Yung Knickas Wildin|Draft Picks Stylin|Grimes n Mcbride Got Bball God's Smilin NYK Discussion Thread

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How do Knicks bright some excitement to their team next season?

I can’t see Randle playing any better than he did last year

Rj Barret is still a 3rd option at best on a contender

Knicks got no nice pieces in the draft to look forward to

Maybe Frank and Knox have break out years :ooh:

Who am I kidding :beli:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
This reminds me of last year's free agency and last year's draft. Overwhelmingly conservative approaches, but competent. They added guys that are gonna stick in the NBA...but that's probably it. They keep adding extra bits and pieces for future trades but they don't have the centerpiece for that trade right now unless it's RJ. Patience ought to pay off eventually but it's tough. If they're really aiming for next offseason which all signs point to imo; then we're in for more frustration and yawning while we wait for a big move.
What team are we currently better than that made the offs?:francis:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How do Knicks bright some excitement to their team next season?

I can’t see Randle playing any better than he did last year

Rj Barret is still a 3rd option at best on a contender

Knicks got no nice pieces in the draft to look forward to

Maybe Frank and Knox have break out years :ooh:

Who am I kidding :beli:
We got pieces . We already got. 3 young pieces to develop plus vildoza plus these picks

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
That was supposed to be this offseason :francis:
Nah, immediately after the season ended this was my mindset :
I was an advocate of making a run at Lonzo to jump start things, but the team reached relevancy without a desperation move like that. Now I'm a lot more hesitant, especially if he gets anything near a max.

I'd hold off on extending Randle (just pick up his team option for next season), and avoid handing out any longterm money this summer. Keep all three max slots open for the summer of 2022 and see what happens when a bunch of legitimate talent is scheduled to hit the field.
Brehs don't wanna hear it after a fun season and grabbing the 4th seed but regressing for one year is better than locking yourself into mediocrity. If they swing a trade for a star here and now so be it, but other than that I'm good on anything longterm with the pieces available to us this offseason.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
What team are we currently better than that made the offs?:francis:

We gotta revisit that after free agency. For now, they added some depth, defense, and shooting. It's not the most exciting draft, but it follows the trend of underwhelming moves that won't hurt and have surprisingly broken positive for the most part.

This team has Quickley, RJ, Obi, Randle, and Mitch plus Grimes and McBride (I bet they stash the euro cat). When free agency begins they've got more than 50 million in cap and if trade windows open, they'll also have some extra first-round picks in hand. It's annoying that they keep punting, but they're accumulating assets each time.

We've been pleasantly surprised after underwhelming decisions from the FO plenty of times already.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Sims’ 44.5-inch max vertical jump at the 2021 NBA Draft Combine tied for the third-highest jump in event history.

“I don’t know who was voting or what it was, but for him to not make the All-Defensive Team in our league is a joke. He is one of one in the country in terms of a guy that size that can defend that way in different ways.”