeks back but some of you still seem to be stuck in your own little worlds.

and as much as i love my youtubes, lets be reality; when you get on that site, you already have what you want to watch/listen to mapped out. the only deterrance is when you scroll the sidebar and see a related video that you might want to click on.

theres no comprehensible search for 'the hot new next chit'. lets be real and stop posting on some fantasy-land chit. also, alot of people dont have broadband and stuff like that. videos tend to take a minute to load up on alot of other people's computers. and thats not even counting all the people who arent computer savy and have their computers flooded with viruses & backed up with thousands of downloads. it often takes a half hour to properly load up a 4 minute music video on alot of people's chit.

come back to the world people.

Post of the year status :wow:

I had to give you green for this...took off two red dots under your post count

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Bu..bu....but people need to watch bet cause nikkas don't go smart phones and ca-puters :skip:

Even broke nikkas have computers and of smart phones these days. :laff: at 106 & park even being relevant. shyt has been trash for years.

That wasn't the point dumbass

Kliq_Souf

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
WOL
it was actually getting better these last couple years. more diverse guests and such and Terrence was becoming tolerable.

I can remember when the show first started, I would watch EVERYDAY afterschool, no questions.
I probably watched every ep from 2000-2003.

I know it got corny and it was widely hated on, but the show was still good to peep now and then.
Even Spitta got on there this year :ooh:

Bonefan32

Superstar
Daps
i dont think its gettin canceled i just watched some of it and they said terrance and rocsi last day is friday and new hosts oct 1

Daps
Reppin
Lagos (Da Jungle)
331f8dc.jpg

Jasmin Brown (JazzyGoGetIt) on Twitter

:noah: hope she wins. That other potential host Paigion stepped her game up. Used to be thick as fukk. Lost mad weight. Used to see her on campus here and there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jone2three45

Supporter
Daps
Good...I aint watch a bit of that show since 2004. BET been trash...hopefully that channel dies off for doing us like SOHH. That what happens when you get rid of classic shyt and don't replace it. Pay Homage to the classics...Rap City with Big Lez and Joe Clair...The Bassment w/ Big Tigga...Uncut...Comicview...Hits From The Street...Notarized...Midnight Love (for when you wanted to get ya groove on)...College Hill...Citas World...ok maybe not Cita's World...but 106 in Park with AJ and Free
Free2.gif

Free1.gif

wayneface.gif

I agree with everything you stated bruh but College Hill. College Hill best seasons is 1-3. The 3rd season being the one at VSU is the best one. every season after that one the cast got younger and younger and least watchable and they didn't even include or show them doing anything relating to college. I think when BET started only catering to a specific age group (12-18) is when they fell off. Where is BET NEWS at! ...and I hated citas world! if I could send that 3d model of her a virus and kick the lady who voiced her in the throat I would!

We also have to factor as to why everything suck is looking at it from a social/society point of view. Everything under the sun has been done and we have technology to do anything. This is a reason as to why entertainment is garbage today. The kids born in the 90's and so on have it bad compared to previous generations but ask yourself would you trade everything you know as a kid growing for technology today?

xd21

Sohh Icey
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sohh icey
i dont think its gettin canceled i just watched some of it and they said terrance and rocsi last day is friday and new hosts oct 1

It's officially going off the air.
Hip-Hop Stars Line Up To Bid Farewell To “106 & Park” | AllHipHop.com

AllHipHop News) A variety of rap stars will gather to bid farewell to BET’s hit countdown show “106 & Park,” as well as hosts Terrence J. and Rocsi this week.
The farewell special will feature special appearances from artists like French Montana, Jim Jones and other guests.
In May, BET announced that Terrence J. and Rocsi would be leaving “106 & Park” for other opportunities.
“We’re so proud of Terrence and Rocsi as they head into the next phases of their careers,” said Stephen Hill, President of Music Programming and Specials, BET Networks. “They leave behind the legacies of being the longest running hosts of 106 & Park as well as the hosts that presided over the show’s most successful season ever. I will miss their energy, wit, talent and professionalism on-the-job, but look forward to celebrating with them their successes that lie ahead.”
Former “Rap City” hosts Julissa Bermudez and Big Tigger will also be on hand for the “106 & Park” special, which is being hosted by LaLa Anthony and Pooch Hall.
During the show, the six finalists who are competing to replace Terrence J. and Rocsi as hosts of “106 & Park” will be showcased to viewing audiences.
The “106 & Park” farewell special will air on BET this Friday (September 28) at 6:00 PM.
Check out the finalists below:
Shorty Da Prince, 23, Detroit, Michigan
Rodney Rikai, 25, Essex County, New Jersey
Kevin Thompson, 24, Brooklyn, New York
Paigion, 24-25, Detroit, Michigan
Jazzy, 23, Miami, Florida
Miss Mykie, 23, Houston, Texas
K. Nicole, 23, Mount Vernon, New York

:hamster: