Daps
Reppin
Arrakis

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Yeah that's fine, I don't co sign but I'm not tripping on it either because I can't really cosign people that do "see race"

Just fyi, eve was saying the same sort of thing the other day

Eve on interracial dating: ‘Black men have been doing it for years’ | theGrio

Cosign?! Most people can tell a white person from a Black person from an Asian person etc. This fake blindness serves what purpose?!

And she says she is colorblind and wants her kids to be such and then sights many an example where she isn't exactly colorblind,noticing who is and isn't dating outside their ethnic background. It's phony rhetoric that is completely unnecessary.

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
Cosign?! Most people can tell a white person from a Black person from an Asian person etc. This fake blindness serves what purpose?!

And she says she is colorblind and wants her kids to be such and then sights many an example where she isn't exactly colorblind,noticing who is and isn't dating outside their ethnic background. It's phony rhetoric that is completely unnecessary.

Well i just don't see it as a race betrayel, I'm not exactly cosigning what they say, I just dont think its that serious, when eve or Zoe start saying they aren't black that is when I would start tripping

The purpose of such a view is to reduce racism I guess

But realistically this whole thing of seeing race in everything is not really where the culture is headed to and I don't think that seeing race in everything is healthy either

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Well i just don't see it as a race betrayel, I'm not exactly cosigning what they say, I just dont think its that serious, when eve or Zoe start saying they aren't black that is when I would start tripping

The purpose of such a view is to reduce racism I guess

But realistically this whole thing of seeing race in everything is not really where the culture is headed to and I don't think that seeing race in everything is healthy either

I'm saying it is an obvious lie that serves little to no purpose. And it is a betrayal of the fight for racial equality. We're not their yet as a society here in America and worldwide. Throwing up your hands and saying I'm done with it, let's those not interested in racial equality prosper IMO. You have to fight racists attitudes and systems not act like you are done with and above them. None of us are.
Not acknowledging race in the fight for racial equality is dumb. Can you stop sex/gender bias by saying I can't tell the difference between a man or woman? Of course not, you have to acknowledge the differences to then strike at the imbalances in the treatment of the oppressed.

TrifeGod

Chasing The Dragon
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
lol at people tryna drop a gem and still using terms like negro and black

lol just funny to me...i rather use the actual term thst actually describes the chemical that gives the appearance of brown that actually is in us :mjpls:

JahBuhLun

Graphic Alchemist
Daps
lol at people tryna drop a gem and still using terms like negro and black

lol just funny to me...i rather use the actual term thst actually describes the chemical that gives the appearance of brown that actually is in us :mjpls:

melanin.

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
I'm saying it is an obvious lie that serves little to no purpose. And it is a betrayal of the fight for racial equality. We're not their yet as a society here in America and worldwide. Throwing up your hands and saying I'm done with it, let's those not interested in racial equality prosper IMO. You have to fight racists attitudes and systems not act like you are done with and above them. None of us are.
Not acknowledging race in the fight for racial equality is dumb. Can you stop sex/gender bias by saying I can't tell the difference between a man or woman? Of course not, you have to acknowledge the differences to then strike at the imbalances in the treatment of the oppressed.

:salute:

It's a common tactic of trying to prove to others implicitly or explicitly, that you are different and that you are not a typical stereotype of your race. Similar tactic is used in situations dealing with a person's sex, occupation, political party, wealth, sexual orientation and religion. The tactic calls for me to minimize the common stereotypes in order to avoid enacting "predictable" behavior that will result in others dismissing/categorizing me

So with black folks a common stereotype is that we are too concern with race and are naturally very tribal. So many of us will minimize that common stereotype by describing racial identity as being somewhat trivial

The problem with this approach is that without a solid foundation of who I am and if I cannot identify the innate problems I face, I will be susceptible to being condition to view whiteness as a litmus test for beauty, intelligence, courage, quality leadership, wealth etc...also...

-I will depend on others to defind who I am and what is my usual behavior in differnt situations
-I will unknowingly participate in the undermining and muffling of actions and discussions that attempt to further address racial inequalities because I don't want to seem like I'm playing the race card, so I won't partiticpate
-I will often identify my racial identity in slashes.....I'm Irish/Indian/Korean/Afro-American
-I will distance my self from any person talking too much "black pride" BS
-I will rationalize my good relationship with my white friends as a reason why we are a post racial society
-I will minimize the impact race plays in the hiring practices, casting for movie roles, lack of resources in certain communities, wealth distribution, and quality education, even though there are clear differences along racial lines with folks having similar attributes(education,talent etc)

Then I have kids, the process repeats. But I will compliment soceity's conditioning of my kids, by reinforcing why racial identity is trivial

JahBuhLun

Graphic Alchemist
Daps
:salute:

It's a common tactic of trying to prove to others implicitly or explicitly, that you are different and that you are not a typical stereotype of your race. Similar tactic is used in situations dealing with a person's sex, occupation, political party, wealth, sexual orientation and religion. The tactic calls for me to minimize the common stereotypes in order to avoid enacting "predictable" behavior that will result in others dismissing/categorizing me

So with black folks a common stereotype is that we are too concern with race and are naturally very tribal. So many of us will minimize that common stereotype by describing racial identity as being somewhat trivial

The problem with this approach is that without a solid foundation of who I am and if I cannot identify the innate problems I face, I will be susceptible to being condition to view whiteness as a litmus test for beauty, intelligence, courage, quality leadership, wealth etc...also...

-I will depend on others to defind who I am and what is my usual behavior in differnt situations
-I will unknowingly participate in the undermining and muffling of actions and discussions that attempt to further address racial inequalities because I don't want to seem like I'm playing the race card, so I won't partiticpate
-I will often identify my racial identity in slashes.....I'm Irish/Indian/Korean/Afro-American
-I will distance my self from any person talking too much "black pride" BS
-I will rationalize my good relationship with my white friends as a reason why we are a post racial society
-I will minimize the impact race plays in the hiring practices, casting for movie roles, lack of resources in certain communities, wealth distribution, and quality education, even though there are clear differences along racial lines with folks having similar attributes(education,talent etc)

Then I have kids, the process repeats. But I will compliment soceity's conditioning of my kids, by reinforcing why racial identity is trivial

This post is soaked in truth.

bewitched

Pro
Daps
Zoe needs to adjust her mentality on race because at the end of the day, people will continue to judge you based on your skin color. Race and skin color correlates to the many social issues we face today in society and people that are affected by them are part of a particular spectrum, that is a majority of people of color. She as a Hollywood actress is an outlier of the struggle that colored people face everyday, that does not mean that she can ever run from the stigma of stereotypes that are placed upon her as a colored woman. Therefore not identify herself proudly as a black woman or colored woman reinforces the negative aspect that prejudiced people have towards black/colored people.

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
at the end of the day the CRACKER A$$ ZIONISTS who run Hollywood still will view her a COONMAMA regardless of how EXOTIC or ATTRACTIVE she comes across.....

byatch will be back to doing straight to DVD Urban films with Clifton Powell before she can count UNO DOS TRES QUATRO on her little niglet fingers................... :shaq:

Its so awesome that we have a forum called Higher Learning.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
maybe she hates the stigma that comes with being black? don't we all?

let her date who she wants. she hasn't met every man in the world, who knows if the right one for her is black? and if he wasn't whats it to you? your not making her happy.

you need to see beyond race before you bash someone as self hating. to me, I don't think she cares, I think shes trying to distance herself from the black vs white argument and the stigmatism of being black, the constant fight against stereotypes. You guys take that as self hate.

but its that SAME thing that racism is built on. Some of us are past that. I'm black, I love it, I'm pro-black, but im Pro Humanitarian over that.

I just fight and argue cause maybe I can help ya'll look beyond race and towards a united world view. And its fun :smugbiden:

See, right now you're suffering from the same problem as Zoe. Very poor articulation of what you're trying to get across. Separating yourself from stereotypes has nothing to do with downplaying the fact that there are racial issues that need to be dealt with.

Your last string of posts comes across as, "yeah I know there are racial problems, but they don't effect me and I'm in a privileged position and I'm past all that so let's just all kumbaya and stop talking about race and start talking about people's characters despite all the problems in society directly tied to race and gender." :childplease:

No, I can't rock with you on this at all. You had a spark when you started, and now you're just venturing into that "let me be mute on the issue" territory. I don't embrace any stereotypes, but most of my pro bono work entails helping poor people who are predominantly people of color and wouldn't get a fair shake without someone representing them. Acknowledging racial issues doesn't mean you're consumed with it. You're going too far.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Zoe's gets alot of hate, just because she strictly on that :mjpls: policy

But, I'm a BLACK female who loathes the phrases "people of color" and "African American" :wtb:

My mother's Costa Rican (dark skin) and father's Panamanian (light skin) and we all put up our Black power fist proudly :salute:

I also don't have an issue with her playing Nina Simmone :yeshrug:

Just that I don't think her acting skills is that strong to pull oft such a revered legend :comeon:

And, she's way too pretty to be up under all those ugly cac dudes :skip:

Wait, you're a female :beli:

Why you out there in the Booth talking like a 45 year old man. :pachaha:

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
--I will often identify my racial identity in slashes.....I'm Irish/Indian/Korean/Afro-American
-

:umad: man U ARE SO RIGHT!!!!.......

my ex-fiance tried this shyt with my mother when i first introduced her to my mom

my mother asked her a question..and to my ex's defense i think it was a loaded question...because my mother didn't like her from the start ...

"So it's obvious your mixed..what are you?"

so my ex just runs off a random hodgepodge of every damn ethnic group on the planet that she claims to be apart of i.e (brazillian, irish, native american etc.)

then i watch my mother SHUT THIS BYATCH DOWN with one statement.. :pachaha:

"CUT THE CRAP...YOU'RE BLACK" :shaq2:

you should have seen the look on her piss colored face when my mother just brought her to the harsh reality that at the end of the day NO MATTER HOW EXOTIC OR UNIQUE SHE THOUGHT SHE WAS.....

AT THE END OF THE DAY.............SHE STILL A N1GGER...in this Western Judeo Christian Society...