1 BTC = $8.2k, it’s up 735% this yr UPDATE 5/19: BTC @ $42k :damn:

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
:jbhmm: When you set a buy order, lets say using Eth. Once you set the order is the value of Eth locked in or does it still fluctuate based on the price of Eth?

Also do exchanges automatically adjust sell orders based on the price of Eth?
no. ETH value and fiat value are separate. If you put in $2000 and get 2 ETH out of that. You will always have 2 ETH no matter what. A breh could come in 2 weeks later and put in $2000 but only get 1.5 ETH if the ETH value has gone up. If you take that 2 ETH to Binance or any other exchange, Binance only knows you're trading with 2 ETH whether 2 ETH is worth $2000 or $1500, it couldn't care less because most coins trade with a BTC/ETH pair, so it's the price of the BTC/ETH that you want to compare to, not the fiat value.

Unless the coin you want has a tether pair

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
no. ETH value and fiat value are separate. If you put in $2000 and get 2 ETH out of that. You will always have 2 ETH no matter what. A breh could come in 2 weeks later and put in $2000 but only get 1.5 ETH if the ETH value has gone up. If you take that 2 ETH to Binance or any other exchange, Binance only knows you're trading with 2 ETH whether 2 ETH is worth $2000 or $1500, it couldn't care less because most coins trade with a BTC/ETH pair, so it's the price of the BTC/ETH that you want to compare to, not the fiat value.

Unless the coin you want has a tether pair

That isn't what I was asking breh.

Ok let's say I buy 2 eth that is worth $2000 and I set a buy order for XLM at .45 using that entire amount of Eth. But the buy order doesn't go through until next week and now my 2 eth is only worth $1500. At which price point will the buy order execute?

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.

Ok let's say I buy 2 eth that is worth $2000 and I set a buy order for XLM at .45 using that entire amount of Eth. But the buy order doesn't go through until next week and now my 2 eth is only worth $1500. At which price point will the buy order execute?
breh this is exactly what you're asking :what:

and again:
Binance only knows you're trading with 2 ETH whether 2 ETH is worth $2000 or $1500, it couldn't care less because most coins trade with a BTC/ETH pair
that ".45" you're talking about is in ETH not USD. So if you set a buy order at a price of .45 ETH for XLM on Sunday while ETH is worth $1000, but the price for XLM never falls to .45 until Friday and ETH is worth $500 then, then when the buy order executes it's worth $500 at that moment and that's what it's worth in the trade, not $1000

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA

The buy order will still execute at .45

Good question:thumbsup:

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
breh this is exactly what you're asking :what:

and again:

that ".45" you're talking about is in ETH not USD. So if you set a buy order at a price of .45 ETH for XLM on Sunday while ETH is worth $1000, but the price for XLM never falls to .45 until Friday and ETH is worth $500 then, then when the buy order executes it's worth $500 at that moment and that's what it's worth in the trade, not $1000

No breh. The .45 in my post is in USD. The eth equivalent would be 0.0004 or something close to it. My question is does a buy order for an alt coin using eth as a pair hold the price of Eth at the time the buy order is set or does the exchange adjust the buy order as the price of Eth fluctuates. So your answer isn't what I'm asking.

Dolla$

Minus the bullsh*t...life's great
Daps
You’re locked in at whatever price you purchased it at the time

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Maybe I am wording my question wrong so let me use pure numbers...

Today I have $2000(2 coins) worth of ethereum and I set a buy order for XLM at $0.45 cents which means
$2000/0.45=4,444 XLM coins

Let's say XLM doesn't reach $0.45 until next week and by that time my 2 coins are now worth $1500 worth of ethereum which means
$1500/0.45=3,333 XLM coins

Will my buy order go through as what I set it at or will the exchange adjust based on the current value of ethereum

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA
Maybe I am wording my question wrong so let me use pure numbers...

Today I have $2000(2 coins) worth of ethereum and I set a buy order for XLM at $0.45 cents which means
$2000/0.45=4,444 XLM coins

Let's say XLM doesn't reach $0.45 until next week and by that time my 2 coins are now worth $1500 worth of ethereum which means
$1500/0.45=3,333 XLM coins

Will my buy order go through as what I set it at or will the exchange adjust based on the current value of ethereum
Breh u set your buy limit, they will not adjust it

You want it at .45, when someone sells it at that price, you get it at that price

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Breh u set your buy limit, they will not adjust it

You want it at .45, when someone sells it at that price, you get it at that price

It's really not the .45 I'm asking about. I get that part. It's the value of my eth. Does it hold at the value it was when I set the buy order?

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA
Important - Results from the Coordinated strike #1

January 24th - Results of first coordinated stress-test in testnet #3

XTRABYTES wants to thank all of the testnet #3 participants for their time and effort. We had a great time meeting many of you, chatting up a storm, and conducting a fantastic testnet. So let’s get right to the details!

Steps taken prior to testnet
An important distinction must be made between our results from January 24th’s coordinated strike and Testnet #2 conducted last year. But before moving forward, let us explain the two options our developers were faced with before commencing the event:

Use the sendmany() command for transactions
Use the tools provided in the testnet wallet for transactions

We wanted to stress-test our network, therefore the sendmany() command was not used. In short, sendmany() creates 1 transaction with however many addresses you insert as total outputs. This process was used in testnet #2. These outputs are still processed by the network as they deliver the specified amounts to the respective addresses, and are perceived as transactions in essence. However, this is effectively just a way to show high numbers without simulating a real-world environment. We have therefore opted to test using the tools instead. These numbers can unfortunately not be compared to testnet #2 as they are completely different. Therefore, we will use both the sendmany() and the tools on our next coordinated stress-test on Saturday, January 27th. Currently, there is a lot of confusion regarding these numbers and differences in transactions, and we hope to be able to give a clear insight on what the actual difference is in a separate article.

Details about the wallet & the old chain

Our current testnet wallet utilizes a lot of the Bitcoin clone code. This code is outdated with a lot of disadvantages, effectively not designed for high throughputs, as we have all witnessed. First, let us address a few basics:

For the testwallet, a PoW factor (mining) was still implemented to have a healthy supply of circulating XBY. Aside from that, the old code was always relying on Proof-of-Work (PoW), these code parts have been removed and have been replaced by the Proof-of-Signature (PoSign) code. This means that no mining or staking process is needed and nodes can sign off on the transactions. Further details will become available with the patent. We are held back by this old code because it has severe limitations, most importantly:

Block creation time: The block creation times in the old code are variable, with a minimum of 60 seconds per block. This value was implemented to prevent e.g. orphan blocks and chain splitting, acting as an additional security measurement.
The old code does not contain the core parts of the code, which are the VITALS and PULSE systems. This means that we are unable to ping the other nodes in the network to sign off on transactions, leading to slow block creations.
All transactions are stored in the wallet.dat file, causing a high amount of disk transactions and fragmentation of the wallet.

Results from testnet

The Bitcoin protocol runs at 2 - 7 transactions/second. By simply changing the code to run off the PoSign algorithm, we were able to increase these numbers to more than double, reaching more than 23 transactions/second, proving that the new algorithm is indeed more efficient than Bitcoin’s. This reassures us that the ability of the technology with all its components can indeed reach the desired tps figure of our marketed 10.000+ transactions/second. Remember that these numbers cannot be compared to our previous testnet, as we used different spamming tools. With this stress-test we have confirmed the limits of this old protocol, and it has provided us with more details to work with.

For our second coordinated strike, we will utilize both tools available, starting with a sendmany(). After finishing round one we will once again use the provided tools to check a more real-life environment.

Closing

Again, we want to send a massive thanks to the XTRABYTES community! We hope you (and your friends and family) will help
us again for our next coordinated testnet event on:

Saturday, January 27th @ 21:00 GMT+0

Best,

The XTRABYTES Team

TLDR :
In the testnet, some node holders were able to pull 12-15 tps, they had i7 core processor. Ones with lower processor were doing approx 6-8 tps.

There was wallet bloat issue where size of the wallet increases dramatically with transactions you do, so after some point the speed was slow than it was in the beginning of testnet.

Since dedpull was saying that if each node did 12 tps and there are 3592 nodes in total, we can easily do around 30k tps. Some with faster processor were doing 30 tps. If they use amazon AWS servers, then it can get even faster.

Points to be noted were, this is a old chain and can not keep up with the speed, the posign was tested successfully and proven in yesterday's test. Wait for results, and it will be a bit low coz some were doing 3 transactions per min due to their hardware and wallet bloat issue but they should be better than last testnet where we received 1k+ tps.

These were some inferences that I got from chats in discord. Pardon me if i misunderstood something :smile:

BIXBY

Pro
Daps
What coins did you buy? How you make 100k so fast

This Chinese dude I work with brought a breh up on Bittrex and Binance... started with half a bitcoin (at that time was 6k)... around mid November he brought me up on Bcash... was $400 att...went with by btc all in on that and it shot up to over $2,000... sold at $1600 back into 2 Bitcoins... BTC went up to $10k early December. My stack was $20k by that time. From there I got into alt-coins... mostly REQ and NEO. Early January I got up to over $120k... Most of my stack was REQ... bought at 0.12... sold at 0.70 ...today I’m down near $80k waiting on this market to recover. Already cashed out my initial plus tax and a lil extra so house money from here ... :obama:

I’m looking at XLM rn and jumped in a little on AXP and FUN.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
So what's new today my friends... Just waiting for my payday tonight and gonna re-up with Some Stellar (XLM), XBY, and ADA... :youngsabo: