Yung Knickas Wildin|Draft Picks Stylin|Grimes n Mcbride Got Bball God's Smilin NYK Discussion Thread

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
No, you don't you bleed the clock out and maintain possession.

You don't give them an opportunity to call timeouts, potential misses (even lay ups). If they aren't close enough to you, your biggest currency is TIME not points.

You do not put the ball on the court and dribble to risk a steal.

Not with the shot clock turned off. You dribble out the clock unless you're afraid to turn over the ball or miss the free throws. If you're not confident that you'll get the points, then you take as much time off the clock as possible.

When you have a clear path to the basket & clinging to a small lead where the opponents next possession could tie or win it, you take the points. Not to mention it wasn't a guarantee he would even hit those free throws because of being young & inexperienced. I know this Frank & you guys cheer him on but if this was anyone else you'd be screaming for the player to take the uncontested layup or dunk to seal the game

Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjtf:You scared of DSJ
:what: Nikka what?
Small sample size but he's looked really good the last three games in Detroit. I watch a lot of their games and I think he's on the cusp of finally breaking out there. The hitch in his shot is gone, he looks more confident and he's attacking and putting pressure on defenses. He's not someone to be scared of but he's not someone to underestimate either.
probably a unpopular opinion, but mitchell robinson ain't that much better than noel:yeshrug:

and noel is much smarter player than him overall. I'm not saying i would pick noel over mitch, but we should keep that in mind moving forward when it comes to people saying he's "untouchable" and in trade or contract extensions.

But i for one, see a lower ceiling for mitch' than some of you do. I think his skill set can be replaced rather easily:yeshrug:
You're right, Mitch is better than Noel and it's not by a considerable amount, but they're both legitimately 2 of the best defensive bigs in the league, and I don't think that players of their caliber are easily replaced, we're lucky as fukk to have both on the team tbf. I'm not just saying this now either, I made quite a few posts over the past few years about wanting the Knicks to go after Noel; I always thought he had All-Team defensive potential (dumb plays aside, but he's a much smarter player this year. Credit to Thibs I suppose). I mean you're talking about a guy who was a lotto pick because he was defensive monster in college (shyt, monster might be an understatement), he's arguably the switchiest big in the NBA and one of the most athletic, you can't just find that anywhere. I mean some of us ( me included ) talked about someone like Jaxson Hayes as being an example of a player who's in a similar mold to those two, who could be one of those cheap replacements you're talking about, and now he's losing his pt to Willy Hernangomez of all people smh. Elite skillsets are just hard to replace in general.

qnsfinest

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
Mitch is easily gonna get 60-80 mil. Players with less impact have gotten similar or higher contracts.

If I’m the knicks I would offer 4/72 mil, 4th yr team option.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
When you have a clear path to the basket & clinging to a small lead where the opponents next possession could tie or win it, you take the points. Not to mention it wasn't a guarantee he would even hit those free throws because of being young & inexperienced. I know this Frank & you guys cheer him on but if this was anyone else you'd be screaming for the player to take the uncontested layup or dunk to seal the game

Don't do that "you're biased because it's Frank" bullshyt just because we disagree. If Frank dunks that ball and the Pacers come back down to tie it, you'd be singing a completely different tune about the decision there. No matter what happens right there, the Pacers are going to have a shot to tie it. Your goal on that play is that make it as hard as possible for the Pacers to tie with that next possession.

Now here is the caveat, the best way to make that last Pacers possession difficult is dependent on the player with the fast break. If you trust the player to make his free throws, you kill the clock. If you don't trust the player to make his free throws, then you want him to dunk. Frank was the best free throw shooter on the team last year, I'll let him milk the clock. If it's Nerlens Noel, I want him to dunk that. It depends on the player.

But no this isn't because it's Frank. It's strategy. To put it another way, if that's Immanuel Quickley I want him to do the exact same thing.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
definitely
i also think noel is a better help defender, is quicker on his feet, and plays with more IQ.

mitch is better but not by much. and noel is pretty much a journey man
I would have thought that going into the season, but Mitch has played smart for most of the season. Noel was the one looking like a knucklehead on most nights. Someone said they thought he was gambling more because he knew could afford the fouls and turns out they were right cause I have been impressed with Noel recently.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Nah. That was the right play. It’s the equivalent of kneeling at the 1 yard line instead of getting a touchdown. Clock is the most valuable thing for a team down in a game. Look what happened at the end of the game, Sabonis went to the line and tried to miss his second free throw and hope the team could get a three. Only reason it was impossible was because of the .7 seconds on the clock. Imagine if it was 3 seconds instead.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
:ehh: This is a good point actually

Mitch is really good, but I also wouldn’t want to give him 100 mil

4/60 maybe?
I wouldn’t care much about Mitch contract if there was a better free agent class this summer. If we could have maxed a guy like Brad Beal this summer and just gone over the cap to sign Mitch it doesn’t hurt as much as giving him 20 mill per and still trying to find your true number 1.