Zoe Saldana: There Is No Such Thing As People Of Color

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
You're right about one thing white supremists have already won. lol
Who is getting emothinal me or you? Take your own advice.

White supremacists have won against you. Don't attempt to speak for anyone else.

You already have proudly proclaimed that you have a slave's mentality. :snoop:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
They've definitely won with you. They beat you to the ground. Don't try to bring Zoe down with you. Leave her alone.

If you're on the same planet as me they won with you to. Deny it all you want. The truth is apparent.
And unless Zoe posts here I'm really doing her no damage, calm down.

NubianVitruvian

Retired
Daps
There is no box that black people fit in and we need to stop buying into that hype.

Again, that whole "I don't want to be defined by my skin color" rhetoric is nothing but passive aggressive c00ning.

Comments like those come from people who have bought into the racist ideology of what being black is supposed to mean.

There is no box, yet people who "dont want to be defined by the colour of their skin" fit into the box of "those who have bought into the racist ideology of what being black is supposed to mean"
:snoop::why:

We need to stop buying into that hype :lupe: .......and just start being people

NubianVitruvian

Retired
Daps
If you're on the same planet as me they won with you to. Deny it all you want. The truth is apparent.

No, they didn't "win" with us. I don't see myself as a slave. They might. I don't. And I give the :birdman: face to anyone that assumes that's how I think about myself.

7323726748.jpg

This is how I see myself.

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
Maybe she phrased it wrong. Saying you don't see race is a blatant lie though. Say something like I treat people as individuals or something.

I think the best example of what she is saying is actually big pun

Big pun use to say he doesn't want to be known as a Latino rapper or Puerto Rican rapper, he just wanted to be known as a rapper or the best rapper he said this while still repping PR hard,

That's kinda how interpret Zoe, I don't think she has any problem repping the black race, she just doesn't want to be pigeonhole as a black actress

I can see how people can interpret it a negative way, and maybe she needs to be clearer, but the thing is from the start Zoe has always said she is black and that she is repping black people, she has never said otherwise, she has never done a tiger woods who IMO is a real race traitor

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
No, they didn't "win" with us. I don't see myself as a slave. They might. I don't. And I give the :birdman: face to anyone that assumes that's how I think about myself.

7323726748.jpg

This is how I see myself.

:obama:A fictional comic book character from a fictional place. There is no Wakanda my G only the many countries in Africa you would never dare live.

FreshABM

Dollaz make Sense $$ ABM Commas After My Commas
Daps
Reppin
ABM Headquarters The Flossy Life

Shiggs is ENTITLED to his opinion on this

He isn't the one that started RACISM so he isn't the enemy...

This is the classic coli CAC and c00n spin

The fact still remain that racism and discrimination has a EFFECT on people

thats what it is meant to do....

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Zoe's gets alot of hate, just because she strictly on that :mjpls: policy

But, I'm a BLACK female who loathes the phrases "people of color" and "African American" :wtb:

My mother's Costa Rican (dark skin) and father's Panamanian (light skin) and we all put up our Black power fist proudly :salute:

I also don't have an issue with her playing Nina Simmone :yeshrug:

Just that I don't think her acting skills is that strong to pull oft such a revered legend :comeon:

And, she's way too pretty to be up under all those ugly cac dudes :skip:

Gravity

Banned
Daps
There is no box, yet people who "dont want to be defined by the colour of their skin" fit into the box of "those who have bought into the racist ideology of what being black is supposed to mean"
:snoop::why:

We need to stop buying into that hype :lupe: .......and just start being people
Skin color doesn't put an individual in a box but a specific mentality or perspective does. There is no hypocrisy in what I said at all. Being a person doesn't preclude you from being classified into a racial category. Being black doesn't completely define you as a person but it most certainly is part of your definition. Don't try that slick shyt talking to me.