10/12/24 DAZN/ESPN+: Artur Beterbiev vs Dmitry Bivol (Undisputed Light Heavyweight Championship)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
Rewatched the fight just now. Ended up at 7-5 bivol. Can't see anybody giving beterbiev 7 rounds. That being said, I still wouldn't call it a robbery. And that's because I think body language plays a big part in fights. And one thing I didn't like about bivols performance was that he would go on long stretches where he was just shelling up and allowing beterbiev to walk him down and pummel him on the gloves. Even though many of the punches didn't score, it's still not a good look. It gave off the impression that he was shook or even hurt at times. Beterbiev got rocked at one point but he came back fighting. And he never stopped coming forward no matter what.

Bivol in the last 3 rounds looked similar to how Haney looked in the last 3 rounds against lomachenko. Where he was getting walked down and not standing his ground much. And it kind of tainted his performance. I had bivol winning but if this was a 15 round fight I'm not sure he would have survived. You gotta end a fight strong. Still doesn't change the fact that the 8-4 scorecard was dog shyt. But bivol didn't do himself any favors with all the shelling up. But overall he still landed the cleaner head snapping punches.

To be honest I don't even really care to see a rematch immediately. It was a good fight but wouldn't call it great. The tension is what made it good moreso than their performances. A rematch would be the same exact shyt. Let David(or morrel) get the shot if he's really serious about it. And no more fights in Saudi. The atmosphere is fukkin horrible.
Similar thoughts, but I think Haney really took it to Loma in the 12th. Fight also reminded me of Crawford vs Madrimov, once it hit the championship rounds. Crawford really got aggressive and I think was hurting Madrimov, so in return, he started clinching.

You're 100% right, the body language of Bivol in the latter rounds looked like he was spent. I think he knew that if he wasn't careful, he could get knocked down by Beterbiev late in the fight, so he tried to be as safe as possible. I think if it wasn't for those rounds he would've won the fight decisively.

Another point, is that I've seen a lot of interviews where people claim that the fight looked different in Saudi Arabia; Artur looked like the winner from ringside but Bivol probably looked better on TV. I couldn't tell if Beterbiev's short shots were landing on Bivol at times, while ringside, people are probably hearing gunshots.

Last edited:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Ppl bivol got beat up...but he's a tough tough man to take it but knowing how this goes...beterbiev chipped away a little at his punch resistance with the visible injuries bivol has..and unless father time gets beterbiev, bivol is in for a significant amount of hurt in a rematch..think juanma vs salido

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Ppl bivol got beat up...but he's a tough tough man to take it but knowing how this goes...beterbiev chipped away a little at his punch resistance with the visible injuries bivol has..and unless father time gets beterbiev, bivol is in for a significant amount of hurt in a rematch..think juanma vs salido
Which is why their shouldn't be a rematch beterbiev lost. Outboxed a power puncher and didn't get the rightful nod. Pretty much 99% of boxerd think bivol won too. This that stupid " effective aggression" bs that gave ball the nod over ford

H.I.M.

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
115-113 Bivol.

Classic case of judges scoring ineffective aggression and disregarding the scoring criteria in favor of the ineffective aggressor.

But Beterbiev did look more spry at the end of the fight as if he could go about 6-7 more rounds, while Bivol looked like he had nothing left by the end of the 12th.

I think Beterbiev beats him handily in a rematch if he invests more in the body early on, it was there for the taking the entire fight.

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
This might be one of the worst decisions for me since canelo ggg 1, clear bivol win. Beterbiev inability to cut off the ring or land much why throwing at gloves just illustrates what I hate about boxing. Rewarding activity for sake of activity is dumb. Beterbiev just throws without landing bunch of inaccurate shots, it's why bivol was able to land so much and push him back at times. Beterbiev not good on backfoot, that was eye opening
We viewed it the same.

People don’t understand the art of boxing anymore. They like fighting, not boxing. Saddening.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
Beterbiev punched in clinches easily, early in the fight, Bivol was smart enough not to give away clean punches for the judges like that.

But the judges rewarded buffoonery and dumb fans that don’t know shyt about boxing.

The problem with this line of thinking is for some reason, you feel like the decision was absolutely egregious.

I don't agree with the decision but I believe the fight was close.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Beterbiev punched in clinches easily, early in the fight, Bivol was smart enough not to give away clean punches for the judges like that.

But the judges rewarded buffoonery and dumb fans that don’t know shyt about boxing.