[10/5] AEW Dynamite: The Sammy Guevara Depreciation Society, the Epitome... of Backstage Brawling

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Makes no sense having all these titles on the show. You got the ROH, NJPW, AAA, Trios, and AEW tag belts on the show. ROH TV title, ROH Pure title, TNT championship, and All Atlantic championship. This participation trophy shyt needs to end. Unify the ROH belts with the AEW belts and just have the ROH guys be integrated with the AEW guys and just retire the ROH brand.
Adderall Ambition thinks he can revive a dead indy. This is literally a rerun of WWECW. Jericac is Big Show.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
The show fell off a cliff right after The Acclaim segment imo…..The 2nd half was really bad.

The angle with the JAC/BKC and Daniel Garcia needs to end because it’s the worst angle in all of wrestling right now. I used to look forward to seeing Danielson wrestle but even he’s become stale. His matches have been uninspiring lately.
He's in full house show mode, just repeat some spots, get the crowd to pop from some signature stuff and go to the finish. Next week will be very telling, if he has another match were it's just chops and Dragon outwrestling Jericho, who gets frustrated and tries to cheat (and most likely wins) then it's clear as day Danielson is as unmotivated with his booking as we are. If he turns on another gear and crafts a different type of match to put Jericho over -so he can then put García over-, then it tells us he's happy with this middling spot and we just gotta deal with it :heh:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
AEW got me excited to watch wrestling again back in 2019. I used to get excited to watch every week but now it's to the point that I don't care what happens on the show.

Breh...I legit got giddy when friggin Darby went through a fukking Cracker Barrel barrel :why:

What made AEW special during the early years was the fact that the OGs were the mentors (with the exception of Jericho because mentors got to be a family man), the events felt larger than life despite the roster being a bunch of unknowns to the casual market, and the storylines made somewhat a lick of sense. You can easily tell who had the book and who didn't.

The rank system actually had a toe before the shyt went left field to lmao.

Hell, the stables actually had some leverage for storytelling. What went wrong is the idealogy of a wrestling promotion being run by a wrestling mark. Yes, Vince was an out of touch, senile, miserable, heman knuckle dragging, alpha mate stuck in a fratboy with a soul of a toddler, redneck cosplaying as a up north business man...but dude knew the game and the book.

Look at majority of the ex guys. Majority of them are proving Vince and em right, because who in their right mind want to hear Keith Lee on a stick:why:.

Khan has homegrown talent from Starks to Wardlow, but they are in limbo. Hell, that demonic thick jawn had next but lmao!

It reminds me of what my son used to do, before he got a tablet to do art. Dude used to create pictures of some of the dopest pieces of art I have ever seen. By the time I want to show my wife what he did, he balls up the shyt and works on another picture :mindblown:.

This is AEW right now. Constant unfinished booking that looks good on paper, but ends up getting balled up.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Right. All the NJPW dikk riding and not a word for the founder?

This is the same promotion that had the fukking Rainmaker and TanaGOATi coming out in sweats and a t shirt. Like my GOAT eating curry ramen in the back watching kinky twist Youtube videos and Khan went "YOU UP!"

Tanahashi: "NANI?"

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Of course not, TK cares not about creating a story. He just wants to put a indy card on TV twice a week
Don't worry breh, Claudio gonna comeback to team with Yuta for a tag match eliminator at the PPV against Lucha Bros :krs: shyt, he might team with Dragon and Yuta to build a trios title match on a random Dynamite :krs:

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
Don't worry breh, Claudio gonna comeback to team with Yuta for a tag match eliminator at the PPV against Lucha Bros :krs: shyt, he might team with Dragon and Yuta to build a trios title match on a random Dynamite :krs:

:russ: spot on

I don't know what he sees in Yuta and Garcia btw. They're ok, but they're not that interesting enough to warrant all that TV time and focus. They're basically Jamie Noble and Frankie Kazarian. Those guys are really good wrestlers. But they can barely emote or talk and have no personality.

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell
:russ: spot on

I don't know what he sees in Yuta and Garcia btw. They're ok, but they're not that interesting enough to warrant all that TV time and focus. They're basically Jamie Noble and Frankie Kazarian. Those guys are really good wrestlers. But they can barely emote or talk and have no personality.

Starks should be getting both Yuta and Garcia's TV time.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
AEW got me excited to watch wrestling again back in 2019. I used to get excited to watch every week but now it's to the point that I don't care what happens on the show.
I think the issue is Tony doesn't know how to delegate. I think its obvious for the past 2 years that he doesn't know how to book a cohesive storyline. I felt most of the interesting stuff was either from the wrestler's creativity or stuff built before AEW's inception. Also, there's nothing wrong about getting ex-wwe guys, but some of the guys they brought over from NXT showed AEW that's their level.

Anyways, it's still salvageable since they have their core fanbase, but I think if they went to be taken seriously they have to go back to being an alternative and bring in some extra people to handle management and creativity. There's a solid foundation to be had with their original talents like MJF, Jade, Starks, Hobbs, Darby, Wardlow, The Acclaimed, Dante Martin, and even Daniel Garcia. Then can have that talent supplemented by established wrestlers like Moxley, Bryan, The Elite, Swerve, FTR, Death Triangle, etc. They just need to fix the booking because the current structure can't really create talent unless they get stuff rolling themselves as MJF has done.