10 Years Ago Today Jay Z Dropped Another Mediocre Forgettable Album

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Picasso Baby, fukkwithmeyouknowIgotit, Oceans, Part II on the Run, and Open Letter were pretty good.

Holy Grail was TEDIOUS, Somewhere in America was definitely a song for a specific time period, Tom Ford was bad, Crown and Heaven were cool - nothing to write home about, but he's had worse songs, and the last half of the album was entirely forgettable - I need to give a relisten.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't understand how people consider 4:44 a bad album. Its sonically interesting, creative, easily Hov's most personally intimate album, has some STRONG songs, fantastic bars, and even on his "investment bar" songs, he was still. pretty sharp.

I know he didn't give straights coke and hustler bars - but it would be a great project to come from any artist

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Sorry to say man, if this was 2018 i would agree with you.

but the KD Series, and Magic has put Nas squarely above Jay Z.. without argument.
You talk about forgettable them shyts was out the top 200 in two weeks. No hit record. No quotes. No influence. shyts did nothing

This forgettable album sold more first week than those albums did lifetime combined

Daps
Reppin
NULL
You talk about forgettable them shyts was out the top 200 in two weeks. No hit record. No quotes. No influence. shyts did nothing

This forgettable album sold more first week than those albums did lifetime combined
Them 3 are garbage jay is just more popular to yt women and people so of course he sells more

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Uh, I just want a Picasso
I'm a hassa, no, I'm an a$$hole
giphy.gif

:laff:

WHolla09

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When this album came out, my friends would only bump like the first 4 songs and then turn it off. To this day, I don't know what the rest of the album sounds like. I didn't even know On the Run was a song until I saw a Jay/Beyonce concert on HBO. This is the only Jay related project I have not heard the entirety of. Eventually, one day, I plan to. No rush though, lol.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Sick of yall trying to downplay this #SamsungGalaxyS3 classic :ufdup: . Platinum Before Release :blessed:

The Timberlake Renaissance started right here :banderas:

The #BARS and #KNOWLEDGE being dropped by Jigga explaining his most basic lines to a :ohhh: Timbaland and Pharrell. Rick Rubin in the cut bobbling his head with his bare feet out in the studio :wow:

#ArtDecoHov with the classic living art performances aka music videos for yall peasants live from the MOMA