10/12/24 DAZN/ESPN+: Artur Beterbiev vs Dmitry Bivol (Undisputed Light Heavyweight Championship)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Rewatched the fight and I honestly have it Bivol by a large margin.

I always try to judge a fight based on clean punching. I notice announcers were giving a lot of credit to Beterbiev for punching through Bivol’s gloves or saying “that was a strong punch because Beterbiev has more punching power”.

That’s simply not effective judging to me. That’s making a lot of assumptions vs actually seeing someone get hit by a flush punch. Of which, Bivol was tagging Beterbiev clean through the fight and boxed his ass off.

Looking at someone’s face to judge a boxing match, also a useless metric. I’d rather be the guy who doesn’t get concussions vs the guy who got temporary red marks on their face.

Last edited:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Just finishing watching and I thought it was 7-5 Bivol. I can see 6-6 but I'm struggling to find 7 rounds to Beterbiev, let alone 8. I think Bivol had it easy to be frank and Artur's body language after the final bell felt like he knew he lost.

I may have to rewatch but to me, AB touched alot of glove and lacked creativity in his punch selection, I'm fine with rewarding aggression but the landing has to be clean and Beterbiev wasn't landing flush most of the times.

I didn't see him breaking Bivol's high guard down at all and expected him to go to the body earlier which he probably didn't do because the counters were coming fast and in bunches.

Bivol boxed well as expected but he had some moments of inactivity that allowed AB to take control a times. I'm guessing that's probably what caught the eyes of the judges ?

Still, he was moving proper well into the 12 and was the one landing clean every time he meaningfully threw. I eally like the soviet style of his but it likely spends too much energy so he needs to pace himself.

Very good fight overall but I disagree with the decision.

Last edited:

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Go back to the other forums. You don't follow boxing, nor understand how what constitutes winning a fight.

All the pro fighters calling it a robbery. The only ones saying the other way are sycophants or online casuals.
The fact you insist on calling a close fight a robbery shows that you are a casual. I follow boxing, and I’ve always posted in this forum.

You are using Shakur (a runner who refuses to engage punchers, like Bivol was doing), Shawn Porter (has a lot of casual opinions like the one you’re trying to stand on), and Andre Ward (hates on damn near every light heavyweight).

Bivol’s face looks like it got hit with a bag of bricks, he literally ran the last 3 rounds, and closed multiple middle rounds on his bike while Artur was applying pressure and landing shots. Bivol would land a few counters in the first minute, then Artur would land a shot and send him running the rest of the round.

Either you are a Bivol Stan because he beat Canelo or you are a Canelo Stan that is now upset his legacy takes a hit. Which one is it?

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I disagree.

Beterbiev landed 3 maybe 4 clean shots the entire 12 rounds.

In what stratosphere can you win a fight when your opponent out lands you in every category, but also pops your head off your shoulders two dozen times?
So he only landed 4 clean punches in 12 rounds, yet Bivol’s left eye is damn near shut :francis:

Eddie “Get You Beat” Hearn :mjlol:

Last edited:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
To my dismay Bivol proved he can hang with Beterbiev for 12 and didn’t get beat down.

116-112 was a bit too wide but the other two cards were fine. It was a nip and tuck fight.

0 pity for Bivol and his team though, they tried to age him out. :ufdup:Almost worked but just almost.

Happy for Beterbiev winning it and finally reaching the climax of his career.
The fact he did it at 39 makes it very impressive.

A lot of us here are big on him for a long time and we expected him to reach this spot one time. R.I.P Smoke, I hope he was watching somewhere :wow:

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
So he only landed 4 clean punches in 12 rounds, yet Bivol’s left eye is damn near shut :francis:
I saw someone earlier say that Bivol's eye looks like that because when he was blocking he holds his guard in so tight that his own gloves would rub and drag against his eye.

But I would have to rewatch the fight to see if that's true. To your point even if those punches weren't scoring the force from Artur's Punches hitting the gloves definitely contributed to that Eye being swollen.

To me this was a Draw. I know Turki came out and said he didn't agree with the decision.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I saw someone earlier say that Bivol's eye looks like that because when he was blocking he holds his guard in so tight that the punches his own gloves would rub and drag against his eye.

But I would have to rewatch the fight to see if that's true.

To me this was a Draw. I know Turki came out and said he didn't agree with the decision.
He was blocking a lot of shots but he wasn’t blocking all of them. People saying Beterbiev only landed 4 punches the entire fight is just insane imo.

I could agree with a draw or even 7-5 Bivol if someone felt that way. But to say Bivol dominated the fight is just not reality

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
He was blocking a lot of shots but he wasn’t blocking all of them. People saying Beterbiev only landed 4 punches the entire fight is just insane imo.

I could agree with a draw or even 7-5 Bivol if someone felt that way. But to say Bivol dominated the fight is just not reality
Oh yeah I agree with you 100%. It definitely wasn't domination from Bivol.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
The fact you insist on calling a close fight a robbery shows that you are a casual. I follow boxing, and I’ve always posted in this forum.

You are using Shakur (a runner who refuses to engage punchers, like Bivol was doing), Shawn Porter (has a lot of casual opinions like the one you’re trying to stand on), and Andre Ward (hates on damn near every light heavyweight).

Bivol’s face looks like it got hit with a bag of bricks, he literally ran the last 3 rounds, and closed multiple middle rounds on his bike while Artur was applying pressure and landing shots. Bivol would land a few counters in the first minute, then Artur would land a shot and send him running the rest of the round.

Either you are a Bivol Stan because he beat Canelo or you are a Canelo Stan that is now upset his legacy takes a hit. Which one is it?
Do not pay any attention to Chucky Honkywood.

S.W.A.G.

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brehs, in your opinion who makes the adjustments in the rematch to take this home? What will they be? Will it be Artur who will know to go to Bivols body more or will Bivol now know he can take Artur's power and not to take the championship rounds as lightly?

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Just finishing watching and I thought it was 5-7 Bivol. I can see 6-6 but I'm struggling to find 7 rounds to Beterbiev, let alone 8. I think Bivol had it easy to be frank and Artur's body language after the final bell felt like he knew he lost.

I may have to rewatch but to me, AB touched alot of glove and lacked creativity in his punch selection, I'm fine with rewarding aggression but the landing has to be clean and Beterbiev wasn't landing flush most of the times.

I didn't see him breaking Bivol's high guard down at all and expected him to go to the body earlier which he probably didn't do because the counters were coming fast and in bunches.

Bivol boxed well as expected but he had some moments of inactivity that allowed AB to take control a times. I'm guessing that's probably what caught the eyes of the judges ?

Still, he was moving proper well into the 12 and was the one landing clean every time he meaningfully threw. I eally like the soviet style of his but it likely spends too much energy so he needs to pace himself.

Very good fight overall but I disagree with the decision.

Bivol dapped Beterebiev after the final bell and kinda went for a hug and Beterbiev walked off like a loser lmfao his whole post fight energy was same as when Rolly got the win over the old venezualam guy