1 year in, what happened to the PS5 SSD hype?????

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
9hxbls3zmc151.jpg
:russ::russ:

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So now sony stans going to pretend its not 1000 threads on here saying that the way the SSD works in PS5 will greatly benefit the system to have better graphics? :mjlol:

I stan games not companies and machines but I’m just pointing out that wouldn’t have made sense in the first place.

I’m in the PC thread and Nintendo threads, I’m just not pushing narratives against shyt I don’t like y’all

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I stan games not companies and machines but I’m just pointing out that wouldn’t have made sense in the first place.
There was thousands of think pieces, articles, blogs and even threads on here about how the PS5 SSD was going to change gaming and how the hard drive was going to offset load from the GPU to improve graphic quality :russ:

so now it dont make sense ? :russ:

How the SSD was going to make the PS5 out perform PC's for years to come, and now the PS5 isnt even as good as a PC made in 2016 :russ:

Still playing at 1080p 60 FPS for next gen games :wow:

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There was thousands of think pieces, articles, blogs and even threads on here about how the PS5 SSD was going to change gaming and how the hard drive was going to offset load from the GPU to improve graphic quality :russ:

so now it dont make sense ? :russ:

How the SSD was going to make the PS5 out perform PC's for years to come, and now the PS5 isnt even as good as a PC made in 2016 :russ:

Still playing at 1080p 60 FPS for next gen games :wow:

nikka…. I never said it did in the first place
:mjlol: All the rest of that shyt is irrelevant talk to them nikkas that said it

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
nikka…. I never said it did in the first place
:mjlol: All the rest of that shyt is irrelevant talk to them nikkas that said it
Ok.. you are 1 person.. so why are you replying? This obviously isnt directed at you if you feel the same way (that it wouldnt make sense) so what are you actually arguing in here ?

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ok.. you are 1 person.. so why are you replying? This obviously isnt directed at you if you feel the same way (that it wouldnt make sense) so what are you actually arguing in here ?

You quoted me this ain’t your thread:pachaha: my argument was exactly what I said. Your counter argument was some shyt I never said, thinking I was on some Stan Wars shyt

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
You quoted me this ain’t your thread:pachaha: my argument was exactly what I said. Your counter argument was some shyt I never said, thinking I was on some Stan Wars shyt
Because you were making it seem like you were saying it was obvious but it wasnt really obvious for most posters here..

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Because you were making it seem like you were saying it was obvious but it wasnt really obvious for most posters here..

It is obvious if you know hardware. What does storage have to do with game performance, other than asset streaming/loading? You’re a PC breh so if you saw this you shoulda called cap way back when. Idk if you did or not but I literally didn’t see coverage talking about SSD affecting graphical quality. Maybe streaming higher quality assets would be possible, especially with one set of hardware to design for vs all the PC combos, but the SSD being a substantial graphical upgrade is the same pipe dream as popping an NVME in with a 1070 rig and thinking you getting close to a 3080.

Just be happy faster storage is ubiquitous in consoles now so it will be better utilized in the PC scene

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
Remember PS5 “super fast SSD” was supposed to “revolutionize” gaming and offer new worlds not possible on any other platform. Better graphics than even the most powerful PCs. :ohhh:

No more elevator rides :mjlol:

Sony stans, what happened??? Surely by now some of the SSD hype should have shown some results??

There are no elevator rides. I don't know what you're talking about. shyt works.

Negro Caesar

Superstar
Daps
Ps5 users aren’t getting what they signed up for. Bet most next gen games will still be 4K/30 or 1080/60 even when they stop making games cross gen