Yung Knickas Wildin|Draft Picks Stylin|Grimes n Mcbride Got Bball God's Smilin NYK Discussion Thread

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Cam's cap hits are dirt cheap the next two years, they're not saving any money by moving him. He's the EXACT kind of player they hypothetically need right now - cost controlled and productive.

If they trade him it's because they think it's never gonna click for him and they wanna move on while they still can.
That’s insane. You just can’t make a judgment like that on a player at 21 years old. I genuinely don’t know why they’d trade him now unless they really like someone in this draft in the top 10. If it’s bad medicals I’d get it, but that’s something your training staff should catch before the trade is official. Being inconsistent at 21 isn’t the knock you guys think it is.
shyt, maybe it’s just as simple as they’d rather use Cam’s roster spot on a cost controlled back up pg. Just because they don’t think he’ll be better than Huerter or Hunter (they’d be wrong imo) doesn’t mean we couldn’t use a player that’s just under that level of talent either.

Coli Knicks fans in 2012: No thanks, don’t want James Harden. If he was so good, why would the Thunder trade him? :hubie:

:comeon:

Last edited:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Doesn't fit the criteria, the Lakers never traded him. Even through his struggles they rode it out the entirety of his rookie deal because they obviously saw something there.

I'm asking for a lottery pick whose team bailed on him after two lackluster years (Cam/ATL scenario) that went on to turn it around. I can't think of one because virtually every player in that circumstance fades into obscurity. Teams don't cut bait with that type of investment unless they think the player is DOA.
But they should have traded him is the point that Hawks would make. If we don’t think we will resign him, why would we just let his rookie contract expire and let him walk for nothing.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That’s insane. You just can’t make a judgment like that on a player at 21 years old. I genuinely don’t know why they’d trade him now unless they really like someone in this draft in the top 10. If it’s bad medicals I’d get it, but that’s something your training staff should catch before the trade is official. Being inconsistent at 21 isn’t the knock you guys think it is.
shyt, maybe it’s just as simple as they’d rather use Cam’s roster spot on a cost controlled back up pg. Just because they don’t think he’ll be better than Huerter or Hunter (they’d be wrong imo) doesn’t mean we couldn’t use a player that’s just under that level of talent either.

Coli Knicks fans in 2012: No thanks, don’t want James Harden. If he was so good, why would the Thunder trade him? :hubie:

:comeon:
Your comparison is terrible. In no galaxy is cam careeer any way shape or form comparable to hardens . Harden was traded mostly because he wanted a few mill than they were comfortable giving to a sixth man. Cam Isnt even a sixth man and has shown from college to now to be underwhelming. Why would you give up a bunch of picks for a project ? We have our own young players to develop and he Doesn’t even fit our biggest need which is offense and playmaking ? We can draft someone who plays great defense and has no offense . This would be a waste of assets

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Your comparison is terrible. In no galaxy is cam careeer any way shape or form comparable to hardens . Harden was traded mostly because he wanted a few mill than they were comfortable giving to a sixth man. Cam Isnt even a sixth man and has shown from college to now to be underwhelming. Why would you give up a bunch of picks for a project ? We have our own young players to develop and he Doesn’t even fit our biggest need which is offense and playmaking ? We can draft someone who plays great defense and has no offense . This would be a waste of assets
It doesn’t matter how good Cam is compared to harden. The point you keep making is, if he was good why would they trade him. And that point is a terrible one. Teams always have their reasons to trade talent. You have to evaluate the player for yourself and decide if it’s a good fit in your roster and clearly you guys haven’t because you’re literally the only ones down on him when the rest of the league isn’t. The Hawks have a lot of talent. If they feel they can get something for Cam now who they only view as a 9th man for at least the next 4-5 years, they are better served to get rid of him now if they like the offer they get.

I promise you Cam isn’t a project. He’s not Kevin Knox. He could start for us next year. We’re in here opining for 24 year old Chris Duarte and you wouldn’t give up that chance for Cam Reddish who can very realistically be a young Paul George by the time he’s 24. That’s insane to me. We’re not talking about top 10 picks here.

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
It doesn’t matter how good Cam is compared to harden. The point you keep making is, if he was good why would they trade him. And that point is a terrible one. Teams always have their reasons to trade talent. You have to evaluate the player for yourself and decide if it’s a good fit in your roster and clearly you guys haven’t because you’re literally the only ones down on him when the rest of the league isn’t. The Hawks have a lot of talent. If they feel they can get something for Cam now who they only view as a 9th man for at least the next 4-5 years, they are better served to get rid of him now if they like the offer they get.

I promise you Cam isn’t a project. He’s not Kevin Knox. He could start for us next year. We’re in here opining for 24 year old Chris Duarte and you wouldn’t give up that chance for Cam Reddish who can very realistically be a young Paul George by the time he’s 24. That’s insane to me. We’re not talking about top 10 picks here.
This is the disconnect in this discussion, you want it both ways. The Hawks have control of Cam until at least summer 2023, and even then they can match any offer he gets as an RFA and facilitate a sign & trade to assure they get something.

There's NO logical explanation for them to move him right now after two years of invested development and not give him a chance to flesh out into that "Paul George ceiling" unless they actually do believe he's 9th man in the rotation material - and at that point the PG comp is long dead.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
This is the disconnect in this discussion, you want it both ways. The Hawks have control of Cam until at least summer 2023, and even then they can match any offer he gets as an RFA and facilitate a sign & trade to assure they get something.

There's NO logical explanation for them to move him right now after two years of invested development and not give him a chance to flesh out into that "Paul George ceiling" unless they actually do believe he's 9th man in the rotation material - and at that point the PG comp is long dead.
If they don’t think they can play him significantly and can get something for him that makes more sense at a position of need than what’s hard to understand? Let’s say the Hawks are right and Huerter and Hunter have better upside than Cam (which they could very well be). Is he still not the best wing prospect that we could get in this draft? Would he not be the best non RJ wing prospect on this team on day one of the trade? Are there better wings we can get in free agency, with his age, potential and low cost?

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I’m kinda tired of the Cam Reddish and Paul George comparisons to be honest.
It’s not perfect but it’s a good one. Cam is a better ball handler than George was at that age. George was definitely more efficient. Do you have a better comp?