Yung Knickas Wildin|Draft Picks Stylin|Grimes n Mcbride Got Bball God's Smilin NYK Discussion Thread

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Nah, breh lol. And even if he did come it doesn’t move the needle for us among the NBA heavyweights.
Not right away but Zach and Julius are still on an upward trajectory. With the right guard and continued RJ development, we can become contenders in 2-3 years.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
So here are my comps

Grimes - Kevin Huerter without his midrange. He seems like he could be really good bench guy. His 3 pt shot is wet and he’s shown legit signs of creation. He has a fast release and can make 3pt shots off of screens and off the dribble. I don’t think he is a Bullock replacement as a 3&D but he could get minutes as a plug and play guy.

McBride - Marcus Smart, but a better PG earlier in his career. Streaky shooter, but possibly the best PG defender in this year’s draft. Not a starter quality PG on most teams, but Thibs might utilize him that way in a few years. He was able to hang playing against the best PG’s in this draft in Cade, Butler, and Mitchell.

Sims - He is a physical freak, not really sure he sticks but defensively they might be able to build him into a player who can play like Mitch and Noel. He’s not at those guys level’s but he has a good base.

Daniel.

BK to NJ, but always a New York Knicka
Daps
Nah, immediately after the season ended this was my mindset :

Brehs don't wanna hear it after a fun season and grabbing the 4th seed but regressing for one year is better than locking yourself into mediocrity. If they swing a trade for a star here and now so be it, but other than that I'm good on anything longterm with the pieces available to us this offseason.

Not opposed to this, especially if they don't extend Randle and decide to reset the deck next year. Frustrating to watch them keep bunting and not swing, though.

Sims looks dope. Filled all positions of need so I can't complain. I hope they drafted them with the intention of upside and not just roleplayers.

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
mentality is the difference

all these picks can be great if they really decide to put faith in #tape

as beautiful as it is to be skilled you can win it all just off being a bigger dog than whoever the opp is

they gotta get out in thee.city & soak in the vibes

this is a philosophy of irrational confidence & necessary disrespect when engaged in competition

let the church say amelo

:lawd:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
We are a dramatic ass fan base :russ:

It’s not a knicks draft without fans being upset about it. I like the identity they’ve gone for with their core. It’s gonna be an annoying team to play against. They need to add a sure scorer, a playmaker, and a back-up C in free agency. That could be Burks, Rose, and Noel or it could be others that cover the same needs. As long as the young guys keep developing, we’re moving in a good direction.

Man On Fire

All Star
Daps
Reppin
nyc
Knicks punked out on taking the best available to making weak ass trades to draft system role players who will be D leaguers. Hopefully we have a solid plan for free agency because we will probably lose Noel and Bullock. Another corny draft day for MSG.