Zoe Saldana: There Is No Such Thing As People Of Color

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
The problem is that this is a nuanced issue, so when you don't say it as accurately and articulately as possible, it's very, very easy to misinterpret the message. That was the problem here. She didn't really express herself all that well- most people are not going to listen closely and parse out the details.

Even if u say it perfectly people will read into it how they want.

People will take her history, their own racist world views and other convenient components to arrive at predetermined conclusions. If I was her I wouldn't even comment on such matters.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps

Try to insult my credability because you have nothing to say to my statements and cannot say they are untrue...

:russ:

It hurts...I understand.....

You can believe whatever you like..where I live isn't relevant in this convo

But I will say this..I have been in the presence of the REAL Lloyd Banks in southside with the homies...

meanwhile you just look like a Dirty Indian Smelly version of him...:lolbron:

@88m3 You disagree that a Black man is important in raising a Black son??

Also do you mind me asking what race you are??
:heh:@insulting your credibility. You have to have credibility in the first place for it to be insulted. I'm laughing at you and the idiocy you're spewing.

I guess the truth in my words stung you a bit because you instantly resorted to mentioning that you've set foot in a hood before. :clap: You don't talk any of this dumb shyt in real life and you're not taken seriously by anyone and you know it.

You are not the arbiter or litmus test issuer of anyone's blackness, and people are free to forge their own identity regardless of what some bytch ass lame on the internet named "FreshABM" thinks. Now log off and go back to hesitantly giggling when your white friends call you nikka.

Last edited by a moderator:

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

@88m3 You disagree that a Black man is important in raising a Black son??

Also do you mind me asking what race you are??

I'd have a hard time finding a black man who raises his son.

Black men seem to do fine raising themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I agree with her on a pure factual level. If you follow any of our ancestors back far enough we all come from the same place. And we are all just different shades of the same color.

But society doesn't view things on a factual level and we all know what "people of color" means, so the backlash to her statements isn't surprising at all. I don't think it will ever happen, but if society is to ever move passed race we are all gonna have to view things the way she does.

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
I agree with her on a pure factual level. If you follow any of our ancestors back far enough we all come from the same place. And we are all just different shades of the same color.

But society doesn't view things on a factual level and we all know what "people of color" means, so the backlash to her statements isn't surprising at all. I don't think it will ever happen, but if society is to ever move passed race we are all gonna have to view things the way she does.

:leostare: That byatch just is trying hard to not be PIGEONHOLED as another "BLACK FEMALE ACTRESS"...she's been pushing this RACIALLY AMBIGOIUS thing for awhile now...since she landed that lead role in COLUMBIANA...

I don't care how MIXED she can validate herself as being... :comeon:

at the end of the day the CRACKER A$$ ZIONISTS who run Hollywood still will view her a COONMAMA regardless of how EXOTIC or ATTRACTIVE she comes across.....

byatch will be back to doing straight to DVD Urban films with Clifton Powell before she can count UNO DOS TRES QUATRO on her little niglet fingers................... :shaq:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:leostare: That byatch just is trying hard to not be PIGEONHOLED as another "BLACK FEMALE ACTRESS"...she's been pushing this RACIALLY AMBIGOIUS thing for awhile now...since she landed that lead role in COLUMBIANA...

I don't care how MIXED she can validate herself as being... :comeon:

at the end of the day the CRACKER A$$ ZIONISTS who run Hollywood still will view her a COONMAMA regardless of how EXOTIC or ATTRACTIVE she comes across.....

byatch will be back to doing straight to DVD Urban films with Clifton Powell before she can count UNO DOS TRES QUATRO on her little niglet fingers................... :shaq:
This post makes you sound way more c00nish than her statements made her sound:manny:

Reverend Jesse Jackson

Somebody I Am
Daps
So you are a self hating black man since you don't fukk with black women?

You are a hypocrite.

gaze.gif

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
This post makes you sound way more c00nish than her statements made her sound:manny:

Hey man all i'm saying is ZOE like most of these lames trying to supress thier BLACKNESS for capital gain needs a NICCA WAKE UP CALL as Paul Mooney always said......

and it's sure is coming...that TRAIN is never late :ohlawd:

and every succesful black actor, actress,singer, rapper, ballplayer, mogul, clergyman and even politician recieves one just to remind thier BLACKA$$ that whitey stills views them in a subordinate inferior light....

good example...Vanessa Williams the former Miss USA was at a black tie affair in beverly hills, when they were serving wine and hoderves and out of nowhere a random white lady walked up to her and told her to "fetch her a PLATE" like she was the help.... :skip:

:manny: i mean you can deny it all u want but as Cornell West states RACE MATTERS and ALWAYS WILL...................

FreshABM

Dollaz make Sense $$ ABM Commas After My Commas
Daps
Reppin
ABM Headquarters The Flossy Life
:heh:@insulting your credibility. You have to have credibility in the first place for it to be insulted. I'm laughing at you and the idiocy you're spewing.

I guess the truth in my words stung you a bit because you instantly resorted to mentioning that you've set foot in a hood before. :clap: You don't talk any of this dumb shyt in real life and you're not taken seriously by anyone and you know it.

You are not the arbiter or litmus test issuer of anyone's blackness, and people are free to forge their own identity regardless of what some bytch ass lame on the internet named "FreshABM" thinks. Now log off and go back to hesitantly giggling when your white friends call you nikka.

Twist my words all you like

:umad:

The irony of you calling somebody a "lame on the internet" :mindblown:

images

yet we signed up the same month and you have almost 10,000 posts
on the internet.... :leon:

:deadmanny:

:russ:

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
Folks we have seen this rational used before, in different phrases and references by black folks trying to maintain in entertainment. Though I agree with the idea that people are people no matter what, this rational however contributes to the pacification to not only those black folks in entertainment, but also black folks in other fields too

When a successful "black" actor like Zoe could make statements like this, while ignoring the implicit casting rules for black actors, that are not based in the talent of the actors, but are based in the number of black actors that should be cast for a movie, her statements pacifies the established,upcoming,and inspiring black and non-black actors to all be comfortable with that casting rule

FreshABM

Dollaz make Sense $$ ABM Commas After My Commas
Daps
Reppin
ABM Headquarters The Flossy Life
Am I wrong?

keep it 100

I always do

I know alot of black fathers..I actually know some black fathers that basically take care of their child/children alone ..

but I'ma a black man sooo maybe thats a part of the reason

I can't speak for everyone ...

I answered you..but you only answered one part of my question

What race are you?