Zoe Saldana: There Is No Such Thing As People Of Color

NubianVitruvian

Retired
Daps
Dog, there is a cop in your town who hates your fukkin' guts just on how you 'appear'. The moment he decides to violate your civil rights you gonna feel that shyt and be right back in the struggle. Try telling him 'but I hang out with all types of people' when he pulls you over and see how less of a Black person he treats you. lol

yeah I know that. but to hate on others just perpetuates the same problem I'm trapped in but to someone else, elsewhere. Why would I want to be on this stupid cops level? :pacspit:

I'm above that.

I'll hate THAT cop, and I'll have a camera on me. That's my life as a black human. I've accepted that a long time ago.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
yeah I know that. but to hate on others just perpetuates the same problem I'm trapped in but to someone else, elsewhere. Why would I want to be on this stupid cops level? :pacspit:

I'm above that.

I'll hate THAT cop, and I'll have a camera on me. That's my life as a black human. I've accepted that a long time ago.
Oh so you are part of the struggle now? Thanks.
Is that what people are taking her to task for? That she doesn't hate white people or stereotype? I don't think so. Let's stay on topic.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Do they claim Zoe as a black woman in Africa or just America?

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Speak for yourself. No racist cop defines my identity. I prefer psychological and emotional freedom.
I hope not. I hope you don't end up being incarcerated or denied rights due to your ethnic background. Because no matter what you think the reality of your situation may differ due to what someone else thinks.

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
but would you hit?
mysmilie_3788.gif

sure :lolbron:

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
I hope not. I hope you don't end up being incarcerated or denied rights due to your ethnic background. Because no matter what you think the reality of your situation may differ due to what someone else thinks.

It already has happened. But situations arising from other peoples' perception of you =/= identity.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Do people actually think you're black in real life before you tell them your mother is black?

People have thought I was every race under the Sun but white, but most people say they figured I was black mixed with something else after I tell them. When I was in middle school and high school, everybody thought I was Puerto Rican at first for some reason.

NubianVitruvian

Retired
Daps
Oh so you are part of the struggle now? Thanks.
Is that what people are taking her to task for? That she doesn't hate white people or stereotype? I don't think so. Let's stay on topic.

I'm black. I'm apart of w/e blacks go through. We acknowledge that cops would beat my ass for the colour of my skin. I was a part of the struggle since birth, brother. We ALL are.

I just don't like the whole race war thing. If I can keep the peace with anyone, despite the colour of their race, I'm cool. But it's people, cops, racists, etc outside my circle who have a problem with me, or us. Then I have a problem with them. I don't go around picking fights with whites to prove my blackness. My skin is enough breh.

To me, I'm at peace. Until someone bring war to my doorstep, then I meet them with the same animosity they meet me with, within the parameters of the situation. But my goal is always to return to peace.

Again, For some of us its about being people on planet Earth. To others its about blacks vs whites vs asians vs browns.

But don't try to put me on the side of white or blacks or w/e. I'm about peace bruh, what we ALL want, and I'm willing to go to war for it. The enemy changes.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
It already has happened. But situations arising from other peoples' perception of you =/= identity.

To yourself in your head yes. But whatever happened to you in society it can makes you incarcerated, someone with a criminal record, someone who has been arrested, etc. And they all have stereotype/stigmas attached to them.
They may not be true especially to you but being identified as such does place some judgement in most people's psyche when looking at you. That's reality.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
is that so, Mr. "I'm Not Black I'm Cape Verdean", Mr "I don't want to be defined by the color of my skin"
Thats what i said. :manny: Theres a certain look you have to have to be considered "black" and if you have a mix of european(other race)/black features many people around the planet, including those in Africa do not consider you black. N if you're light skinned, theres even less chance most people on the planet will consider you to be black. Even you yourself have said that you dont consider me or VVD to be black men which to me seems like proof, unless, you're just trolling. :manny: