Yvette carnell believes nicole hannah jones stole ados playbook and is now benefiting off it

Daps
And that was the last time anybody talked about it seriously. I remember bc i was at similar mtgs in Harlem. Since then, you couldn't get anybody serious to even consider it without laughing in your face. How long did Conyers hr 40, sit there, unpassed and unloved? Literal decades.

Yvette and Tone, no matter what you think of them, built up the current movement cuz ncobra and them wasnt moving shyt. They couldn't make an argument that would enflame the masses to then push our politicians to move on hr 40 (which, again, languished for decades).

Dr Claude always talked about it but that about it him and conyers

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
She pulled reciepts on her not knowing much about reparations before

Based on what's in the original post, she didn't.

And that was the last time anybody talked about it seriously. I remember bc i was at similar mtgs in Harlem. Since then, you couldn't get anybody serious to even consider it without laughing in your face. How long did Conyers hr 40, sit there, unpassed and unloved? Literal decades.

Yvette and Tone, no matter what you think of them, built up the current movement cuz ncobra and them wasnt moving shyt. They couldn't make an argument that would enflame the masses to then push our politicians to move on hr 40 (which, again, languished for decades).

Nah, it wasn't the last time it was discussed. What's changed is the ability for people to connect, which is down to the Internet and social media.

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Nah, it wasn't the last time it was discussed. What's changed is the ability for people to connect, which is down to the Internet and social media.
Please show me examples of serious people having serious discussions about reparations in the US after the Clinton years. TIA.

Ta nehisi wrote a whole article, the world seemed to agree, then he interviewed Obama who point blank said no, cuz immigrants wouldn't like it. Then TSA nehisi told us he's not an activist, just a writer, and skipped off to France. :martin:

If ados didn't do it, nobody else was going to. Ncobra was talking about giving reparations to the entire diaspora. :mjlol:

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Back to the topic

Hannah-Jones was born in Waterloo, Iowa, to father Milton Hannah, who is African-American, and mother Cheryl A. Novotny, who is of Czech and English descent.[6]

I moved to the historic Bedford-Stuyvesant neighborhood of Brooklyn in 2011. Before then, I had been living in Portland, Oregon, and when I chose my new home in the gritty big city, it was partly because it was only a block away from a police precinct. That proximity made me feel safer :mjpls:—I figured crime would be less common with so many police nearby...

My block is fairly typical of Bed-Stuy. My neighbors, until recently, were all black and included everyone from laborers to college professors

A Letter From Black America

Elle Seven

Superstar
Daps
If reparations are the goal then why does Yvette and Tone want to be the face of it so bad? Why should that matter beyond clout and $? All they do is beat up on people who are down for the cause but not down with them. It’s corny and not constructive. Glad the current climate and movement has little to do with those clowns, which I’m sure has them peeved due to how much they beg for attention.

I watch her weekly shows and I genuinely don't get the impression it is an ego thing.

Think of it like this. Reparations for black folks is something we may have heard about in passing over the years but, until now, I can't say I have ever heard of anyone making real efforts to make it happen. I don't really follow Tone, but as for Yvette, can you imagine the amount of study, research and tenacity is must have taken over the years to make this go from an idea to a full-fledged movement? They are trying to make a real case to get black folks something these folks STILL don't want to give us...other groups get theirs and they still making excuses why we can't get ours. So, when I see Yvette and Tone doing the work, my hats are off to them.

More than anything, if I were Yvette or Tone, my biggest fear would be getting in a space where you are close to making reparations a reality (everyone is seated at the table and listening to your argument) - where you have a complete list of what it should look like, who gets it, etc. - and then someone who has NO knowledge of the intricacies of the movement, is not thoroughly learned in the history of ADOS in this country and is, thus, susceptible to being rendered completely neutered in a debate (because you KNOW there will be debates to refute the need for reparations) because s/he can't hold his own, someone who lacks the confidence and knowledge base of the people who have literally made it their life's work to study data of economics, race, politics and then know how I connect all those points through analysis...

They stand to fumble everything at that time and in that space by saying or doing the wrong thing. Yvette and Tone know what they know because they were the ones who started it, at least as it pertains to this particular movement. They reference Dr. Darity a lot as someine else who knows the intricacies of this fight as well.

Allowing anyone else to make the argument for the group other than those who understand the cause 100% from all angles could stand to be detrimental for the movement. It makes no sense to have anyone else in front other than those who helped build it up from the ground floor, at least not to me.

As an aside, I think of it like Cap and Willie Beaman in Any Given Sunday. If the championship was on the line, the team was apt to trust Cap more since he had been showing and proving since the first day...there was genuine skill and preparation behind his actions as the veteran QB. With Beaman, he had the potential to go either way, played mostly off instinct, and only really cared about himself, at least until he was humbled and saw he had a whole team relying on him to do right and move out of the way when needed.

If you are on the line and get one shot to "win", why would it be wise to put it into the hands of anyone else but those who have been showing and proving from the jump? Otherwise, if one of these other folks "fumble", all of ADOS loses because you know we are not likely to get another chance anytime soon.

ThatTruth777

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If reparations are the goal then why does Yvette and Tone want to be the face of it so bad? Why should that matter beyond clout and $? All they do is beat up on people who are down for the cause but not down with them. It’s corny and not constructive. Glad the current climate and movement has little to do with those clowns, which I’m sure has them peeved due to how much they beg for attention.
because you get things like BLM where infiltrators will take over a movement and de-fang it.