Yung Knickas Wildin|Draft Picks Stylin|Grimes n Mcbride Got Bball God's Smilin NYK Discussion Thread

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
We got a couple of future assets and a couple of players I would have liked at 32. Not my favorite draft, but I feel like they've had next off-season circled for their big push. There's no way Cooper gets to us with that late pick right? I remember some dudes hyping a really tall Euro that had grown up playing point guard. He'd be cool I guess.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Not great picks but safe picks. Thibs was eyeing McBride and Bones if Mann or Murphy didn't work out. They really wanted Duarte. Now they're gonna get future picks and trade is my guess. Someone is probably whispering in their ear. Wouldn't be surprised if they go for someone low like Brunson and Heild for cheap.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
We got a couple of future assets and a couple of players I would have liked at 32. Not my favorite draft, but I feel like they've had next off-season circled for their big push. There's no way Cooper gets to us with that late pick right? I remember some dudes hyping a really tall Euro that had grown up playing point guard. He'd be cool I guess.
That was supposed to be this offseason :francis:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Mostly… but I really don’t like the mindset of this draft. It doesn’t match the reality of the Knicks and where they are as a roster.

Have you ever seen a team with 6 people under contract and almost 50 Million in cap space draft like they were a team in the luxury tax? This year’s FA is considered weak by all experts and the players they did have were knocked out in the first round. It feels like there is a wide separation between what and who the Knicks are, and the moves they make to try to get better.

If I wasn’t a fan of the team it would be very funny. They did a lot of work tonight to trade back and draft guys other teams chose not to draft.
We drafting team that needs to save money for 2022 free agency.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Not great picks but safe picks. Thibs was eyeing McBride and Bones if Mann or Murphy didn't work out. They really wanted Duarte. Now they're gonna get future picks and trade is my guess. Someone is probably whispering in their ear. Wouldn't be surprised if they go for someone low like Brunson and Heild for cheap.
They did it to themselves too. They gave Duarte an individual workout and everyone saw it. Like I said before they handled this draft badly, and drafting a for cheap roleplayers where they are in their development is absurd. It really is a disconnect between how they move and who they are,

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
We drafting team that needs to save money for 2022 free agency.
No we’re not, we’re a team that has 50 mil in cap space based on bunch of UFA that got them only 1 win in The playoffs.They have holes to fill and should be looking for upside like normal teams.

We been down this road multiple times, and it doesn’t work because other teams cockblock because they are so blatantly stuck with their head in the clouds.

Tonight was a full display of the same management philosophy that traded Lavine for a year of Jimmy Butler for a playoff appearance and then traded Butler for Robert Convington for “defense”. We’re now at the Robert Convington phase of this rebuild.

Geordi

Superstar
Daps
I would have liked to had traded up and get a big name but we did alright I guess. What can you really expect with the 19 and 21st pick? Take a flyer on any of these kids and see if it works out.:manny:

If they were really eyeing Grimes and Mcbride then moving down and getting additional picks was a great move cause they still got their guys.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
This reminds me of last year's free agency and last year's draft. Overwhelmingly conservative approaches, but competent. They added guys that are gonna stick in the NBA...but that's probably it. They keep adding extra bits and pieces for future trades but they don't have the centerpiece for that trade right now unless it's RJ. Patience ought to pay off eventually but it's tough. If they're really aiming for next offseason which all signs point to imo; then we're in for more frustration and yawning while we wait for a big move.