Zoe Kravitz: " I've recently begun to identify more with my blackness"

HideoKojima

DOOM, all capitals, no trick spellin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Georgia, Home of the trillest
She was saying she didn't like Tyler perry movies because that is what is pushed as black culture. If you read further she says she say that black culture is far more than that.

:ehh: good for her
I think people are not getting that part. A lot of white people think we actually act like that. Black representation is necessary when you're only represent 13% of the population. Most people go their whole lives with only seeing 20 or so black people.

Citi Trends

aka milobased
Daps
Reppin
C.I.T.I
You guys always talk about how "c00ns" are going to get their 'wake up call' because you personally dont approve of their opinion or something else about them...

Here we have an example of a AA woman literally getting her wake up call. She strongly identified with white American culture because of where and how she was raised and after experiencing cacism in Hollywood literally woke up and began identifying with AA culture and its rich history. Correct me if im wrong but that means you won. You were right. And now shes on her path to self discovery. Good right?

Well, apparently not. Because a significant percentage of the responses in this thread is undermining her point because she wasn't always 'woke'.

"Shes just mad she didn't get the role in Batman".

You sit around hoping for 'c00ns' and 'bedwenches' to get their wake up call so they can finally learn the truth but dont support them when they finally do?

A lot of yall are just mad to be mad.

we laugh at people for getting wake up calls because they're c00ning doesn't pay off and they come groveling back.
you dont hope for a wake up call like a sick puppy waiting for their master to come back home so they will love you again. why the hell would you ever want someone in your corner whose only there because the other team told them no?
you should identify with your blackness because you have a genuine thirst for it, not because whites dont want you anymore and you need somewhere to fall back
it's going to take alot more than a tribe called quest and sidney poitier movies to back a grown ass woman who only stopped identifying as white because a white person told her she was urban

no, what am i saying nikkas love mixed women, she'll be one of us by next wednesday

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
She was saying she didn't like Tyler perry movies because that is what is pushed as black culture. If you read further she says she say that black culture is far more than that.

:ehh: good for her
Exactly. But why read, when they're just itching to call someone a c00n?

:francis:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Seems like she's someone who's just starting to identify herself a little and that's fine.

I do think the fact that she's naming specific producers in major films who didnt cast her as a bit interesting. Some would say she's learning from that the obstacles she has to overcome as being black even if people think her being half-black "isnt enough" or some dumb shyt...or she's really bitter about not getting parts and wants now get on her social awareness about Hollywood. But who's to say really?

mr.africa

Veteran
Daps
The key statement was when she said..

"I identified with white culture and I WANTED TO FIT IN".....

I guess that N1GGER WAKE UP CALL came in HIGH DEFINITION :russ:

Along with the fact that White Hollywood would never take her seriously as she would be regulated to just STEROTYPICAL ROLES or the lone TOKEN I.e STACEY DASH

WELCOME BACK HOME

You will always have home on the "DARKSIDE"

:lolbron:

......WE ALWAYS WILL ACCEPT AND LOVE YOU when YOUR "WHITE FRIENDS" show thier True Colors
:pachaha:this man said 'wake up call came in HD'
i'm done:deadmanny::deadmanny:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Hilarious Misadventures of the Tragic Mulatto.

No, but seriously, she's not black. She's mulatto, so it would make sense for her to identify with her white side. Theres nothing wrong with that. There is, however, something wrong with boiling down black culture to Tyler Perry, and hiphop. Shame on her for that ignorant quote.
There is NO such thing as a "white side" or "Black side"...:mjlol: