Yvette carnell believes nicole hannah jones stole ados playbook and is now benefiting off it

saturn7

Politics is an EXCHANGE!!!
Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman
I admit Yvette and Tone look overly sensitive and lack diplomacy on Twitter. lol
But they get defensive or aggressive because a lot of black media folks will talk about Reparations or a Black Agenda but are not serious about the fight.

Oprah Winfrey, Nikole Hannah-Jones, Lionsgate to Adapt NYT’s 1619 Project For Film and TV
Oprah Winfrey, Nikole Hannah-Jones Adapt 1619 Project For Film, TV

Ida Bae about to come up but we don't need no more documentaries. We need more advocates.

DLaren

Banned
Daps
It feels like one of these 'black-gate-keepers' are going to get us a Reparations package on the table and the #ADOS movement is going to sabotage it because they aren't going to get the credit.

I applaud #ADOS for re-igniting the conversation, but they don't have the horsepower to get this thing across the finish-line; their movement peaked back in February, then they started fighting Tariq.

The 'black academics' have taken the baton -- lets see what they do with it.

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
If reparations are the goal then why does Yvette and Tone want to be the face of it so bad? Why should that matter beyond clout and $? All they do is beat up on people who are down for the cause but not down with them. It’s corny and not constructive. Glad the current climate and movement has little to do with those clowns, which I’m sure has them peeved due to how much they beg for attention.

Because people who hijack and become faces of movements without doing the leg work get bought off

Ferguson protests launched Black lives matter which is whole weirdo cult of fruits and misandrist scamners that hate Black men

TRY GOD

BOTH SIDES.
Daps
Reppin
GOD
NHJ is a black feminist clout chaser. The 1619 project was clearly a jack move.

NHJ acts like she's the end all be all in interviews, but you can tell she's down for the white man's agenda whatever it may be.

Black Sinatra

Raised Glass to the Squandered Potentials..
Daps
Reppin
DSGB
If reparations are the goal then why does Yvette and Tone want to be the face of it so bad? Why should that matter beyond clout and $? All they do is beat up on people who are down for the cause but not down with them. It’s corny and not constructive. Glad the current climate and movement has little to do with those clowns, which I’m sure has them peeved due to how much they beg for attention.
It is extremely valuable to have researchers and creators of a movement to advocate it. The rebittal, argumentation, and pre-emptive counter points are built in its creation. Time and repetition of lecture is formidable as a proponent for a subject. Some things need substance and not a face. Yvette and Tone are substantive.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
I admit Yvette and Tone look overly sensitive and lack diplomacy on Twitter. lol
But they get defensive or aggressive because a lot of black media folks will talk about Reparations or a Black Agenda but are not serious about the fight.

Oprah Winfrey, Nikole Hannah-Jones, Lionsgate to Adapt NYT’s 1619 Project For Film and TV
Oprah Winfrey, Nikole Hannah-Jones Adapt 1619 Project For Film, TV

Ida Bae about to come up but we don't need no more documentaries. We need more advocates.

facts. We got Ava if we need another damn documentary.

dj-method-x

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It is extremely valuable to have researchers and creators of a movement to advocate it. The rebittal, argumentation, and pre-emptive counter points are built in its creation. Time and repetition of lecture is formidable as a proponent for a subject. Some things need substance and not a face. Yvette and Tone are substantive.

The research and data that Tone and Yvette tout has been around for literal decades. They are not the only ones that have done the research and have access to it. They sparked a social media movement around it, mostly using some other tangential issues like immigration and diaspora hatred that appealed to some of yall's emotions, but they are not the gate keepers of the reparations discussion as much as they and their followers tend to think.

Amerikan Melanin

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Yvette does more harm for reparations cause she has zero people skills. It’s either she gets all the credit as the leader of the shyt or she wants to burn it all down. She seems like an agent to me. She makes reparations toxic to the point nobody even wants to say it or risk getting attacked by her ADOS cult. She falls out with EVERYONE. I rep FBA and Claude anderson. A true scholar.

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
Yvette does more harm for reparations cause she has zero people skills. It’s either she gets all the credit as the leader of the shyt or she wants to burn it all down. She seems like an agent to me. She makes reparations toxic to the point nobody even wants to say it or risk getting attacked by her ADOS cult. She falls out with EVERYONE. I rep FBA and Claude anderson. A true scholar.

I think she and many other black people are depressively angry to the point it hinders them

When all you do is read and look at numbers about how you and your people are used as science experiments it clouds you from big picture thinking despite data collecting being a big picture thinking process

I don’t say it to knock her but I think she’s been staring into the abyss too long(for a good cause ) and it stared back at her and ruined her slightly

Last edited:

truth2you

All Star
Daps
The research and data that Tone and Yvette tout has been around for literal decades. They are not the only ones that have done the research and have access to it. They sparked a social media movement around it, mostly using some other tangential issues like immigration and diaspora hatred that appealed to some of yall's emotions, but they are not the gate keepers of the reparations discussion as much as they and their followers tend to think.
No it hasn't. All the myths we have been told to improve our stance were disproved only because of tone's study

And y'all know Yvette is right, how can someone who never dealt with reparations these past few years all of a sudden is the one to go to for people to learn about it? N'cobra was so lost, they only hot a Twitter after Yvette called them out LAST YEAR! Lol

If y'all can't see it's a plot to stop the movement y'all are blind. Anyone with sense knows Yvette is a beast when it comes to debating with facts, only an idiot wouldn't want her to speak for them. We need black speakers who are well read, while not being passive, Yvette is exactly the type you need to go against the good old boys club.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
And that was the last time anybody talked about it seriously. I remember bc i was at similar mtgs in Harlem. Since then, you couldn't get anybody serious to even consider it without laughing in your face. How long did Conyers hr 40, sit there, unpassed and unloved? Literal decades.

Yvette and Tone, no matter what you think of them, built up the current movement cuz ncobra and them wasnt moving shyt. They couldn't make an argument that would enflame the masses to then push our politicians to move on hr 40 (which, again, languished for decades).
To your dumbass maybe, but we been on the reparations tip for over the last 15 years nonstop but I'll leave it to your dumbass to live in your own bubble.

truth2you

All Star
Daps
To your dumbass maybe, but we been on the reparations tip for over the last 15 years nonstop but I'll leave it to your dumbass to live in your own bubble.
Why cant yall just give props? We all know it was the ADOS movement that got YOUNG PEOPLE talking about reparations. It was no one else. I gotta admit Tariq Nasheed played a big part as well, but he also was riding the ADOS wave

Yes, it was talked about before them, but it was people in the educated circles, and they didn't have the studies to back their claims like the one tone did, that study shut everything down

Plus, society was no where it's at now in the 90s, and early 2000's, the wealth gap wasn't no where near it is today so how could you use that as an argument for reparations?

Y'all are just some haters. I can dislike somebody but still give props were it belongs, why cant yall? Its because y'all could care less about us coming up, y'all just want things done y'all way, but got the nerve to say y'all for the people