10/12/24 DAZN/ESPN+: Artur Beterbiev vs Dmitry Bivol (Undisputed Light Heavyweight Championship)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
To my dismay Bivol proved he can hang with Beterbiev for 12 and didn’t get beat down.

116-112 was a bit too wide but the other two cards were fine. It was a nip and tuck fight.

0 pity for Bivol and his team though, they tried to age him out. :ufdup:Almost worked but just almost.

Happy for Beterbiev winning it and finally reaching the climax of his career.
The fact he did it at 39 makes it very impressive.

A lot of us here are big on him for a long time and we expected him to reach this spot one time. R.I.P Smoke, I hope he was watching somewhere :wow:

How did they age him out :mjlol: , didn't Beterbiev get the fight pushed back on at least a couple of occasions?

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Brehs, in your opinion who makes the adjustments in the rematch to take this home? What will they be? Will it be Artur who will know to go to Bivols body more or will Bivol now know he can take Artur's power and not to take the championship rounds as lightly?
Bivol can't take Beterbiev's power, the fact he was shelled up and permanently on his bike the last 4 rounds should have showed you that. If Beterbiev starts going to Bivol's body more starting in round 1 Bivol will be done by round 6. I still don't see how people don't see that Bivol was getting beat up in the back half of the fight. A rematch will not go how people think it will.

morris

Superstar
Daps
A few things to take away from this match:

1. It was a very close fight either way.
2. Bivol destroyed Beterbiev 's aura of a finisher (for now: hell, Joe Smith hurt Bivol worse than Artur did)
3. In boxing, you can NEVER give away that last 2-3 rounds (DLH vs Trinidad),
4. Good match but nowhere near great; would like to see a rematch but not dying for it.
5. Makes me wonder if Beterbiev could take Canelo 's hooks

And what is that I saw about Beterbiev in the ring with a Chechen warlord??

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
The fact you insist on calling a close fight a robbery shows that you are a casual. I follow boxing, and I’ve always posted in this forum.

You are using Shakur (a runner who refuses to engage punchers, like Bivol was doing), Shawn Porter (has a lot of casual opinions like the one you’re trying to stand on), and Andre Ward (hates on damn near every light heavyweight).

Bivol’s face looks like it got hit with a bag of bricks, he literally ran the last 3 rounds, and closed multiple middle rounds on his bike while Artur was applying pressure and landing shots. Bivol would land a few counters in the first minute, then Artur would land a shot and send him running the rest of the round.

Either you are a Bivol Stan because he beat Canelo or you are a Canelo Stan that is now upset his legacy takes a hit. Which one is it?
Your time in here clearly hasn't done much for you.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
Rewatched the fight just now. Ended up at 7-5 bivol. Can't see anybody giving beterbiev 7 rounds. That being said, I still wouldn't call it a robbery. And that's because I think body language plays a big part in fights. And one thing I didn't like about bivols performance was that he would go on long stretches where he was just shelling up and allowing beterbiev to walk him down and pummel him on the gloves. Even though many of the punches didn't score, it's still not a good look. It gave off the impression that he was shook or even hurt at times. Beterbiev got rocked at one point but he came back fighting. And he never stopped coming forward no matter what.

Bivol in the last 3 rounds looked similar to how Haney looked in the last 3 rounds against lomachenko. Where he was getting walked down and not standing his ground much. And it kind of tainted his performance. I had bivol winning but if this was a 15 round fight I'm not sure he would have survived. You gotta end a fight strong. Still doesn't change the fact that the 8-4 scorecard was dog shyt. But bivol didn't do himself any favors with all the shelling up. But overall he still landed the cleaner head snapping punches.

To be honest I don't even really care to see a rematch immediately. It was a good fight but wouldn't call it great. The tension is what made it good moreso than their performances. A rematch would be the same exact shyt. Let David(or morrel) get the shot if he's really serious about it. And no more fights in Saudi. The atmosphere is fukkin horrible.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
I disagree.

Beterbiev landed 3 maybe 4 clean shots the entire 12 rounds.

In what stratosphere can you win a fight when your opponent out lands you in every category, but also pops your head off your shoulders two dozen times?

Ay cuh , you are trippin'.

Out if 12 rounds, you only seen 3 or 4 clean shots from Beterbiev?

Chunk, I have never seen you this impartial.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
giphy.gif

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Breadman's prediction was Beterbiev by decision:

"Beterbiev doesn’t have to drop him or stop him early. But he has to make Bivol feel his presence. If Bivol gets comfortable like he did vs Canelo, he wins.

When I look at the Anthony Yarde fight, I do see a space where Bivol can win a decision. Beterbiev is great but he’s not an invincible force. He’s more of a destructive force.

My guess is Beterbiev is too mean of a human being for Bivol. He starts off fast with a good jab. The fight is evenly contested on the outside but Beterbiev is putting doubt in Bivol’s mind on the inside of his soul. As the fight goes on, Bivol has a choice. He can go out on his shield or he can stay conservative and lose a decision. Yes, I believe Beterbiev can win a decision in this fight. Similar to the one Chavez won against Camacho. My pick is Beterbiev and I’m not ruling out a decision."

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
That's what Joe Smith said

Yeah just getting battered until you break while canelo is trying to knowing you out. I cant see Canelo wanting those problems because i legit feel Beterbiev can become a champ at Crusier.

That said I just cant see Morrell or Benevidez competing with Bivol or Beterbiev. Both seem like mere mortals, granted it was 1 fight but still. Bivol is just too damn good, and Beterbiev breaks both. benevidez is maybe the better skilled but Bivol is generational imo

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
This might be one of the worst decisions for me since canelo ggg 1, clear bivol win. Beterbiev inability to cut off the ring or land much why throwing at gloves just illustrates what I hate about boxing. Rewarding activity for sake of activity is dumb. Beterbiev just throws without landing bunch of inaccurate shots, it's why bivol was able to land so much and push him back at times. Beterbiev not good on backfoot, that was eye opening