Yung Knickas Wildin|Draft Picks Stylin|Grimes n Mcbride Got Bball God's Smilin NYK Discussion Thread

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
22 year old elite defensive wing with offensive upside who still has two dirt cheap years left on his rookie deal - yet the team who's worked with him everyday for two years and needs low cost contributors is dangling him as trade bait :skip:

What does that tell you :pachaha:
That they’re stupid and cheap. Btw, yall keep using this argument like no team has ever given up on a player and been wrong. I guess nobody should try to trade for Ben Simmons too. Cause why would the Sixers give him up right?

Context? :hubie:

:comeon:

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
22 year old elite defensive wing with offensive upside who still has two dirt cheap years left on his rookie deal - yet the team who's worked with him everyday for two years and needs low cost contributors is dangling him as trade bait :skip:

What does that tell you :pachaha:

That they pay Capela 100 million

Gallaneri 61 million

Bogan 72 million

Trae young max extension (at least 150 million)

Have to match Collins RFA offer (at least 90 million) which they said they would match

And pay Kevin Huerter upcoming extension at least 15-17 million

The only hope for ATL is if Ogunku can replace capella and they save 100 + million

So that’s why cam is on the trading block

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I promise you I’d do it if he never played a minute of playoff basketball breh. I’d give 19 and the Mavs 23 pick and not even blink.
You are wilding . His defense isn’t good enough that his offensive short comings /inconsistency is worth all that especially on the Knicks . We need shooters and playmakers not another project when we got Obi and Quick and rookies coming in this year

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Gallaneri 61 million

Bogan 72 million

Have to match Collins RFA offer (at least 90 million) which they said they would match

They could choose cam over Heurter

Anerdyblackguy

Supporter
Daps
Exactly no one else wants cam the way you do
Cam is still worth a first round pick and has better upside than anybody we’re getting at 19 or 21 but I would also give a first round pick for the cac if available.

:manny: If ATL had the money I’m pretty confident they wouldn’t entertain a cam trade but ATL is a medium size market team and they have a financial limit

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
That they’re stupid and cheap. Btw, yall keep using this argument like no team has ever given up on a player and been wrong. I guess nobody should try to trade for Ben Simmons too. Cause why would the Sixers give him up right?

Context? :hubie:

:comeon:
Context definitely matters, which is why the Simmons comp is terrible :pachaha: Ben's been a productive player in this league, the only reason he might get traded is because he had a WOAT playoff series that triggered his head coach & star teammate to throw him under the bus (ontop of the complicated fit with Embiid)

Name a lottery pick that's been as irrelevant and unproductive as Cam through two years that got traded and turned it around. If Atlanta felt like he still had that ceiling they wouldn't entertain moving him with three years left on his rookie deal. If these rumors are true then he's Josh Jackson status, got fans on the internet still daydreaming over that prospect profile while the team that's spent years developing him knows it's over :russ:

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps

Gallaneri 61 million

Bogan 72 million

The only hope for ATL is if Ogunku can replace capella and they save 100 + million

Cam is still worth a first round pick and has better upside than anybody we’re getting at 19 or 21 but I would also give a first round pick for the cac if available.

:manny: If ATL had the money I’m pretty confident they wouldn’t entertain a cam trade but ATL is a medium size market team and they have a financial limit
Cam's cap hits are dirt cheap the next two years, they're not saving any money by moving him. He's the EXACT kind of player they hypothetically need right now - cost controlled and productive.

If they trade him it's because they think it's never gonna click for him and they wanna move on while they still can.

Anerdyblackguy

Supporter
Daps
Context definitely matters, which is why the Simmons comp is terrible :pachaha: Ben's been a productive player in this league, the only reason he might get traded is because he had a WOAT playoff series that triggered his head coach & star teammate to throw him under the bus (ontop of the complicated fit with Embiid)

Name a lottery pick that's been as irrelevant and unproductive as Cam through two years that got traded and turned it around. If Atlanta felt like he still had that ceiling they wouldn't entertain moving him with three years left on his rookie deal. If these rumors are true he's Josh Jackson status, got fans on the internet still daydreaming over that prospect profile while the team that's spent years developing him knows it's over :russ:

:dahell: Nikka our franchise power forward (who was drafted 7th) averaged 5 points & 11 points in his first two seasons and was considered a loser until he was in New Orleans

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
:dahell: Nikka our franchise power forward (who was drafted 7th) averaged 5 points & 11 points in his first two seasons and was considered a loser until he was in New Orleans
Doesn't fit the criteria, the Lakers never traded him. Even through his struggles they rode it out the entirety of his rookie deal because they obviously saw something there.

I'm asking for a lottery pick whose team bailed on him after two lackluster years (Cam/ATL scenario) that went on to turn it around. I can't think of one because virtually every player in that circumstance fades into obscurity. Teams don't cut bait with that type of investment unless they think the player is DOA.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Doesn't fit the criteria, the Lakers never traded him. Even through his struggles they rode it out the entirety of his rookie deal because they obviously saw something there.

I'm asking for a lottery pick whose team bailed on him after two lackluster years (Cam/ATL scenario) that went on to turn it around. I can't think of one because virtually every player in that circumstance fades into obscurity. Teams don't cut bait with that type of investment unless they think the player is DOA.

You do have a point year three is kind of early to do a "reset" shyt the knicks are riding out with their Rookies too to give them a chance to get their shyt together, and nobody really thinks it'll happen, but hope alone has you hold out.

This trade scenario feels opportunistic. Cam had that great playoff game so they are hoping somebody gives them a first before he falls off again and his value is shyt.

El Jefe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yall in a position to get the 10th pick u gotta do that

i wish my bulls were ...x the hate on Cam is over stated there is still hugw potential