10 Years Ago Today Jay Z Dropped Another Mediocre Forgettable Album

Mike Wins

Superstar
Daps
I’m talking its first week. And besides the album is 3x plat 17 years into his career. MJ the only other black male artist that successful late into their career.

Also RIAA is shipped not sold

Nobody denying he extremely successful and got great longevity

But that shyt ain't go triple off actual sales and streams, a third of that is the Samsung deal

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m talking its first week. And besides the album is 3x plat 17 years into his career. MJ the only other black male artist that successful late into their career

LL Cool J would like a word with you. Prince would like a word with you. Luther Vandross would also like a word with you. There's Kanye. I could go on.

Mike Wins

Superstar
Daps
What’s the hardest line from those nas albums

Or a super crazy verse

No one ever responds when I ask

Breh you was just calling Take It In Blood an average track. So either you disingenuous or don't like dude's music. Nobody gonna engage you on a serious level. You gonna throw the cape on for Jay and post verses for someone who tell you Can't Knock The Hustle or Imaginary Players is mediocre? Everyone know you gonna dismiss anything they post

So with that said :mjlol:

Listen to this from 1:30 on and if you don't feel that I don't believe you was a fan to begin with

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Breh you was just calling Take It In Blood an average track. So either you disingenuous or don't like dude's music. Nobody gonna engage you on a serious level. You gonna throw the cape on for Jay and post verses for someone who tell you Can't Knock The Hustle or Imaginary Players is mediocre? Everyone know you gonna dismiss anything they post

Listen to this from 1:30 on and if you don't feel that I don't believe you was a fan to begin with

Once again I like my verses and songs to mean something. Take it in blood is just rambling

And that WTF song is ok. Nothing special

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps
As people have said, theres a few good songs but also a lot of pretentious song concepts and hollow bars.

Jay-Z in his prime was incredible - deep, disrespectful, conceptual, funny. Just an amazing performer that had you glued to the speakers. I really think something changed after the 'retirement'. Yeah he still has his moments (AG mostly) but when I listen to his music post TBA, its like he stopped having fun with it. He wants to prove how smart he is in every song, where previously the song themselves were smart.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
As people have said, theres a few good songs but also a lot of pretentious song concepts and hollow bars.

Jay-Z in his prime was incredible - deep, disrespectful, conceptual, funny. Just an amazing performer that had you glued to the speakers. I really think something changed after the 'retirement'. Yeah he still has his moments (AG mostly) but when I listen to his music post TBA, its like he stopped having fun with it. He wants to prove how smart he is in every song, where previously the song themselves were smart.

yea he stopped making bangers....his shyt use to give me the gas face and have the neck snapping :dame:

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO

What songs are pretentious on this album

Da King

Veteran
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Uh, I just want a Picasso
I'm a hassa, no, I'm an a$$hole
giphy.gif

R.fb65d8e6306ab75ee63e75dba31b4892

:scusthov::huhldup::huhldup::huhldup::huhldup:

Cac acceptance :ohlawd:

HNIC973

R.I.P Bandana P
Daps
Reppin
Brick City,New Jerz

Jay stans are up there with those goofy ass Em stans fam. I remember when this bullshyt dropped nikkaz didn't like Tom Ford "You just mad you broke can't afford it" :dead: goofy nikkaz straight up