Zoe Saldana: There Is No Such Thing As People Of Color

NubianVitruvian

Retired
Daps
The problem is that this is a nuanced issue, so when you don't say it as accurately and articulately as possible, it's very, very easy to misinterpret the message. That was the problem here. She didn't really express herself all that well- most people are not going to listen closely and parse out the details.

I agree. It further leads them to polarize the issue when to the enlightened they already have moved on. The ignorant are often the loudest as they try to cram more into their categories and boxes. But life is constantly moving forward. In the next 20-40 years I think more people, especially the younger generation will care less and less about race. And racism will literally die out with the older generations.

This is happening exponentially faster due to the Internet, twitter, etc. Kids today see the world like :mindblown: what are ya'll older heads arguing about?

We alive and well :dj2: from what I see in the Western world at least.

But yeah, we choose to see people of color and not just people. A Lot of our identities are held up in our race, not our individual selves. But after years of discrimination I can't blame some people for they way they feel.

KingDanz

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree. It further leads them to polarize the issue when to the enlightened they already have moved on. The ignorant are often the loudest as they try to cram more into their categories and boxes. But life is constantly moving forward. In the next 20-40 years I think more people, especially the younger generation will care less and less about race. And racism will literally die out with the older generations.

This is happening exponentially faster due to the Internet, twitter, etc. Kids today see the world like :mindblown: what are ya'll older heads arguing about?

We alive and well :dj2: from what I see in the Western world at least.

But yeah, we choose to see people of color and not just people. A Lot of our identities are held up in our race, not our individual selves. But after years of discrimination I can't blame some people for they way they feel.

you serious... do you read yahoo, youtube, twitter etc comments?

Why are yall so apologetic..:snoop:

TJ Hend

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Ohio
]I think she's trying to say she doesn't see race. She doesn't wake up thinking "I'm black, fvck cacs". She just sees people as people.

I am a soul born into a negro body, but my soul and mind doesn't let my skin define the entirety of who I am. We see how others define the life of a negro male. My soul lives to make it own definition of life. It just happens to be in a negro body. I'm cool with that.

this bytch dont think like that

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
Also I see her point about the gender wars being the real issue. As a woman and her profession she can dismiss the issues if race since woman on film are portrayed in almost the same way. She is one of the few who has broken out of the mold about worrying about a male co star. But I think that has blinded her to issues of race which a lot of ignorant people subscribe to and though I understand her frustration she is in a rare position to have some influence on the issue. She prob does not care and that is a shame. Also if she cares about gender issues why does not speak out about or at least produce some films for ladies.

TJ Hend

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Ohio
What makes you say that? I haven't gotten a chance to check the video yet.

she feels a certain way about her blackness... no doubt, the signs are all there

everything this bytch does screams "im insecure about my black skin!!!!"

Her social patterns emit a demonic vibe, friend. An evil self hating creature.

i dont know Zoe Saldana in real life but she seems just like every black Dominican ive met personally, chases after white bf/gf, looks at white skin as more valuable

typical black Dominican

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
This pattern of "self-kneegrow" hatred is very prevalent among black Hispanics.

She said what she had to say when the camera was on her but we know she aint fukking with no n!ggas thats for sure :obama3:
So you are a self hating black man since you don't fukk with black women?

You are a hypocrite.

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
she feels a certain way about her blackness... no doubt, the signs are all there

everything this bytch does screams "im insecure about my black skin!!!!"

Her social patterns emit a demonic vibe, friend. An evil self hating creature.

i dont know Zoe Saldana in real life but she seems just like every black Dominican ive met personally, chases after white bf/gf, looks at white skin as more valuable

typical black Dominican
:what:

Shut the fukk up.

NubianVitruvian

Retired
Daps
i think she doesnt want her blackness to define her, doesnt mean she hates her skin. maybe just the prejudices and stereotypes that comes with being black? like your black you HAVE to act this way. I grew up the same way. I love being black but ya'll get on like theres club rules. Do as thou wilt