1 year in, what happened to the PS5 SSD hype?????

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Right I remember when the SSD speeds somehow were so fast it was suppose to potentially dramatically improve graphically quality of the games as well:mjlol::mjlol:
No you don’t remember that at all. I made every last bit of it up. Sony never bragged about their SSD and how that would effect graphics/presentation

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
@MeachTheMonster things were relatively peaceful breh :mjlol:. At least for these last few days. But you had to kick the nest.

Also it’s hilarious @MeachTheMonster couldnt stand not seeing an Xbox game win Arcadium game of the year so he channels his fury into this passive aggressive thread and cherry picked this ssd nonsense. :mjlol:

big-things-small-beginnings.gif

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Edit: NVM. Taking this too serious when y'all just fukking around. :snoop:

Last edited:

Carl Tethers

@mastermind is OVO
Supporter
Daps
Those last-gen games be loading fast on the PS5 SSD :takedat: I'll get back to you when there are current-gen games to speak on :mjcry:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Remember all this
https://www.thecoli.com/threads/ps5...igh-end-pcs-according-to-epic-founder.779403/
PS5 SSD is far ahead of those found in high end PCs according to Epic founder.

Damn, looks like Sony’s gamble on SSDs is really about to pay off for next gen as pretty much all developers are saying that’s what’s going to really shape next gen, not Teraflops.

Cerny told these nikkaz.... :wow:

PS5 is going to be the biggest leap in not just graphics, but game development we've seen since the introduction of the PS2. Microsoft bet it all on Teraflops, foolishly thinking that the PS5's marginal deficiency in that area would make it less appealing to consumers. Sony, instead, bet it on reimagining how we experience games, focusing on quality of life improvements - speed, access, seamless integration of design components - that would make the experience much more revolutionary. The SSD and IO speed of the PS5 >>>>> Xbox Series X teraflops, and everyone - developers and consumers - is beginning to see it. I told people a while ago that Microsoft fukked up by focusing on a derivative bump in graphics processing. It was a shortsighted focus that ignored the market's desire for a disruptive shift in the technology. Prettier graphics, which this demo easily shows the PS5's ability to produce, aren't enough. The access speeds of the PS5 is blowing away developers, and it's going to have the same effect on consumers when they play the games designed around its technology.

It won't because the Xbox Series X SSD drive is way too slow. Why do you think they demoed it on a PS5. You think Epic and Microsoft don't go way way back?
Xbox series X version of games might have elevator rides also known as loading
PS5 SSD isn't being used like a traditional SSD.

Dunno why cats so :mad:

Wont happen until the majority of pc gamers adopt an SSD as fast as the ps5.

And this:mjlol:

Epic Games had to rewrite parts of UE5 to keep up with PS5'S SSD.

John Carmack , Tim sweeny , This linus guy have given the PS5's SSD praise but because it isnt the xbox's ssd ...they all must be wrong :mjtf:

Like even thanks to Sony's SSD there wont be any need of LOD. If you dont know what LOD
Epic Games had to rewrite parts of Unreal Engine to keep up with the PS5's SSD - VG247

“The ability to stream in content at extreme speeds enables developers to create denser and more detailed environments, changing how we think about streaming content. It’s so impactful that we’ve rewritten our core I/O subsystems for Unreal Engine with the PlayStation 5 in mind,” he added.

and there’s much more. Sony stans wild :mjlol: