Yung Knickas Wildin|Draft Picks Stylin|Grimes n Mcbride Got Bball God's Smilin NYK Discussion Thread

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Lol. You stop the ball and bleed out the clock. If you're a good free throw shooter, you hold it and wait for the foul.

Y'all nikkas are hilarious.

Nah bro. When you have a clear path to the basket (which he did) & a small lead you score the damn points to give your team some cushion lol

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
probably a unpopular opinion, but mitchell robinson ain't that much better than noel:yeshrug:

and noel is much smarter player than him overall. I'm not saying i would pick noel over mitch, but we should keep that in mind moving forward when it comes to people saying he's "untouchable" and in trade or contract extensions.

But i for one, see a lower ceiling for mitch' than some of you do. I think his skill set can be replaced rather easily:yeshrug:
I like mitch a lot, but his value comes from his contract. The minute they or someone pays him a boatload of money he's gonna get looked at in a negative light for his lack of offensive game.

That's why I'm against extending him this off-season. Let him play next year at 1.8 million and if someone scoops him up for a second round max or close to it, then so be it. Can't be using our cap space paying a guy who doesn't even want to shoot a jumper when he's been showing for 2 years now that he can during the summer. Now if next season he shows he's worthy of one than do it. No need to rush it.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Nah bro. When you have a clear path to the basket (which he did) & a small lead you score the damn points to give your team some cushion lol
No, you don't you bleed the clock out and maintain possession.

You don't give them an opportunity to call timeouts, potential misses (even lay ups). If they aren't close enough to you, your biggest currency is TIME not points.

You do not put the ball on the court and dribble to risk a steal.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I like mitch a lot, but his value comes from his contract. The minute they or someone pays him a boatload of money he's gonna get looked at in a negative light for his lack of offensive game.

That's why I'm against extending him this off-season. Let him play next year at 1.8 million and if someone scoops him up for a second round max or close to it, then so be it. Can't be using our cap space paying a guy who doesn't even want to shoot a jumper when he's been showing for 2 years now that he can during the summer. Now if next season he shows he's worthy of one than do it. No need to rush it.
im thinking mitch is askin for 100 milly which is why talks havent progreased. we'd be crazy to give him that amount

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
probably a unpopular opinion, but mitchell robinson ain't that much better than noel:yeshrug:

and noel is much smarter player than him overall. I'm not saying i would pick noel over mitch, but we should keep that in mind moving forward when it comes to people saying he's "untouchable" and in trade or contract extensions.

But i for one, see a lower ceiling for mitch' than some of you do. I think his skill set can be replaced rather easily:yeshrug:
Nah. Mitch has way better hands and is a better rebounder.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Nah bro. When you have a clear path to the basket (which he did) & a small lead, you score the damn points to give your team some cushion lol

Not with the shot clock turned off. You dribble out the clock unless you're afraid to turn over the ball or miss the free throws. If you're not confident that you'll get the points, then you take as much time off the clock as possible.