10/12/24 DAZN/ESPN+: Artur Beterbiev vs Dmitry Bivol (Undisputed Light Heavyweight Championship)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Shiiit, we playing this game? :mjlit:

The Chechen genocide sympathiser/supporter/participant nearly got ended by a jobber (Callum Johnson), as well as looking pretty shaky against Yarde and Browne. And I haven't even gotten started on his list of Canadian jobber opponents to start his professional career, let alone his card being pulled by Usyk again and again.
He fought a former world champion in his 3rd fight..you can't talk out your ass on this one lol. Yarde was finished after he gassed out and caught an asswhoopin. Browne dirty headbutt shyt didn't work and he caught an incredible ass whooping. Callum johnson dropped him early and was finished 2 rounds later. None of these shaky opponents heard the final bell :dead:

So yeah let's see who will be right

And @NormanConnors since I see you liking his posts and see what you picked you know what I'm gonna get at you about if incorrect lol

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ive picked Bivol, but what are brehs thoughts on Beterbiev vs Roy Jones, this nikka grazing guys and dropping em:damn:, would Roy's speed help him out here
I think it would come down to if Beterbiev could make it into the later rounds when Roy wouldn't be as active and can he time Roy when he got shots single punches

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
you may be right. probably the only thing thats plagues my mind about that is how incapable beterbiev looked trying to crack through enrico koelling's simple yet tight guard until something like the last 30 seconds of the 12th. i felt he looked very confused by it and just could not land his punches. as a result it was a very uneventful fight with very little action. the crowd was booing them both often throughout the fight. why was beterbiev so ineffective in this fight? is that just a fluke, or was there something wrong there?
I just rewatched that fight to confirm a couple of things:

AB was 11-0 fighting for the vacant IBF this fight
This was one of the VERY few times I actually agreed with Teddy Atlas commentary lol

Koellling fought not to get KO'ed bro, that's where the boos came from. He kept his hands in his pockets the whole fight while feinting, keeping a high guard, opening up once in a while, & moving. Credit to AB in putting pressure on him & finally breaking him down. He landed some nasty right hands to the body which expedited breaking him down which I mentioned I could see him doing to Bivol. By the 8th/9th rounds, you can see Koelling wearing down