Yung Knickas Wildin|Draft Picks Stylin|Grimes n Mcbride Got Bball God's Smilin NYK Discussion Thread

Daniel.

BK to NJ, but always a New York Knicka
Daps
I get a heavy "never be the smartest person in the room" vibe from Rose. I honestly like the dynamic he's set up. Three cats that are geniuses at what they do...one guy purely thinking about how to win tomorrow, one guy purely thinking about how to strategize for the future and a third guy purely focused on connections and behind-the-scenes information (also, functionally giving Rose a look at a Dolan-like id).

These guys are each coming to the room with the best possible perspectives from one specific frame. Then Rose gets to play the detached judge. He's not committed to any one perspective and that allows him to roll with the best case out of the three...in theory.

It's worked so far, he's batting near .1000 and that makes it hard to tell if things will slide should a choice backfire. I like that there are already examples of Rose supporting each piece of the brain trust to successful ends. I think if this is properly led, it becomes competitive and encouraging. If it's poorly handled then you could slip right back to in-fighting and sabotaging that we've seen in the past.

fukking love this assessment.

Team building at its finest. From an HR lens, very representative of a functioning environment. Diversity of thought. :ohlawd:

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
I get a heavy "never be the smartest person in the room" vibe from Rose. I honestly like the dynamic he's set up. Three cats that are geniuses at what they do...one guy purely thinking about how to win tomorrow, one guy purely thinking about how to strategize for the future and a third guy purely focused on connections and behind-the-scenes information (also, functionally giving Rose a look at a Dolan-like id).

These guys are each coming to the room with the best possible perspectives from one specific frame. Then Rose gets to play the detached judge. He's not committed to any one perspective and that allows him to roll with the best case out of the three...in theory.

It's worked so far, he's batting near .1000 and that makes it hard to tell if things will slide should a choice backfire. I like that there are already examples of Rose supporting each piece of the brain trust to successful ends. I think if this is properly led, it becomes competitive and encouraging. If it's poorly handled then you could slip right back to in-fighting and sabotaging that we've seen in the past.
The keys to great leadership is being the Merlin that shows Arthur the field from above. He's doing a great job.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Lol thibs will mind control him into not being a terrible finisher.
drummond is not gonna magically turn into an expensive rental rim runner for the knicks. he wants to get paid. maybe if we were the lakers or something but we arent competing for a ring.
La trying to get Drumm anyway let em

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They're title contenders we are not Drum ain't doing shyt here but eat up cap space and lower our defense :hhh:
what cap space nikka lmao
hes an expiring contract.
we have dead cap space from 4 months ago that still hasnt been used lmao we got like 2 weeks to use it.

your sayin he can help title contenders but he cant help us. are u sayin hes not a upgrade over taj gibson or noel:dwillhuh:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
what cap space nikka lmao
hes an expiring contract.
we have dead cap space from 4 months ago that still hasnt been used lmao we got like 2 weeks to use it.

your sayin he can help title contenders but he cant help us. are u sayin hes not a upgrade over taj gibson or noel:dwillhuh:
If he comes here and just rebounds and stays out the way, sure he’s an upgrade. If he comes in and wants to play for a contract and starts demanding post ups or bytching about touches than he’s not an upgrade. I don’t want to take that risk. I’d rather go get a wing scorer like Fournier.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
If he comes here and just rebounds and stays out the way, sure he’s an upgrade. If he comes in and wants to play for a contract and starts demanding post ups or bytching about touches than he’s not an upgrade. I don’t want to take that risk. I’d rather go get a wing scorer like Fournier.
Thibs ain’t having that

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
what gives you the indication that he would come here and be disruptive? sounds like you being negative for no reason lol.