Zoe Saldana: There Is No Such Thing As People Of Color

Daps
Reppin
NULL
can Michonne from the Walking Dead play Nina Simone?

Michonne2_%28TV_Series%29.jpg

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Your example is non-sequitur, but whatever.

How you feel about yourself and define yourself goes to the core of your decision-making and what type of life will have.

You may be comfortable with letting those who hate you define your identity, but you don't really have the right to tell others they should share that deleterious mentality.

:yeshrug: Again, I don't think I'm better than you. I think you're better than you think yourself to be.
No it wasn't, but as you said whatever.
You should also include how others see you and how you are seen by the world into your decision making to.
The right?! You really on some power trip shyt right now B. Who is going to stop me?! You?! lol
And again I don't believe you so you can stop saying it now.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
You should also include how others see you and how you are seen by the world into your decision making to.

Who said you shouldn't?

The right?! You really on some power trip shyt right now B. Who is going to stop me?! You?! lol
And again I don't believe you so you can stop saying it now.

Whether someone could stop you or not is irrelevant. I don't even know what you're talking about with this power trip shyt.

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
She wants to be Black without being seen as Black or having to acknowledge her racial background. The real world doesn't work this way. She should read "Being and Nothingness" or "The Soul of Black Folks" and grow the hell up.

JahBuhLun

Graphic Alchemist
Daps
Race will always be an issue, no matter what people think. "They want it be one way, but its the other way."

I am a college graduate with multiple degrees, who was at Hallmark Cards Inc. My education and skill set didn't prevent an old white lady coworker from calling me a "sambo" 3 times in 3 months. Do you think I consider myself a "sambo?"

The funny thing is, they forced her to retire but she still gets money, what happened to me? I got laid off. So now Hallmark and I are going to go to mediation in order to sort this out.

Said all of that to say that it doesn't matter how you see yourself because whether you're Chief Keef or the Commander in Chief, you will still be seen as nothing but a n1gger, c00n or sambo to some people. You can't control other people's belief or perception of you.

Rev. Jesse Lee Peterson

I dont have a afro i have a amerifro
Daps
Reppin
B.O.N.D.
zoee saldonna dont pass da papuh bag tess so she a negress to me even dough she prolly a kwadroon.

i think she part messican too so iss pretty confoosin to me. dass why i am agenst missajanayshun. i belee dat da races shood stay seperite. segragashun now segragashun then and segragashun fuhever works betta den all dis communiss librul crap about embrasin davercity.

Gravity

Banned
Daps
There's absolutely nothing wrong with the concept of race in and of itself. The problem with race is the white supremacist ideology that Europeans have applied to the racial classifications. There's no need to reject the concept of race because it's simply a way of classifying people. The white supremacist ideology that Europeans have applied to race is what needs to be rejected. Black people(people of color) who run around kicking that "I don't see color, I don't let racists define me I define myself" bullshyt are nothing but passive aggressive c00ns. First of all they're lying, everybody sees race, you can't ignore it. It's not that they don't see race, it's that they don't want to be asociated with their race. If you notice, the same people on that bullshyt are also white apologists. There's nothing wrong with being defined as black. Unless you actually believe the "black/dark skinned people are inferior to white/light skinned" people hype that whites have perpetuated then why would you have a problem with being defined as black? You c00ns aren't slick. Race is and always has been a major part of a person's definition, especially if you're black. That doesn't mean that being black is the end all be all to who a person is but the concept of race is a fact of life and there's no getting around it. All around the world, people with darker skin are oppressed and taught that they're inferior to people with lighter skin. Darker skinned people who don't want to acknowledge that or want to move past that struggle only perpetuate that racist ideology. The only way to end white/light supremacy is to reject it completely. You can't reject something without being conscious of it. Dark skinned people have to start taking pride in being dark along with embracing all other dark skinned people because we're all united by our dark skin. Again, people like Saldana, Berry, ect. are passive aggressive c00ns. They're only black when it's convenient. They only embrace their blackness when it benefits them or when whites make it clear to them that they aren't white. As long as their being accepted they don't see or acknowledge race and wish that everybody else did the same. They hate being reminded that their black and it's obvious.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
where did all these random KTL posters come from though? of course I like the way some of them think, but they are throwing off the balance.

KingDanz

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There's absolutely nothing wrong with the concept of race in and of itself. The problem with race is the white supremacist ideology that Europeans have applied to the racial classifications. There's no need to reject the concept of race because it's simply a way of classifying people. The white supremacist ideology that Europeans have applied to race is what needs to be rejected. Black people(people of color) who run around kicking that "I don't see color, I don't let racists define me I define myself" bullshyt are nothing but passive aggressive c00ns. First of all they're lying, everybody sees race, you can't ignore it. It's not that they don't see race, it's that they don't want to be asociated with their race. If you notice, the same people on that bullshyt are also white apologists. There's nothing wrong with being defined as black. Unless you actually believe the "black/dark skinned people are inferior to white/light skinned" people hype that whites have perpetuated then why would you have a problem with being defined as black? You c00ns aren't slick. Race is and always has been a major part of a person's definition, especially if you're black. That doesn't mean that being black is the end all be all to who a person is but the concept of race is a fact of life and there's no getting around it. All around the world, people with darker skin are oppressed and taught that they're inferior to people with lighter skin. Darker skinned people who don't want to acknowledge that or want to move past that struggle only perpetuate that racist ideology. The only way to end white/light supremacy is to reject it completely. Dark skinned people have to start taking pride in being dark along with embracing all other dark skinned people because we're all united by our dark skin. Again, people like Saldana, Berry, ect. are passive aggressive c00ns. They're only black when it's convenient. They only embrace their blackness when it benefits them or when whites make it clear to them that they aren't white. As long as their being accepted they don't see or acknowledge race and wish that everybody else did the same. They hate being reminded that their black and it's obvious.

slow-clap-gif.gif

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Who said you shouldn't?

Whether someone could stop you or not is irrelevant. I don't even know what you're talking about with this power trip shyt.

I believe that's the point you were making. Your personal identity trumps all fukk what other people think. I guess you are saying nevermind now?

"I don't have the right", signifies I should be stopped and you seem to be attempting at such, come on. Ketchup you're better than me remember?

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
I believe that's the point you were making. Your personal identity trumps all fukk what other people think. I guess you are saying nevermind now?

:snoop: Nobody said that. I'm saying they're issues that the individual is and should be able to separate. People will hate and be prejudiced, but you don't have to define yourself based upon someone else's prejudice and hate, and if you do do that, it can manifest itself in self-defeating ways. I don't how many different ways it needs to be articulated for you to understand it.

"I don't have the right", signifies I should be stopped and you seem to be to attempting at such, come on. Ketchup you're better than me remember.

No it doesn't. That makes no sense whatsoever.

Guess Who

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I like this thread.

Maybe it's based on my own biases and viewpoints, but I interpreted what she said as she doesn't want what she does to be defined by the colour of her skin--to be put into a box of identity so to speak, based on her skin colour. I think that's a healthy way of being. I also don't think that that viewpoint and being proud of being black necessarily have to exist apart from one another.

Why can't someone be proud of being black, but not want to be defined by it primarily (specifically the negative stereotypes given to us by a racist society that we sometimes feel we need to identify with)?

I find interesting arguments on both sides in this debate...and I'm struggling to find where I stand.

Hmmm...

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
:snoop: Nobody said that. I'm saying they're issues that the individual is and should be able to separate. People will hate and be prejudiced, but you don't have to define yourself based upon someone else's prejudice and hate, and if you do do that, it can manifest itself in self-defeating ways. I don't how many different ways it needs to be articulated for you to understand it.

No it doesn't. That makes no sense whatsoever.
And I'm saying there are issues you can't separate from if you are part of the demographic directly effected by said issue. I understand, I just don't agree. You're playing mind games with yourself to make you feel better about the world/reality.
wow really? what does 'you don't have the right' mean and signify in an action? Please enlighten me.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
And I'm saying there are issues you can't separate from if you are part of the demographic directly effected by said issue.

And I never disagreed with that. The conversation is about one's self-identity because that's what Zoe Saldana was speaking about.

I understand, I just don't agree. You're playing mind games with yourself to make you feel better about the world/reality.

Sure.

wow really? what does 'you don't have the right' mean and signify in an action? Please enlighten me.

It means what it sounds like. You don't have to the right to tell anyone else how they should define themselves or feel about themself in regard to their race. It's pretty self-explanatory.