10 Years Ago Today Jay Z Dropped Another Mediocre Forgettable Album

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
I don't understand how people consider 4:44 a bad album. Its sonically interesting, creative, easily Hov's most personally intimate album, has some STRONG songs, fantastic bars, and even on his "investment bar" songs, he was still. pretty sharp.

I know he didn't give straights coke and hustler bars - but it would be a great project to come from any artist

so I can only speak for myself. when I listen to HOV I want shyt like "u don't know" or "in my lifetime"

4:44 was produced by NO I.D. his beats are snoozers.

Hov also rapped with zero charisma on that jawn.

Not a single "club" record either.

its just not the hov that I know n love :dame:

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
I don't understand how people consider 4:44 a bad album. Its sonically interesting, creative, easily Hov's most personally intimate album, has some STRONG songs, fantastic bars, and even on his "investment bar" songs, he was still. pretty sharp.

I know he didn't give straights coke and hustler bars - but it would be a great project to come from any artist

Please nobody wants to hear Hova Bell's Business 101 bullshyt.

"Save ya money and invest in art :blessed: "

"I cheated on my wife but we got a family :blessed: "

"STOP flossing and practice group economics :blessed: " *proceeds to flaunt own personal wealth bc he's a billionaire*

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
One of those albums that is hated way more online than it was in real time outside
I always thought the hate was a backlash to the promotion this album got

its not nearly as bad as the internet makes it it it be and the album worked

Mike Wins

Superstar
Daps
It didn’t count

:duck:

It was certified 2x platinum in September 2013 but actual sales was 1.1 million in January 2014

So yeah, that Samsung shyt counted far as RIAA was concerned

And shyt was trash regardless of sales :manny:

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
:duck:

It was certified 2x platinum in September 2013 but actual sales was 1.1 million in January 2014

So yeah, that Samsung shyt counted far as RIAA was concerned

And shyt was trash regardless of sales :manny:
I’m talking its first week. And besides the album is 3x plat 17 years into his career. MJ the only other black male artist that successful late into their career.

Also RIAA is shipped not sold

Last edited:

Budda

Superstar
Daps
Beyoncé fans are not listening to no damn jay album.

Jay Z is by far the most quoted rapper ever. Because people care about what he say still to this day. A skill that none of his peers have anymore

Jay most quoted line is in relation to Nas funnily enough, is it oochie Wally or one mic?

Apart from that he doesn’t have a line as quoted as sleep is the cousin of death.

Budda

Superstar
Daps
That is nowhere near his most quoted line. That’s Internet forum shyt lol

That’s he’s most quoted line amongst the youth, just go on Twitter for evidence, by the way the internet is a big deal in 2023.