[10/5] AEW Dynamite: The Sammy Guevara Depreciation Society, the Epitome... of Backstage Brawling

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
:russ: spot on

I don't know what he sees in Yuta and Garcia btw. They're ok, but they're not that interesting enough to warrant all that TV time and focus. They're basically Jamie Noble and Frankie Kazarian. Those guys are really good wrestlers. But they can barely emote or talk and have no personality.
Yuta's push is fine. I actually think TK fukked him over after the Mox match as dude was very fukking over as the spunky underdog. Then he joined the BCC and basically became member n°3 and we didn't see anything from him (besides 2 random matches for the Pure Title) up until this MJF match. And I was fine with him getting the spot he got tonight, that's were he should be: a fighting underdog that gets the crowd on his side before he losses to the bigger star. You gotta give him more reps on the mic so he can improve, I'm fine going through some growing pains at that level.

García is different because dude is a MAJOR part of Dynamite almost every week. And even before this painful, never ending angle with Jericho and Danielson dude was getting 15-20 minute main events. He's being set up to become a prominent player and he's clearly not ready yet for that. I have no ides how he's gonna survive without Jericho and Danielson holding his hand in terms of character and storylines. Him being booked in random matches by Tony without the backup of a bigger angle involving bigger stars is gonna be the death of him.

Last edited:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Anyways, it's still salvageable since they have their core fanbase, but I think if they went to be taken seriously they have to go back to being an alternative and bring in some extra people to handle management and creativity. There's a solid foundation to be had with their original talents like MJF, Jade, Starks, Hobbs, Darby, Wardlow, The Acclaimed, Dante Martin, and even Daniel Garcia. Then can have that talent supplemented by established wrestlers like Moxley, Bryan, The Elite, Swerve, FTR, Death Triangle, etc. They just need to fix the booking because the current structure can't really create talent unless they get stuff rolling themselves as MJF has done.
I feel most of the people watching Dynamite have been begging and waiting for a hard reset on every storyline and feud ever since Forbidden Door and we still haven't gotten it :snoop:

-The main title scene being Mox holding the belt to lose it against the real chosen guy (Punk then, MJF now)

-JAS vs BCC. With Daniel García being the center piece of it.

-FTR being too over and with too many titles to challenge for AEW belts.

-No sign of guys like Miro, Eddie, Hangman or Claudio except random shyt.

-Darby & Sting just being used to pop the crowd before the main events of PPVs.

-No one at Jade's level to be a threat.

-Wardlow doing the same he's been doing forever.

-Women's main program always involving Britt Baker.

Only things refreshing are The Acclaimed, Heel Swerve and that Starks/Hobbs angle that was fire but ended up being wasted by TK's lazy booking.

It's been the same loop of feuds, matches and random shyt for months and it's very tiring and frustating considering the roster they have.

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
Makes no sense having all these titles on the show. You got the ROH, NJPW, AAA, Trios, and AEW tag belts on the show. ROH TV title, ROH Pure title, TNT championship, and All Atlantic championship. This participation trophy shyt needs to end. Unify the ROH belts with the AEW belts and just have the ROH guys be integrated with the AEW guys and just retire the ROH brand.
ROH being saved is like a double edged sword, it's good to see a company with history being saved, but in return it's now a little brother to AEW despite being older, so TK will always prioritize AEW > ROH. Another thing to keep in mind with the company being saved, it's not the fourth largest national promotion anymore (it's two big companies like WWE and AEW with a mid sized one like Impact) and with TK wanting to get people signed to them, they're fighting for scrapes like Impact, MLW and NWA are.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
ROH being saved is like a double edged sword, it's good to see a company with history being saved, but in return it's now a little brother to AEW despite being older, so TK will always prioritize AEW > ROH. Another thing to keep in mind with the company being saved, it's not the fourth largest national promotion anymore (it's two big companies like WWE and AEW with a mid sized one like Impact) and with TK wanting to get people signed to them, they're fighting for scrapes like Impact, MLW and NWA are.
I get your point but to be honest, these past few weeks it's felt like Dynamite has been used as a backdoor pilot for ROH to get it's own show. shyt, the ROH Title feels like a more important/prominent story than the AEW one right now.

FaygoMI

All Star
Daps
AEW has fallen off a cliff. It's gotten to the point where I might just take a hiatus from watching for awhile :patrice:

The biggest problem is not using the right people. If your "homegrown" talent isn't better than the talent that has come in tough shyt.

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
I get your point but to be honest, these past few weeks it's felt like Dynamite has been used as a backdoor pilot for ROH to get it's own show. shyt, the ROH Title feels like a more important/prominent story than the AEW one right now.
And that part doesn't make any sense as AEW title is the WWE title to ROH title which is the World Heavyweight title. However, if ROH do get it's own show again, it's going to compete the three other companies I mentioned plus NXT because we know it won't be on a monday or friday (unless they get rid of Rampage and that won't happen because it will compete against Smack Down and the NBA). TK better play his cards right, or else it'll backfire now with WWE being competitive and the others are trying to build themselves up.

EDIT: Forgot to mention due the NFL laws, a team owner can't have another product aired the same day a NFL game is aired, so Monday and Thursday is out of the question. Pretty much if they were to get a deal, it'll be on Tuesday competing against NXT, but it'll also cut into AEW Dark.

Last edited:

PharaohAtem

King Of Egypt.
Daps

56uw2t.png

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
I think the issue is Tony doesn't know how to delegate. I think its obvious for the past 2 years that he doesn't know how to book a cohesive storyline. I felt most of the interesting stuff was either from the wrestler's creativity or stuff built before AEW's inception. Also, there's nothing wrong about getting ex-wwe guys, but some of the guys they brought over from NXT showed AEW that's their level.

Anyways, it's still salvageable since they have their core fanbase, but I think if they went to be taken seriously they have to go back to being an alternative and bring in some extra people to handle management and creativity. There's a solid foundation to be had with their original talents like MJF, Jade, Starks, Hobbs, Darby, Wardlow, The Acclaimed, Dante Martin, and even Daniel Garcia. Then can have that talent supplemented by established wrestlers like Moxley, Bryan, The Elite, Swerve, FTR, Death Triangle, etc. They just need to fix the booking because the current structure can't really create talent unless they get stuff rolling themselves as MJF has done.
There's no reason why Khan has Arn Anderson, Jim Ross, Christopher Daniels, Regal, Jerry Lynn, etc and those guys not be bookers and/or writers. It's cool that Tony Khan grew up a wrestling fan and is living his dream but you need to stop booking your promotion like it's WWE 2k.