1 year in, what happened to the PS5 SSD hype?????

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
:picard: nikkas getting personal in here

kelz-washington-r-kelly.gif

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Hey man don’t ask me.

@Rekkapryde @Aveda @Gizmo_Duck @Fatboi1 @GoldenGlove

Told me PS5 unprecedented I/O throughput would set PS5 games well and beyond anything available on other platforms.

PS5 was effectively supposed to have like 2 TB of ram cause the fast SSD and sony’s masterful bottleneck reduction was supposed to make the PS5 SSD perform like ram.

@Rice N Beans even put it in his sig. :wow:

Reality is, that kool aide hasn’t delivered yet. Maybe sony just needs a bit more time :mjlol:

I was looking forwards to seeing it in action, sure, but was otherwise apprehensive in it truly doing something. I don't think there's any point where I was committed to the hype train. It was favorable enough on a HW level to force MS to adopt some SW solution. :mjlol: Nonetheless, both consoles have options to reduce data transfer bottlenecks. :ehh:

But man I had some gems. :wow: Looking back at that thread:

I bet your IQ test shows up as :mjlol:.

Still rings true. :blessed:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I was looking forwards to seeing it in action, sure, but was otherwise apprehensive in it truly doing something. I don't think there's any point where I was committed to the hype train. It was favorable enough on a HW level to force MS to adopt some SW solution. :mjlol: Nonetheless, both consoles have options to reduce data transfer bottlenecks. :ehh:

But man I had some gems. :wow: Looking back at that thread:

Still rings true. :blessed:
Be wrong as fukk and proud of it brehs :wow:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
It wasn’t even about load times.

Sony and their stans claimed the PS5 SSD would allow them to do things no other platform could do. Not even PC was supposed to be able to match the graphics/performance that PS5 was able to put out.

We see how that turned out :mjlol:
I tried to tell them and got hated on for “playing both sides of the fence” and “safe posting”.