Yung Knickas Wildin|Draft Picks Stylin|Grimes n Mcbride Got Bball God's Smilin NYK Discussion Thread

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Where this offseason is really headed:

:martin:

200.gif

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
The Bank Shot podcast just had a guy plugged into the Cavs on that thinks it would probably take Knox and 2 firsts to get Sexton. Doesn’t know why the Cavs would want Obi when they seem to love Nance Jr. (they could have traded him this season for a first and didnt).

He also agrees with some of yall, that Sexton is more of a 6th man, but can’t deny that the kid has an incredible work ethic and he can’t for sure say that he won’t ever be able to figure it all out since he’s only 22. Knows Thibs will absolutely adore him and so will the fan base.

Finally, he feels the contract may not be an issue in NY since he doesn’t feel like Sexton has much value in the league so it’s going to be a straight up negation between Leon and CAA, but who knows what their interest in Sexton is even based on. He intimated that he’d be worried this is more of a CAA favor than a pure basketball decision.

This is why I'm waiting to see what the price turns out to be. I'm skeptical of Sexton's value and think a lot of the rumors have been from Cleveland (maybe Sexton's camp if he wants out without saying so). He made sense to me from before the rumors dropped as a buy-low without losing much cap space candidate. Idk how often you can get a player under 25 that put up top-20 scoring in the league on efficient shooting numbers but it's gotta be a pretty rare occurrence.

Feels like heads really underestimate how bad the Cavs were and how hard it is to score that much at that efficiency for anybody.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
This is why I'm waiting to see what the price turns out to be. I'm skeptical of Sexton's value and think a lot of the rumors have been from Cleveland (maybe Sexton's camp if he wants out without saying so). He made sense to me from before the rumors dropped as a buy-low without losing much cap space candidate. Idk how often you can get a player under 25 that put up top-20 scoring in the league on efficient shooting numbers but it's gotta be a pretty rare occurrence.

Feels like heads really underestimate how bad the Cavs were and how hard it is to score that much at that efficiency for anybody.

Just a hunch, he might be a bit of a locker room lawyer. What's the rush to move him if not? Knox and a couple of late firsts is essentially nothing for a young guy who is dropping 24 a game(admittedly on a horrible team with no other real options)

NY's #1 Draft Pick

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Exactly. This 100%. I don't want a fukking Sexton. This is a terrible trade.
:mjlol: My dude you change your mind every day yesterday you on the sexton bandwagon.

Whoever we get it’s going to be a positive for this franchise becoming Elfrid ran the point all year long:snoop:

Imagine putting an efficient scorer at the rim to open shyt up for Randle and RJ. Dude is an almost 40 % 3 point shooter, his assist numbers are going up every year and dude has a high motor. You mean to tell me this dude won’t make trae young work on defense?:what:

y’all really think he won’t commit playing under Thibs and with better talent?

you put sexton next to RJ and Randle you’ll have another scorer in the lineup that can get Mitch the ball in his spots.

NY's #1 Draft Pick

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
He can create shots for himself. The Hawks won’t be able to shade to Julius side of the court if the constant threat of Sexton attacking from the right is there. He can push the pace and get free fast break points. He allows Rose to run the second unit which gives us well rounded units.
My breh @RickyGQ and @storyteller the only ones seeing the light :blessed:

NY's #1 Draft Pick

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Who says Rose is back next year? I heard his exit interview it sure didn’t sound like he was gonna be(which would suck I brought his City Edition jersey)
Theirs a high chance he’s back since Thibs is the coach. Didn’t hear his exit interview, I’d like to hear what he said because I think he’s one of the knicks first priorities this off-season.

where’d you get rose city edition?:ohhh: I been looking for that shyt everywhere !

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Where this offseason is really headed:

:martin:

:sadcam:

Just finished Locked on Knicks with the Locked in Cavs guy. Pretty much most of the same stuff the other guy said but he had an interesting tidbit about Sexton. He said that Sexton reads everything about himself and uses it as motivation. And that he made a conscious effort to be more of a playmaker at the end of last season after that story about the opposing player making fun of him never passing came out. This is interesting because I remember a bunch of articles coming out about Sexton taking the Boylen firing hard because he was worried that maybe he wasn’t as coachable as he should be.

He also says a lot of Sextons defensive woes is because he’s often defending out of position against bigger players because Garland is worse than him. Finally they all pointed out that Thibs doesn’t seem to care about defense from his point guards, he just wants guys who can attack the paint and Sexton can do that all night.
(Also a reminder, son has had 4 coaches in 3 seasons).