Zoe Saldana: There Is No Such Thing As People Of Color

NubianVitruvian

Retired
Daps
:obama:A fictional comic book character from a fictional place. There is no Wakanda my G only the many countries in Africa you would never dare live.

It's about what he represents. You have your slave mentality, I have my black King mentality. It's how I deal. I refuse to think of myself or any of us as inherently "lower"

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I think the best example of what she is saying is actually big pun

Big pun use to say he doesn't want to be known as a Latino rapper or Puerto Rican rapper, he just wanted to be known as a rapper or the best rapper he said this while still ripping PR hard,

That's kinda how interpret Zoe, I don't think she has any problem repping the black race, she just doesn't want to be pigeonhole as a black actress

I can see how people can interpret it a negative way, and maybe she needs to be clearer, but the thing is from the start Zoe has always said she is black and that she is repping black people, she has never said otherwise, she has never done a tiger woods which IMO is a real race traitor

You seem to be a fan of hers and know her previous statements. I admit I do not. So I will agree in this instance she needs to be clearer. And yes, I agree about Tiger Woods.

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
2w4gysg.jpg

:mjpls:

:laff:

This bytch just keeps c00nin' it up. I hope she dies in a plane crash or something.

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
So I watched entire flick and this chick :snoop: I get she doesn't like comments about her racial background, thats expected from racial ambiguous people but now she doesnt want to be defined by her sexuality :dwillhuh: Does she just not like inquiries about her life? She's got a lot of growing up to do.

edit: This shyt reminds me of Marvel's recent fiasco with Havok:laugh:
tumblr_inline_mke1acUj1p1qz4rgp.jpg

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
She has come a long way from when she defended her "blackness" to self hating Dominican reporters years ago.

It seriously seems like she is having a mental break down as of late.
she was engaged to be married to some regular nicca but she left dude and though that cac from Hangover was going to wife her up :manny:

Like dude was about to fukk his marketability up to wife up a black a woman and have some kids....:childplease:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
It's about what he represents. You have your slave mentality, I have my black King mentality. It's how I deal. I refuse to think of myself or any of us as inherently "lower"

It's not saying you are lower. It is acknowledging many think of you that way and to move accordingly. And part of that is repping your heritage not saying 'you don't see it'. It's a blatant lie and somewhat insulting.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Its not my fault that you don't know that A BLACK MAN is crucial in raising a BLACK son ....

A extraordinary Black woman CAN do it

clearly your mother was not :jawalrus:

Lol@this dumb crab in the barrel shyt.

Where do these pseudomilitant internet dweebs like this FreshABM guy come from? I know a lot of socially-aware/active hood dudes and nobody talks and acts like this in real life.

I'm positive this guy is some suburban zero who doesn't talk about any if these matters offline at all, has mostly white friends, and he pretends to be Khalid Muhammad Jr. on the internet because he doesn't feel black enough...if he's not a white guy pretending to be black.

NubianVitruvian

Retired
Daps
It's not saying you are lower. It is acknowledging many think of you that way and to move accordingly. And part of that is repping your heritage not saying 'you don't see it'. It's a blatant lie and somewhat insulting.

Okay, now we're getting somewhere. I acknowledge that they don't see me as that. But in a "perfect world" we would all look past that, as much as possible. That's what all this boils down too. Being able to see a person, and their race, but acting on the person, not their race. It's a fine line.

FreshABM

Dollaz make Sense $$ ABM Commas After My Commas
Daps
Reppin
ABM Headquarters The Flossy Life
Zoe's gets alot of hate, just because she strictly on that :mjpls: policy

But, I'm a BLACK female who loathes the phrases "people of color" and "African American" :wtb:

My mother's Costa Rican (dark skin) and father's Panamanian (light skin) and we all put up our Black power fist proudly :salute:

I also don't have an issue with her playing Nina Simmone :yeshrug:

Just that I don't think her acting skills is that strong to pull oft such a revered legend :comeon:

And, she's way too pretty to be up under all those ugly cac dudes :skip:

:wtb:
If you don't want to be defined as African American what would you like to be defined as???

Costa Rican and Panamanian American???

and what of before that??

Love yourself and embrace is...black..african american whatever ..I don't push myself away from the most naturally rich continent of Africa...

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

Where do these pseudomilitant internet dweebs like this FreshABM guy come from? I know a lot of socially-aware/active hood dudes and nobody talks and acts like this in real life.

I'm positive this guy is some suburban zero who doesn't talk about any if these matters offline at all, has mostly white friends, and he pretends to be Khalid Muhammad Jr. on the internet because he doesn't feel black enough.

Positive or wishing?
Do people comment on other's mentalites in real life? Without risking cathing a bad one?! Keep it funky.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Okay, now we're getting somewhere. I acknowledge that they don't see me as that. But in a "perfect world" we would all look past that, as much as possible. That's what all this boils down too. Being able to see a person, and their race, but acting on the person, not their race. It's a fine line.

Are you or anyone on this planet perfect?! Why apply rules to a world that is actually impossible to exist?! I deal with the real world while TRYING to stay true to my deepest idealistic values. Like everyone else I fall short.

FreshABM

Dollaz make Sense $$ ABM Commas After My Commas
Daps
Reppin
ABM Headquarters The Flossy Life

I'm positive this guy is some suburban zero who doesn't talk about any if these matters offline at all, has mostly white friends, and he pretends to be Khalid Muhammad Jr. on the internet because he doesn't feel black enough...if he's not a white guy pretending to be black.

Try to insult my credability because you have nothing to say to my statements and cannot say they are untrue...

:russ:

It hurts...I understand.....

You can believe whatever you like..where I live isn't relevant in this convo

But I will say this..I have been in the presence of the REAL Lloyd Banks in southside with the homies...

meanwhile you just look like a Dirty Indian Smelly version of him...:lolbron:

@88m3 You disagree that a Black man is important in raising a Black son??

Also do you mind me asking what race you are??

Last edited by a moderator:

NubianVitruvian

Retired
Daps
Are you or anyone on this planet perfect?! Why apply rules to a world that is actually impossible to exist?! I deal with the real world while TRYING to stay true to my deepest idealistic values. Like everyone else I fall short.

yup, same here. its the fact that we try. You don't think things will lighten up in 20-40 years?

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
thandie newton>

that said I think you're taking what she said way out proportion