10/12/24 DAZN/ESPN+: Artur Beterbiev vs Dmitry Bivol (Undisputed Light Heavyweight Championship)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
I just rewatched that fight to confirm a couple of things:

AB was 11-0 fighting for the vacant IBF this fight
This was one of the VERY few times I actually agreed with Teddy Atlas commentary lol

Koellling fought not to get KO'ed bro, that's where the boos came from. He kept his hands in his pockets the whole fight while feinting, keeping a high guard, opening up once in a while, & moving. Credit to AB in putting pressure on him & finally breaking him down. He landed some nasty right hands to the body which expedited breaking him down which I mentioned I could see him doing to Bivol. By the 8th/9th rounds, you can see Koelling wearing down
that was very early in beterbiev's career. but he was 32 years old and closer to his physical prime than he is now. beterbiev could never really get through that defense until really late in the fight. it did confuse him and he was throwing a lot of pitter patter punches that could only land on gloves and arms. the only time a shot gets through that visibly hurt koelling is finally at the end of the 12th with about 30 seconds left. as you said koelling was fighting totally defensive. but bivol is also very defensive. i understand its an obscure thing to bring up. but its a fight that really bothers me.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
Idk but I'm starting to get really tired of this world champion taking these showcase fights there ain't a name he face out here ??

Bro can be box office if he had better opps

I was thinking this yesterday after the weigh in.

Opetaia could absolutely be the face of the Cruiserweight division but they gotta get him in the with someone who he isn't just gonna absolutely pummel to Bolivia.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
that was very early in beterbiev's career. but he was 32 years old and closer to his physical prime than he is now. beterbiev could never really get through that defense until really late in the fight. it did confuse him and he was throwing a lot of pitter patter punches that could only land on gloves and arms. the only time a shot gets through that visibly hurt koelling is finally at the end of the 12th with about 30 seconds left. as you said koelling was fighting totally defensive. but bivol is also very defensive. i understand its an obscure thing to bring up. but its a fight that really bothers me.
I saw it very different bro. He fought a guy that was fighting to not get KO'ed & not move his hands to open up himself for that KO. He also had to be careful because when Koelling did open up, it was sudden & AB could get caught with something stupid he wasn't expecting. It was a title fight & he got hit on the back of the head early & it looked like it visibly bothered him. From that point forward, he boxed methodically behind his jab & slowly broke him down. He started throwing with real bad intentions the second half of the fight. He realized those body shots were affecting him & fought very aggressive the last 2 rounds & got him out of there