10/12/24 DAZN/ESPN+: Artur Beterbiev vs Dmitry Bivol (Undisputed Light Heavyweight Championship)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rico_ens

Pro
Daps
This nikka bivol fight like an angry woman who just went thru ur phone

Beterbiev ko rd 11

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
I saw it very different bro. He fought a guy that was fighting to not get KO'ed & not move his hands to open up himself for that KO. He also had to be careful because when Koelling did open up, it was sudden & AB could get caught with something stupid he wasn't expecting. It was a title fight & he got hit on the back of the head early & it looked like it visibly bothered him. From that point forward, he boxed methodically behind his jab & slowly broke him down. He started throwing with real bad intentions the second half of the fight. He realized those body shots were affecting him & fought very aggressive the last 2 rounds & got him out of there
i didn't see beterbiev land anything really significant on koelling until late in the 12th. i'm rewatching rounds 8-11 on your recommendation if i might have missed something that you might have caught on your watch. its a small enough section of the fight that anyone can quickly watch it and come up with their own conclusions. round 8 couldn't have been when beterbiev starts to break koelling down because all he lands are jabs on gloves. round 9 opens up with the crowd booing again as the commentary debates if beterbiev is doing enough. beterbiev lands a couple of punches throughout the round that either don't seem to affect koelling or koelling can really hide it. round 10 beterbiev's punches continue to be blocked or halfway land/halfway blocked. does not land any solid punches until he lands a right hand to the body at the end of the round and koelling makes a little face. very little action in this round. round 11 beterbiev throws a combination of punches and one gets through and knocks koelling's head up and commentary says thats the best punch of the whole fight but doesn't seem to affect koelling much or koelling must be able to really hide it. thats probably the best stretch of the fight for beterbiev but doesn't look a whole lot different than the any of the other rounds of the fight. at the end of the 11th brian kenny says, "i know what you're saying [the] fans can come away dry and say wait, this is a knock out artist - where is it?" i guess you could try to say beterbiev is breaking him down here, i don't think i could be able to argue against that too much, but theres just not a lot of action going on to be able to say it definitively either. and its enough that it puts a little doubt in mind. if its that hard to hit koelling it might be hard to hit bivol.