Zoe Saldana: There Is No Such Thing As People Of Color

Juven

All Star
Daps
This pattern of "self-kneegrow" hatred is very prevalent among black Hispanics.

She said what she had to say when the camera was on her but we know she aint fukking with no n!ggas thats for sure :obama3:

but would you hit?
mysmilie_3788.gif

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
They claim you when you dont claim them and dont claim you when they have to compete with you.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
i think she doesnt want her blackness to define her, doesnt mean she hates her skin. maybe just the prejudices and stereotypes that comes with being black? like your black you HAVE to act this way. I grew up the same way. I love being black but ya'll get on like theres club rules. Do as thou wilt

I don't think anyone wants their ethnicity to be THE defining feature. The problem is society does look at her and stereotype her according to appearance like everyone else on the planet. She's just a movie star and gets a stage to say some dumb shyt like, "I don't see race." What are you blind?!

Don't separate yourself from the struggle. It's offensive to those still in it. If she was just some girl in Everyville USA saying this people would not listen or give 2 fukks. We are still being incarcerated and killed at an unfair rate due to ethnic backgrounds. So let's not act like shyt is sweet out here that you can just ignore your background.

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This pattern of "self-kneegrow" hatred is very prevalent among black Hispanics.

She said what she had to say when the camera was on her but we know she aint fukking with no n!ggas thats for sure :obama3:

Isn't she you're type of black woman? fukk outta here.

NubianVitruvian

Retired
Daps
she feels a certain way about her blackness... no doubt, the signs are all there

everything this bytch does screams "im insecure about my black skin!!!!"

Her social patterns emit a demonic vibe, friend. An evil self hating creature.

i dont know Zoe Saldana in real life but she seems just like every black Dominican ive met personally, chases after white bf/gf, looks at white skin as more valuable

typical black Dominican

maybe she hates the stigma that comes with being black? don't we all?

let her date who she wants. she hasn't met every man in the world, who knows if the right one for her is black? and if he wasn't whats it to you? your not making her happy.

you need to see beyond race before you bash someone as self hating. to me, I don't think she cares, I think shes trying to distance herself from the black vs white argument and the stigmatism of being black, the constant fight against stereotypes. You guys take that as self hate.

but its that SAME thing that racism is built on. Some of us are past that. I'm black, I love it, I'm pro-black, but im Pro Humanitarian over that.

I just fight and argue cause maybe I can help ya'll look beyond race and towards a united world view. And its fun :smugbiden:

JahBuhLun

Graphic Alchemist
Daps
It seems like she's trying to make an argument that will only be able to be applied effectively to the notions of religious beliefs and sexual preference, which are things that can't be quantified as soon as you step out the door. What she wants to say is that she is not getting the roles she wants because of her skin color. When she said "people aren't white, they're pink" I realized that she has overestimated the importance of her words in the grand scheme of things. She should just say "I wish everybody was blind so I can be Brad Pitts love interest in mainstream movies."

There will always be race issues, you know why? because there has always been race issues.

TJ Hend

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Ohio
maybe she hates the stigma that comes with being black? don't we all?

let her date who she wants. she hasn't met every man in the world, who knows if the right one for her is black? and if he wasn't whats it to you? your not making her happy.

you need to see beyond race before you bash someone as self hating. to me, I don't think she cares, I think shes trying to distance herself from the black vs white argument and the stigmatism of being black, the constant fight against stereotypes. You guys take that as self hate.

but its that SAME thing that racism is built on. Some of us are past that. I'm black, I love it, I'm pro-black, but im Pro Humanitarian over that.

I just fight and argue cause maybe I can help ya'll look beyond race and towards a united world view. And its fun :smugbiden:

she'll never marry a black person THATS FOR SURE. why? she dont wanna take a step back, why marry a black man when you can have a white man?!?!! a man whose very skin can represent a higher status on the social ladder of this demonic world. in order to feel this way you must view white people as having more value than black people, which is racist and against the MLK dream of racial equality. this bytch is obsessed with white men, for a girl who doesnt see race, she has made it well known that she'll only be touching white males smh

this bytch is a demon!!!!!!

she's anti MLK!!!!!!!!!!
anti Human!!!!!!!!
anti christ!!!!!

NubianVitruvian

Retired
Daps
I don't think anyone wants their ethnicity to be THE defining feature. The problem is society does look at her and stereotype her according to appearance like everyone else on the planet. She's just a movie star and gets a stage to say some dumb shyt like, "I don't see race." What are you blind?!

Don't separate yourself from the struggle. It's offensive to those still in it. If she was just some girl in Everyville USA saying this people would not listen or give 2 fukks. We are still being incarcerated and killed at an unfair race due to ethnic backgrounds. So let's not act like shyt is sweet out here that you can just ignore your background.

I agree we can't ignore our background. Its there. But we have to move past it in a way where it doesn't define and limit us. Because that's exactly how racism works.

Alot of us are caught up in the struggle, but some of us aren't. I'm currently not. But that's cause there are no racist people around me. In my time of peace, I don't need to see race. I have friends of every culture.

It is only until when I am attacked or stereotyped as a black that I defend myself and my race. But for the most part I'm chillin with Filipinos, Whites, Brown folk, etc. I accept that is my blessing and some of ya'll don't have that.

NubianVitruvian

Retired
Daps
she'll never marry a black person THATS FOR SURE. why? she dont wanna take a step back, why marry a black man when you can have a white man! a man whose very skin represents a higher status in the social ladder of this demonic world. in order to feel this way you must view white people as more valuable than black people, which is racist and against the MLK dream of racial equality. this bytch is obsessed with white men, for a girl who doesnt see race, she has made it well known that she'll only be touching white males smh

this bytch is a demon!!!!!!

she's anti MLK!!!!!!!!!!
anti Human!!!!!!!!
anti christ!!!!!

where did you get any of this? the fact that YOU still see race is anti-MLK. You can't speak for her. Please present evidence

for Zoe, you see the future breh? Who's to say I don't bump into her in the future and swoon that?:youngsabo:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I agree we can't ignore our background. Its there. But we have to move past it in a way where it doesn't define and limit us. Because that's exactly how racism works.

Alot of us are caught up in the struggle, but some of us aren't. I'm currently not. But that's cause there are no racist people around me. In my time of peace, I don't need to see race. I have friends of every culture.

It is only until when I am attacked or stereotyped as a black that I defend myself and my race. But for the most part I'm chillin with Filipinos, Whites, Brown folk, etc. I accept that is my blessing and some of ya'll don't have that.

Dog, there is a cop in your town who hates your fukkin' guts just on how you 'appear'. The moment he decides to violate your civil rights you gonna feel that shyt and be right back in the struggle. Try telling him 'but I hang out with all types of people' when he pulls you over and see how less of a Black person he treats you. lol

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
fukk are y'all dissing for? She's exactly right. Racial archetypes
are dumb man-made social construct that no individual has to be beholden to.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Dog, there is a cop in your town who hates your fukkin' guts just on how you 'appear'. The moment he decides to violate your civil rights you gonna feel that shyt and be right back in the struggle. Try telling him 'but I hang out with all types of people' when he pulls you over and see how less of a Black person he treats you. lol

So his identity is defined by racist cops?