Yung Knickas Wildin|Draft Picks Stylin|Grimes n Mcbride Got Bball God's Smilin NYK Discussion Thread

BAMBA

The Menace
Supporter
Daps
Also Drummond is overrated defensively but thibs might get him right :mjgrin:

I actually agree that Drummond’s defense is overrated, and he has issues picking up rotations (usually when he is focusing on the backpedal to get into rebound position), but he is definitely still above average overall, and arguably a top notch rim protector- and has always benefited from defensive minded teams (which the Knicks’ would be categorized as.) With Randle more prone to distribute down low, he’ll help feed Andre enough to keep him satisfied offensively (something you need to keep in check, because he has a tendency to play hero ball if the offense is sputtering), but he is a vacuum cleaner for missed mid-range and drive shots (which will come in handy on nights where Payton is driving into walls, IQ’s floater is off, or when RJ visits brick city).

BAMBA

The Menace
Supporter
Daps
No, he's not a dominant low post threat. Averaging 0.82 ppp on postups at 26.3% frequency which would qualify for among the worst in the NBA. His defense sucks. Robinson has improved on foul woes and anchored one of the best defenses in the league. Drummond cares more about his next contract than helping his teammates win basketball games. His back-up Allen is clearly better of the two.

I said a dominant force down low, which is different from a low post threat (Prime Ewing isn’t walking through that door). Not sure how anyone can say Drummond’s defense “sucks”. Sure , he’s not Rudy Goebert...but who is.

And I’m sure Mitch would be happiest of all having Drummond on board because it would mean he wouldn’t have to face him (we all know what happened last time he did...

:huhldup:)

BAMBA

The Menace
Supporter
Daps
Drummond looking for bread:mjlol:

I don’t doubt it, but Drummond is almost 2 years younger than Amar'e Stoudemire was when he did the same thing. Drummond is from NY, that might also play a part in him wanting to come here.

Derek Lee

#thunderup
Supporter
Daps
I said a dominant force down low, which is different from a low post threat (Prime Ewing isn’t walking through that door). Not sure how anyone can say Drummond’s defense “sucks”. Sure , he’s not Rudy Goebert...but who is.

And I’m sure Mitch would be happiest of all having Drummond on board because it would mean he wouldn’t have to face him (we all know what happened last time he did...

:huhldup:)

He scored a grand total of four points and grabbed 15 rebounds in a blowout loss against the Knicks. Zero impact. His defense has regressed since Nance got hurt and Allen got traded to Cleveland. There's a reason why Cavs and Pistons fans can't stand watching him play. Drummond's life would be easier if he accepted his limitations as a player and simplify his role as a rim runner/shot protector/lob threat like Tyson Chandler. Dude shouldn't be bringing the ball up like the court like he's fukking Nikola Jokic and trying to run the offense. :mjlol:

Last edited:

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
T
Cut it out. Drummond is not a good fit for this team unless you know he’s just gonna come and rebound which i doubt. The only reason we work despite our poor spacing is because Noel and Mitch don’t need the ball on offense.
THanks for talking me off the edge

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Since when did Alonzo Trier end up in the g league?:ohhh:

I thought he was a knicks fan favorite

What happen to his career? :dwillhuh:

El Jefe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:ehh:have to say really enjoying this Knicks experience alot more this time around ( less star talent ,but better chenistry and it shows what a competent coach can do on the floor and off it for culture )

while the bench is rolling ..I feel the next step for yall to advance as a team , has to be splitting rose and IQ ,or staggering there playing time more

( if there wont be any trades or free agents additions ) thibs has to make that move :jbhmm:

it will also take pressure off Randle and barrett , as either rose or IQ will be able to draw defense and break down d and get them easier looks ,

as currently constructed Payton wont get it done , and there is only so many Holes the bench will be able to dig yall out of against better teams .. :hubie:

for now tho Knicks fans yall have something to be proud of ..teams movin in right direction :dwillhuh:

and Randle is something I' ain't expect :whoo: