Zoe Saldana: There Is No Such Thing As People Of Color

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Personal identity is great, but it is just that personal.
I'm speaking about your actual identity, what is anyone who has ever known you going to say about you? I'm positive they are going to use a bunch of societal norms in the description. It's just reality my G. Get used to it.
What we're talking about is personal identity. That's what Zoe Saldana was talking about. You think with a slave's mentality, and that's unfortunate.

NubianVitruvian

Retired
Daps
:snoop:

She's not beyond it, no one is. That's my point!

Ahh, I see @VictorVonDoom meant by "mental and spiritual freedom".

Once we in our minds and souls determine our freedom from the system, we are better equipped to defend ourselves against it.

We are coming into a new paradigm in which the black man is actually treated as equals in society. But first we must adopt that attitude and then move into it. This requires alot of self work.

"Don't treat me like a slave nikka because that is NOT what I am. That's what you perceive me as, and I do NOT agree with your perception of me." Is a thought we need to adopt.

This is what lead to that dude getting arrested for drinking that Iced Tea. A smart black man is the scariest thing to racist cacs. White man was in the wrong, he knew it and did what he did. It's :scusthov: that society agrees with him. But where is the outrage from the black community???

It is a matter of perception. It hurts when they hit you and all that. But you still need your dignity and a good lawyer.

She hasn't left the struggle, we have to support our own. Even if that means she dates whites. She is free. To accept otherwise is to keep us down.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
you serious... do you read yahoo, youtube, twitter etc comments?

Why are yall so apologetic..:snoop:

Exactly. That is the first time i've heard someone reference the internet in "defense" of racism somehow being less ubiquitous. :pachaha:

These fukkers are organizing into right wing racist militia's in outrageous numbers!

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
What we're talking about is personal identity. That's what Zoe Saldana was talking about. You think with a slave's mentality, and that's unfortunate.

No one cares about your personal identity. That's what I'm saying.
I'll take that, I am a descendant of slaves. I bet you think you are better than me to.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
No one cares about your personal identity.

The most important person does...yourself. And those close to you who care about you as well. fukk a stranger's prejudice. How you feel about yourself is more important and of greater consequence.

I'll take that, I am a descendant of slaves.

So you're comfortable with a slave's mentality? You want to or think you can start to transcend the mentality of a slave?

I bet you think you are better than me to.
I do not, but I do think you are better than you think yourself to be.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
The most important person does...yourself. And those close to you who care about you do...or they should.

So you're comfortable with a slave's mentality? You want to or think you can start to transcend the mentality of a slave?

I do not, but I do think you are better than you think yourself to be.
Too bad she or you isn't talking to yourself. Not even people who care about you most of the time. If you break the paradigm of what a son means to his own mother. She will let you know you are out of pocket.
No, I just don't care what you think is what I'm really saying. lol
And the last, I just don't believe you. To fix your face to even say I have a slave mentality means you think you better than me. "You're me judge?!" Na, nicca fukk you to.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Too bad she or you isn't talking to yourself. Not even people who care about you most of the time. If you break the paradigm of what a son means to his own mother. She will let you know you are out of pocket.

Your example is non-sequitur, but whatever.

How you feel about yourself and define yourself goes to the core of your decision-making and what type of life will have.

You may be comfortable with letting those who hate you define your identity, but you don't really have the right to tell others they should share that deleterious mentality.

No, I just don't care what you think is what I'm really saying. lol
And the last, I just don't believe you. To fix your face to even say I have a slave mentality means you think you better than me. "You're me judge?!" Na, nicca fukk you to.

:yeshrug: Again, I don't think I'm better than you. I think you're better than you think yourself to be.

FreshABM

Dollaz make Sense $$ ABM Commas After My Commas
Daps
Reppin
ABM Headquarters The Flossy Life
Sad but true. But its about how YOU handle this harsh reality. Life isn't fair. We have to try harder to get the same basic rights as other races. It's messed up. Your a representative of your race wherever you go.

Some nikkas don't care how they are perceived, or how people base thier stereotypes on them, Gucci Mane, Cheef Keef. And thats 100 percent fair, you shouldn't base your perception of a whole race on one person. Even if they are Denzel or Will Smith.

It's about us as a collective. The weakest links in the chain.

Blacks don't have the racial unity other races have, due to slavery. And even with stuff like this, where we won't let our women just be a woman.

We need to change the expectations that we have for our race. Start hitting ratchets with the :beli: fvck is you doing? and Keep it moving by empowering ourselves individually and as a community. But "nikkas hate nikkas and nikkas bad for business." Its a vicious cycle. We're attacked from within and without.

Again it's all about what YOU do to advance the race as an example for blacks, and for people in general.

*steps off soapbox*

Been reading your posts

All I really want to say is..Yes in a fantasy world it would be great to be just a PERSON

and I truly believe thats how black ppl would like it to be

but at the end of the day ZOE is doing a disservice to herself and whoever follows this I don't see color example

Thats not how this world works..NOT because we don't want to ...but because "THEY" see color as a way to keep their power while oppressing ppl

If shes black...she should say she's black WHENEVER and wear it as a badge of honor....

By this no color thing...its like she's not acknowledging RACISM

AS if some black female actress DARKER than her..haven't had doors closed or never opened because of the color of their skin

Yet she on her..I DON'T see no color

its insulting to everyone of our ancestors that paved the way for her

Your never supposed to forget...Yet shyt ain't even done and this bytch is like

Color??? :leon:

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
If you see race as a white person... that doesn't make you a racist. If you notice or identify with a race as a black person, that doesn't make you mr. slave mentality or mean that you're letting others define you.

Your races isn't everything that you are... but it's always a part of who you are because your definition of yourself was framed within the framework of society and your experiences.

This bytch really shouldn't play Nina , speaking like this. Whether you all think it's wrong or not Nina clearly knew she was black, and she knew what that meant. That doesn't mean that she woke up in the morning thinking about some cac.. and that doesn't mean that her race solely defined her - It just means that she wasn't denying reality by claiming that society doesn't help shape and define us in every way possible

You can be proud of your race without having a slave mentality. You can realize racism without being consumed with it. Yall can eat a d1ck and wash it down along with your denial. Truth is, Zoe is the one with the slave mentality. Watch this video but also look at her life and other comments. It's not her fault, but she feels a certain way about her skin and mix ancestry. No one wants to be solely defined by their race, but to run from reality this hard is just gross. :scustnas:

Every person with enough melanin who says"" I don't see race, that shyt can't define me...." gets superficial pats on the back. The fact that we feel the need to give them those, clearly shows that their mentality is merely wishful thinking and not reality.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Zoe Saldana is an extremely naive and simplistic moron. I honestly blame her parents for her stupidity. I love how she feels color less or refuses to acknowledge color in reference to own skin tones, but when it comes time to find a mate it seems the only color she is able to see is cac.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lauryn Hill or Angela Basset would have been way better :obama: That would be like having Faison play Malcolm X :huhldup:

Well there is another person that could play it...there are plenty of black actresses that would qualify. Hell even India Aire..is a huge Nina fan and can embody the vision plus she can sing.

FreshABM

Dollaz make Sense $$ ABM Commas After My Commas
Daps
Reppin
ABM Headquarters The Flossy Life
Zoe Saldana is an extremely naive and simplistic moron. I honestly blame her parents for her stupidity. I love how she feels color less or refuses to acknowledge color in reference to own skin tones, but when it comes time to find a mate it seems the only color she is able to see is cac.

If you see race as a white person... that doesn't make you a racist. If you notice or identify with a race as a black person, that doesn't make you mr. slave mentality or mean that you're letting others define you.

Your races isn't everything that you are... but it's always a part of who you are because your definition of yourself was framed within the framework of society and your experiences.

This bytch really shouldn't play Nina , speaking like this. Whether you all think it's wrong or not Nina clearly knew she was black, and she knew what that meant. That doesn't mean that she woke up in the morning thinking about some cac.. and that doesn't mean that her race solely defined her - It just means that she wasn't denying reality by claiming that society doesn't help shape and define us in every way possible

You can be proud of your race without having a slave mentality. You can realize racism without being consumed with it. Yall can eat a d1ck and wash it down along with your denial. Truth is, Zoe is the one with the slave mentality. Watch this video but also look at her life and other comments. It's not her fault, but she feels a certain way about her skin and mix ancestry. No one wants to be solely defined by their race, but to run from reality this hard is just gross. :scustnas:

Every person with enough melanin who says"" I don't see race, that shyt can't define me...." gets superficial pats on the back. The fact that we feel the need to give them those, clearly shows that their mentality is merely wishful thinking and not reality.

And bros this is how they keep getting over on us.....Some of us know what it is out there

but Some of us would like to live in some fantasy world full of lies and make it however we want it to be......forgetting the past and history...

Zoe is a c00n...I don't give a fucc..it is what it is..if I had a twitter and she did I'd send that bytch something :birdman:

This is the trick "They" use

"Everything is ok out here..Its all fair and equal....Color?? Plz I don't acknowledge those type of things we are all one......."

Thats how they get you to put your guard down

This the type of bullshyt she's listening...You become who you date...especially if your a woman

and like some black ppl who just want to live peacefully she accepts it...We didn't start this I hate white ppl and will judge them solely on the basis of their skin...WHITE PPL brought that to US...... yet she's quick to go to the other side and say she see's no color :russ:

Zoe is no longer with us.......She's the type that a black man would tell her about how he's been discriminated against solely on the color of his skin and she'd probably be giving the :usure: face making every excuse up under that sun to why that couldn't be that case