10/12/24 DAZN/ESPN+: Artur Beterbiev vs Dmitry Bivol (Undisputed Light Heavyweight Championship)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
I think we're gonna see AB use right hands to the body this fight. He did the same against The Nail because of his use of the high guard & I can see him doing using this from time to time this fight. If you've watched Bivol's stance in the high guard, they'll be opportunities to land those kinds of shots. I can see AB using a jab or that straight right there

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
I don't know....bivol nearly got upset by Craig Richards:youngsabo:
Shiiit, we playing this game? :mjlit:

The Chechen genocide sympathiser/supporter/participant nearly got ended by a jobber (Callum Johnson), as well as looking pretty shaky against Yarde and Browne. And I haven't even gotten started on his list of Canadian jobber opponents to start his professional career, let alone his card being pulled by Usyk again and again.

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
I think we're gonna see AB use right hands to the body this fight. He did the same against The Nail because of his use of the high guard & I can see him doing using this from time to time this fight. If you've watched Bivol's stance in the high guard, they'll be opportunities to land those kinds of shots. I can see AB using a jab or that straight right there
Yeah I can see that in exchanges on the way to, or on the ropes, Beterbiev has a nice right to the body that he can feint/start as a straight, but can turn it into a hook.

This matchup is a contest of composure and output, who can tag and piece the other man up and not get overwhelmed.

But ultimately it's a battle of v02 max, round conditioning and physical capacity, not strength.

Bivol gets it because of this.

Stoppage later rounds. Put your money on it, i'm good at this shyt.

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
Bivol going to have to pull off a master class performance. My heart is with him and I still have him winning by decision... But I may bet beterbiev for the ko 😂

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
This fight goes past 6 rounds and Bivol by TKO.

Before then and Beterbiev might be able to get him out of there.

Heard it here first.

Lot of power infatuation going on over here.
Oddly enough the Punch Perfect guy (idk if he's respected here or not) sees a Bivol stoppage since perfect boxing for 12 rounds is unlikely and he'll press the issue.

He conversely thinks Beterbiev could win a decision by getting more eye-catching/cleaner shots while Bivol technically outboxes him but is too defensive to exchange and give Beterbiev a chance to really get him.

Just an interesting switch from the beaten path.

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
the difference between the way gvozdyk and bivol block punches is that, bivol puts a hunch in his back, and gvozdyk stands up straight.

MoshpitMazi

Moshpit Gxng/ Anti Fash
Daps
Reppin
Stone Mountain GA
Shiiit, we playing this game? :mjlit:

The Chechen genocide sympathiser/supporter/participant nearly got ended by a jobber (Callum Johnson), as well as looking pretty shaky against Yarde and Browne. And I haven't even gotten started on his list of Canadian jobber opponents to start his professional career, let alone his card being pulled by Usyk again and again.
Yarde isn't a bum tho. :mjgrin:

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
the difference between the way gvozdyk and bivol block punches is that, bivol puts a hunch in his back, and gvozdyk stands up straight.
Bivol also backs up in a straight line with that high guard with very little head movement & you know exactly what can happen if AB sees that.......AB's gonna follow him right out the door with hard shots waiting for him. I expect to see a double jab from AB to close the distance to land his shots. To me, if you don't have the power to deter AB, it's a MUST to be able to move your head against this guy or else he's gonna chop you down

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
Bivol also backs up in a straight line with that high guard with very little head movement & you know exactly what can happen if AB sees that.......AB's gonna follow him right out the door with hard shots waiting for him. I expect to see a double jab from AB to close the distance to land his shots. To me, if you don't have the power to deter AB, it's a MUST to be able to move your head against this guy or else he's gonna chop you down
you may be right. probably the only thing thats plagues my mind about that is how incapable beterbiev looked trying to crack through enrico koelling's simple yet tight guard until something like the last 30 seconds of the 12th. i felt he looked very confused by it and just could not land his punches. as a result it was a very uneventful fight with very little action. the crowd was booing them both often throughout the fight. why was beterbiev so ineffective in this fight? is that just a fluke, or was there something wrong there?