Zoe Saldana: There Is No Such Thing As People Of Color

NubianVitruvian

Retired
Daps

See, right now you're suffering from the same problem as Zoe. Very poor articulation of what you're trying to get across. Separating yourself from stereotypes has nothing to do with downplaying the fact that there are racial issues that need to be dealt with.

Your last string of posts comes across as, "yeah I know there are racial problems, but they don't effect me and I'm in a privileged position and I'm past all that so let's just all kumbaya and stop talking about race and start talking about people's characters despite all the problems in society directly tied to race and gender." :childplease:

No, I can't rock with you on this at all. You had a spark when you started, and now you're just venturing into that "let me be mute on the issue" territory. I don't embrace any stereotypes, but most of my pro bono work entails helping poor people who are predominantly people of color and wouldn't get a fair shake without someone representing them. Acknowledging racial issues doesn't mean you're consumed with it. You're going too far.

It's other people that make race a problem. Racism comes from not being about to deal with the other

It's a tough issue. The productive conversation would be, how do we get our neighbors to treat us as equals or how do we improve ourselves as a race, theoretically and practically or how do we proactively and possitively deal with these race issues. It's a two way street, but how do we do our part individually, as a community, etc. But that is a thread in and of itself.

FreshABM

Dollaz make Sense $$ ABM Commas After My Commas
Daps
Reppin
ABM Headquarters The Flossy Life

See, right now you're suffering from the same problem as Zoe. Very poor articulation of what you're trying to get across. Separating yourself from stereotypes has nothing to do with downplaying the fact that there are racial issues that need to be dealt with.

Your last string of posts comes across as, "yeah I know there are racial problems, but they don't effect me and I'm in a privileged position and I'm past all that so let's just all kumbaya and stop talking about race and start talking about people's characters despite all the problems in society directly tied to race and gender." :childplease:

No, I can't rock with you on this at all. You had a spark when you started, and now you're just venturing into that "let me be mute on the issue" territory. I don't embrace any stereotypes, but most of my pro bono work entails helping poor people who are predominantly people of color and wouldn't get a fair shake without someone representing them. Acknowledging racial issues doesn't mean you're consumed with it. You're going too far.
:whew: :salute:
It's a common tactic of trying to prove to others implicitly or explicitly, that you are different and that you are not a typical stereotype of your race. Similar tactic is used in situations dealing with a person's sex, occupation, political party, wealth, sexual orientation and religion. The tactic calls for me to minimize the common stereotypes in order to avoid enacting "predictable" behavior that will result in others dismissing/categorizing me

So with black folks a common stereotype is that we are too concern with race and are naturally very tribal. So many of us will minimize that common stereotype by describing racial identity as being somewhat trivial

The problem with this approach is that without a solid foundation of who I am and if I cannot identify the innate problems I face, I will be susceptible to being condition to view whiteness as a litmus test for beauty, intelligence, courage, quality leadership, wealth etc...also...

-I will depend on others to defind who I am and what is my usual behavior in differnt situations
-I will unknowingly participate in the undermining and muffling of actions and discussions that attempt to further address racial inequalities because I don't want to seem like I'm playing the race card, so I won't partiticpate
-I will often identify my racial identity in slashes.....I'm Irish/Indian/Korean/Afro-American
-I will distance my self from any person talking too much "black pride" BS
-I will rationalize my good relationship with my white friends as a reason why we are a post racial society
-I will minimize the impact race plays in the hiring practices, casting for movie roles, lack of resources in certain communities, wealth distribution, and quality education, even though there are clear differences along racial lines with folks having similar attributes(education,talent etc)

Then I have kids, the process repeats. But I will compliment soceity's conditioning of my kids, by reinforcing why racial identity is trivial
:whew: :whew:

:salute:
I define myself as BLACK with no epitet :myman:

Very basic and thats understandable to me...but black ppl origins are in Africa this is where they stole us from.........Its not offensive to me..and I don't feel like its anything to be ashamed of... :myman:
Goddamn this dude is such a cornball. :heh: He types and thinks like a 14 year old mulatto girl acting out because her black father just left..

You replying to comments not even addressed to you...You really on some stalker shyt now..I hurt your feelings that bad?? :russ: I understand not having a BLACK MAN raise you got you lost and turned you into the diluted piece of shyt currently stalking me ..its ok...don't blame me for who your mother chose to lay with......get off my dikk...go play somewhere I'm busy having a convo with adults.....

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
:ohhh:

:mindblown:

:salute:

@jayshiggs I hope you don't take that Von doom character seriously..

He might have a black mother....but clearly as you can see in Zoe you can be black and LOST

Plus...Sometimes it takes a Black MAN to teach a black son...only so much your mother can help you understand being that she's a woman...

:wtf:

:mindblown: I totally didn't see this post coming

Last edited by a moderator:

FreshABM

Daps
Reppin
:wtf:

:mindblown: I totally didn't see this post coming

another dumb motherfucca posting something with no response in it....why didn't you see that post coming...what a white man raised you??? You have to take a HOUR to figure some type of response?? You don't know a black man is important in raising a black son....c00n Serious...fucc outta here..stop quoting me if your not intelligent enough to form a opinion behind your response... a 9 year old could of typed what your corny ass did

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Lol@this dumb crab in the barrel shyt.

Where do these pseudomilitant internet dweebs like this FreshABM guy come from? I know a lot of socially-aware/active hood dudes and nobody talks and acts like this in real life.

I'm positive this guy is some suburban zero who doesn't talk about any if these matters offline at all, has mostly white friends, and he pretends to be Khalid Muhammad Jr. on the internet because he doesn't feel black enough...if he's not a white guy pretending to be black.

2 months later I'm still waiting for this cat to drop stamps from his passport, of all the places he's been...

p.s. fam, my 3rd passport is on the way :heh:

FreshABM

Daps
Reppin
2 months later I'm still waiting for this cat to drop stamps from his passport, of all the places he's been...

p.s. fam, my 3rd passport is on the way :heh:

OOO is that why your on my dikk???

Figures thats why you would be stalking me

waiting 2 months for another mans passport pics :ohhh:

:wrist:

You know I was going to post those pics ...then I thought to myself

Why am I posting pics to prove something to some online clown??

Like who does that?? Nerd ass nikkas ..in which the INTERNET is their life...

you have to be some sort of lame to think your the only one with a passport

Maybe to you and your family it is...shyt probably rough

I've been traveling with my fam since I was a baby sooo when you talk of a passport as if its a million dollars

I'm looking at you like the corny ass motherfucca you truly are....

Yeah your right Serious is the only person with a passport and thats ever left the county

:shaq2:

can son be anymore of a lame...

FreshABM

Daps
Reppin
cool story bro....

Exactly stalking me over passport pics like the lame you are

Glad you finally understand how much of a corny motherfucca you look like :ufdup:

you've had me on your mind for 2 months :wtf:

My shorty don't even have that kind of patience..

You doing better than a woman :blessed:

:wrist::wrist::wrist::queen:

FreshABM

Daps
Reppin
nikka came in here...Dapped my posts......(FAN)

Said he didn't see 1 of my posts coming...WITH NO EXPLANATION WHY

and then proceeded to stalk me for passport pics he asked me for over 2 months ago
wrist.gif
wrist.gif

but that isn't how his memory works...

I am officially one of the coolest motherfuccas on the coli with all these corny motherfuccas circling around...ol pen protector ass dweebs...

Get a life

O and if I remember right...the convo started from my avi.. @Serious you go find a picture of any beach in NY that has water as light green as my avi..Since if I remember correctly ya'll was saying thats a NY beach...I'll return your favor by waiting atleast 2months for it

nikka came in here..fucced up the main POINT of the thread to stalk me for passport pics...This mothafuccin homo

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
mos def, it aint hard to tell the real from the fake...

I've probably done more in the first few months of this year than you'll ever do in life :heh:

just stay in your lane breh projecting unicelled arguments, trying to deflect from the scene.

Stop trying to act like you didn't already shift the focus of this thread, by bringing up that dumbass statement about "only black men" can raise a "black men".

Please enlighten the masses to how that pertains to zoe saldana situation?

It's nothing to an individual living a certain lifestyle to floss. But as I predicated the :troll: in you runs for cover...

Prove me wrong then....

It only takes two seconds. I literally dropped my pictures within 5 minutes..

Then you disappeared like I expected and predicated :heh:

It's to remember a belligerent, grammatically challenged idiot who types in green.....

FreshABM

Daps
Reppin
Yeah like this clown knows what my life is like

I do things you could NEVER...please believe that

for example..you ever made 20g's in one night?????

You probably won't believe it right??

If any poster on the coli are from brooklyn...Summertime is coming up...we can link and nikkas can really see what my life like ..if they can handle it....just no complaining and no getting scared of all the black ppl around you

I said "ONLY black man can raise a black son"???

Please find that quote dikkhead..I won't lie I thought it was only CAC's on the Coli who twisted words...a supposed black man twisting another black man words to downplay the BLACK MAN.. :russ:

your a fuccing c00n so your right you probably did do more c00n shyt in a couple of months than I will in the year...You can have that

c00n

Yes I type in green...I like the color green..is that a problem for you HOMO??? Why does that have soo much of a effect in your life :wrist:

I don't understand why me, typing in green is soo important for you...:wrist:

and once again you STALKING me over passport pics...:wrist:

Get off my dikk.....I don't give a fucc what you think

Isn't that clear??? Once again in your rough ass life..a passport is probably like 400 pounds of gold for you

In my life ..the Majority of my fam has passports....Its the regular..I've had one since a baby like I said previously ..I just don't think much of you to put a pic up..I could careless what you think..your a lame...

post a pic of your saving's account with a milly in there...than you'll have me impressed

c00n

If anybody wants to see what a dose of ether does...check my original post referencing @VictorVonDoom ..son so hurt he been on my dikk making up shyt ..responding to me when I'm not even talking to him :russ:

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
I looked at a thread in the booth a little while ago and this green-typing fakkit is there with the same type of sassy, neck-rolling essays calling everyone "c00ns." :heh:

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Why are we all c00ns?

Where are you going with this breh?