Yung Knickas Wildin|Draft Picks Stylin|Grimes n Mcbride Got Bball God's Smilin NYK Discussion Thread

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
thibs winning energy is needed back there.
our front office has been fukkin lax the past 5 years or so. scared to make moves, scared to take risks, just making transaction and trying not to.be embarrassments.

thibs is on they neck every day lettin them know we need to win as soon as possible and be aggressive when it comes to improving the team. he wants a winner culture.and the players can feel that
Yea. Rose’s conglomerate is either genius or really dumb. So far it’s working but it feels more like musical chairs than smart business decisions. He could have easily chosen to side with the wrong people and we’d be the Pistons right now. Like dude literally just picked the best option of each of his three most trusted advisors and they all hit. That doesn’t give me the MOST confidence going into what will probably be the most important summer in this teams future. Rose is walking a fine ass line imo but we’re here and I’m hella intrigued going forward.

Not to sound negative tho. It’s just, as a fan, you want this article to read “Rose is a genius. Him and his staff agreed on every decision they make going forward and it all worked out.” But instead we’re reading that there are 3 distinct visions within the organization that don’t align and Rose is just making it work somehow.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea. Rose’s conglomerate is either genius or really dumb. So far it’s working but it feels more like musical chairs than smart business decisions. He could have easily chosen to side with the wrong people and we’d be the Pistons right now. Like dude literally just picked the best option of each of his three most trusted advisors and they all hit. That doesn’t give me the MOST confidence going into what will probably be the most important summer in this teams future. Rose is walking a fine ass line imo but we’re here and I’m hella intrigued going forward.

Not to sound negative tho. It’s just, as a fan, you want this article to read “Rose is a genius. Him and his staff agreed on every decision they make going forward and it all worked out.” But instead we’re reading that there are 3 distinct visions within the organization that don’t align and Rose is just making it work somehow
good point, definitely something to keep a eye on.

its good to have different perspectives in the room. no yes men, everyone voicing their opinion like they in charge. your right tho, there's backfire potential

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
The jimmy trade was great for them:usure:

He didnt want wiggins and wanted to trade him instead of lavine. Then the wiggins extension fukked over jimmy so he got angry

But that's the thing..... he did trade Lavine instead of Jimmy and extended Wiggins. He sucked as the GM/POBO he really did.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

Not to sound negative tho. It’s just, as a fan, you want this article to read “Rose is a genius. Him and his staff agreed on every decision they make going forward and it all worked out.” But instead we’re reading that there are 3 distinct visions within the organization that don’t align and Rose is just making it work somehow.

I get a heavy "never be the smartest person in the room" vibe from Rose. I honestly like the dynamic he's set up. Three cats that are geniuses at what they do...one guy purely thinking about how to win tomorrow, one guy purely thinking about how to strategize for the future and a third guy purely focused on connections and behind-the-scenes information (also, functionally giving Rose a look at a Dolan-like id).

These guys are each coming to the room with the best possible perspectives from one specific frame. Then Rose gets to play the detached judge. He's not committed to any one perspective and that allows him to roll with the best case out of the three...in theory.

It's worked so far, he's batting near .1000 and that makes it hard to tell if things will slide should a choice backfire. I like that there are already examples of Rose supporting each piece of the brain trust to successful ends. I think if this is properly led, it becomes competitive and encouraging. If it's poorly handled then you could slip right back to in-fighting and sabotaging that we've seen in the past.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I get a heavy "never be the smartest person in the room" vibe from Rose. I honestly like the dynamic he's set up. Three cats that are geniuses at what they do...one guy purely thinking about how to win tomorrow, one guy purely thinking about how to strategize for the future and a third guy purely focused on connections and behind-the-scenes information (also, functionally giving Rose a look at a Dolan-like id).

These guys are each coming to the room with the best possible perspectives from one specific frame. Then Rose gets to play the detached judge. He's not committed to any one perspective and that allows him to roll with the best case out of the three...in theory.

It's worked so far, he's batting near .1000 and that makes it hard to tell if things will slide should a choice backfire. I like that there are already examples of Rose supporting each piece of the brain trust to successful ends. I think if this is properly led, it becomes competitive and encouraging. If it's poorly handled then you could slip right back to in-fighting and sabotaging that we've seen in the past.
Right. And to be fair, my “wishful thinking” is probably naive. I’d bet most of the good organizations are like this. You want diverse ideas and opinions in any group settings let alone major corporations.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Apparently it won’t take much to get Fournier just like someone here said

I’ve seen him play some SF, so I wouldn’t mind having him :ehh: I don’t think he’ll be too expensive to re-sign either

Didn't Fournier say some :mjpls: things a few years back?

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
Didn't Fournier say some :mjpls: things a few years back?

i have no idea, I did a quick Google search and nothing really came up

I just saw he was defending Gobert for his joke with the microphone and Covid and said it could’ve been Mitchell who infected the team and then he took a jab at Donald Trump

but maybe he did say something

ikbm

Formerly ikillbabymamas
Daps
Reppin
Spread Love - The Player Way
drummond will do what thibs tell him to do like everyone else.on our team does.
you are underrating the hell out of him. especially since we dont gotta give up much to get him
Lol thibs will mind control him into not being a terrible finisher.
drummond is not gonna magically turn into an expensive rental rim runner for the knicks. he wants to get paid. maybe if we were the lakers or something but we arent competing for a ring.