Yung Knickas Wildin|Draft Picks Stylin|Grimes n Mcbride Got Bball God's Smilin NYK Discussion Thread

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Don't do that "you're biased because it's Frank" bullshyt just because we disagree. If Frank dunks that ball and the Pacers come back down to tie it, you'd be singing a completely different tune about the decision there. No matter what happens right there, the Pacers are going to have a shot to tie it. Your goal on that play is that make it as hard as possible for the Pacers to tie with that next possession.

Now here is the caveat, the best way to make that last Pacers possession difficult is dependent on the player with the fast break. If you trust the player to make his free throws, you kill the clock. If you don't trust the player to make his free throws, then you want him to dunk. Frank was the best free throw shooter on the team last year, I'll let him milk the clock. If it's Nerlens Noel, I want him to dunk that. It depends on the player.

But no this isn't because it's Frank. It's strategy. To put it another way, if that's Immanuel Quickley I want him to do the exact same thing.

It's not BS because you're one of the top cheerleaders on the Frank brigade. If Frank dunks the ball he gives us a for sure 2 points instead of gambling from the line like you preferred which wouldn't have been ideal for the score & the amount of time left. You're arm chair QB'ing after the fact because he hit the 2 shots when smart ball would be to go for the easy lay or dunk.

Also don't lump me with the Frank haters. Do I like him? No lol but he's on the Knicks & I'll praise him when he does well & criticize him for being underwhelming

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Knicks will have crazy cap space after 22. Only players on contract will be rj, quick and obi and this year's picks. Obviously you'd keep Julius but that's the summer to make a big three possible. Signing mitch this off season deters all that. Wait to do if after 22 and see what you can conjure up

Last edited:

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Nah. That was the right play. It’s the equivalent of kneeling at the 1 yard line instead of getting a touchdown. Clock is the most valuable thing for a team down in a game. Look what happened at the end of the game, Sabonis went to the line and tried to miss his second free throw and hope the team could get a three. Only reason it was impossible was because of the .7 seconds on the clock. Imagine if it was 3 seconds instead.

We won't ever agree on this. An easy layup/dunk versus putting Frank on the line in that type of situation? Really bro lol

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
It's not BS because you're one of the top cheerleaders on the Frank brigade. If Frank dunks the ball he gives us a for sure 2 points instead of gambling from the line like you preferred which wouldn't have been ideal for the score & the amount of time left. You're arm chair QB'ing after the fact because he hit the 2 shots when smart ball would be to go for the easy lay or dunk.

Also don't lump me with the Frank haters. Do I like him? No lol but he's on the Knicks & I'll praise him when he does well & criticize him for being underwhelming

Nah, it's BS because you retreat to it over a simple disagreement about strategy. It doesn't help your argument any more than me pretending you're a hater. But I didn't do that, I just told you to cut the shyt and engage with the point I'm making. This isn't to do with it being Frank, it's to do with the ball being in the hands of any good free throw shooter.

If I trust the free throw shooter to make the free throws, I prefer him eat the clock and leave the Pacers less time to try and come back. If the free throw shooter is shoddy, then I take the dunk. You have the lead no matter what, and the Pacers have a better chance at scoring the more time is on the clock. If you trust your free throw shooter then killing the clock isn't a bad play. It doesn't have to be your favorite choice, but stop acting like this is a no brainer. It's not.

krazykid18

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah, it's BS because you retreat to it over a simple disagreement about strategy. It doesn't help your argument any more than me pretending you're a hater. But I didn't do that, I just told you to cut the shyt and engage with the point I'm making. This isn't to do with it being Frank, it's to do with the ball being in the hands of any good free throw shooter.

If I trust the free throw shooter to make the free throws, I prefer him eat the clock and leave the Pacers less time to try and come back. If the free throw shooter is shoddy, then I take the dunk. You have the lead no matter what, and the Pacers have a better chance at scoring the more time is on the clock. If you trust your free throw shooter then killing the clock isn't a bad play. It doesn't have to be your favorite choice, but stop acting like this is a no brainer. It's not.

Thats is bs...and u know it whether knicksman20 is a frank fan or not ..frank should have just scored the ball it would be 3 seconds left with no timeouts ...that was the right play to make not trying to get foul for free throws where he can miss one and make it one posession...

And rj did the same shyt a play before where rather than pass the ball out for the layup he is holding the ball to get fouled and i think he missed both or one but he didnt go 2 for 2...

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY

I'm not retreating to anything. It's a fact you prove every time you post about dude. Don't get butt hurt when I or others point it out & try to weaponize that in your favor. That's corny

No current coach in their right mind would intentionally want/put Frank in that position. I could deal with a proven player with ice veins to dribble out the clock; not Frank & that's the whole point

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Thats is bs...and u know it whether knicksman20 is a frank fan or not ..frank should have just scored the ball it would be 3 seconds left with no timeouts ...that was the right play to make not trying to get foul for free throws where he can miss one and make it one posession...

And rj did the same shyt a play before where rather than pass the ball out for the layup he is holding the ball to get fouled and i think he missed both or one but he didnt go 2 for 2...

Thank you bro & that's the damn point. But homey so infatuated with Frank he can't see clearly lol

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

The risk is understood. That's why I keep stressing that it comes down to whether or not you trust the guy to hit his free throws. It's this simple: 2 points with less time is better than 2 points with more time. If you have a good free throw shooter with the ball in his hands, I don't mind him aiming to kill the clock. RJ screwed it up, but I'm not mad at him for making that decision either. I expect him to get the points on most of these occasions. I want him to kill the clock, I just want him to make his damned free throws along with it.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I'm not retreating to anything. It's a fact you prove every time you post about dude. Don't get butt hurt when I or others point it out & try to weaponize that in your favor. That's corny

No current coach in their right mind would intentionally want/put Frank in that position. I could deal with a proven player with ice veins to dribble out the clock; not Frank & that's the whole point

If you agree that it comes down to which player has the ball in his hands, then we're on the same page. Just looking for a reason to pick fights and shyt. I just trust the dude who shot the best free throw percentage last season to make his free throws :manny:.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Knicks will have crazy cap space after 22. Only players on contract will be rj, quick and obi and this year's picks. Obviously you'd keep Julius but that's the summer to make a big three possible. Signing mitch this off season deters all that. Wait to do if after 22 and see what you can conjure up

If I'm not mistaken, they rescind his bird rights if they pick up the last year of his option. They're kinda between a rock and a hard place. I don't think he should command anywhere near the max, but every season big men get insane contracts. He's really got a future as the engine of Thibs' defense though, I'd hate to see us lose him (whether that's in a trade or he walks for a big payday elsewhere).

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
If I'm not mistaken, they rescind his bird rights if they pick up the last year of his option. They're kinda between a rock and a hard place. I don't think he should command anywhere near the max, but every season big men get insane contracts. He's really got a future as the engine of Thibs' defense though, I'd hate to see us lose him (whether that's in a trade or he walks for a big payday elsewhere).
But they'd have crazy cap space anyway to just re-sign him regardless

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
But they'd have crazy cap space anyway to just re-sign him regardless

Oh, I feel you. That definitely makes sense to me, it's risky because the market is so unpredictable on big men. Sometimes they get crazy contracts and sometimes they end up like Christian Wood (complete bargain). I think I'd try hard to lock Mitch in long term this offseason, but I'd have to look at how much we can pay Mitch and still have max space in the following offseason.

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
I would just rather have multiple pathways to build a team instead of limiting it. I would hate to sign mitch to a big contract and then next off season someone becomes available and we can't get them. Mitch will be there next season.