Yung Knickas Wildin|Draft Picks Stylin|Grimes n Mcbride Got Bball God's Smilin NYK Discussion Thread

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
He would playing next to RJ and Randle:gucci:

Nunn is more likely to get his than Sexton learning how to either go for his or run a route to get open for a midrange.

I’m saying, we know what Nunn should look like next year. We know what his ceiling is and it’s a fine, average pg. It’s very possible that Sexton, next to better talent could be devastating for opponents to deal with. It’s very possible he could be an all star guard in the East in a year or two. It’s also possible that he refuses to fit into the offense and causes disruption but the only thing people are using to speculate that is a rumor some trash talking from a player playing the Cavs.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
How can a player that’s been a neutral to negative player throughout his career be worth multiple first round picks? :mindblown:
I’m saying, a typical top 10 pick putting up his numbers would cost that.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Nylon Calculus Rookie Review: What did the Heat see from Kendrick Nunn?

It’s not just good screens and simple reads either. Adebayo and Nunn really worked collaboratively at manipulating space, changing speeds, screening and re-screening and continuing to probe for the right moment to attack. The extra wrinkle is that Adebayo has become an excellent playmaker as well and this set has also sorts of flexibility.

About a third of Nunn’s assists this season (63) were to Adebayo and Adebayo sent an almost identical number (65) back to Nunn. A look at the Heat’s assist network from last season, from PBPStats.com, shows what a useful two-way hub Nunn and Adebayo were.

Screen-Shot-2020-05-01-at-10.01.40-PM.jpg

The Knicks need a 3 man creation/distribution Hub and Nunn’s done exactly that with the Heat. I get the idea that scoring is a issue but we had guys who could point up points. The issue was passing and getting Randle and RJ the ball in spots where it would be easier to score. The worst thing the Knicks can do is add another “my turn, your turn” offensive player to the Knicks starting line up.

in theory the scoring would come from Beal or Lavine if that is the 2022 goal. Both of those guys aren’t just scorers but all star scorers and they are going to need someone who can play off of them as well.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
This is held as the deepest draft in years bruh there's talent everywhere snd Sexton isn't fukking Jordan. We had one season of a proper rebuild and all I see are moves on Steve Mills levels :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:
We're unlikely to get a franchise altering player in the late 1st round. So getting Sexton in exchange for one of those picks is a net gain.

Nope, we still fukk with Obi he was good in the playoffs and Randle’s future is still uncertain and there should be some good talent in our pick range.

Sexton does nothing for this team he puts us no closer to a deep playoff run. He gets his numbers but he’s not an impact player.
OK breh :russ:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
fukk the money and picks for a second are we so sure this couldn't turn into an Rj gets frozen out by other ball dominant players AGAIN? Payton and Randle on their 2 man power trip would be on some Hogan Macho Man Megapowers shyt with Colin here:scust:
Very fair. Whoever we bringing in is gonna take the ball out of RJ and Randles hands regardless.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Zo can play on and off-ball with our guards, terrific transition playmaker, near 40% high volume three point shooter, good fit with Randle. Zo is also a good defensive guard on and off ball and a strong rebounder, still also has a lot of untapped potential.

Nunn is just meh. :ld:
I want Zo with Sexton.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Also to everyone that says “scoring is why we lost to the hawks” As soon as Thibs put Rose in the starting lineup for scoring we started losing worse.

The Knicks needed someone who could set up Randle and RJ in easier sports, score on their own, and then score off of them as well.

Rose had a game that was
13-21
3-5 from 3
6 rebounds
5 assist

And the Knicks still lost.

Because we had no scoring off the bench. They played well in Rose minutes and just couldn’t keep up with the Hawks fire power in the 3rd and 4th quarters.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Nope, we still fukk with Obi he was good in the playoffs and Randle’s future is still uncertain and there should be some good talent in our pick range.

Sexton does nothing for this team he puts us no closer to a deep playoff run. He gets his numbers but he’s not an impact player.
Exactly. This 100%. I don't want a fukking Sexton. This is a terrible trade.

• Dap
Reactions: ISO

Daniel.

BK to NJ, but always a New York Knicka
Daps
Our pg was Elfrid fukking Payton. We didn’t fizzle out in the playoffs. Our weaknesses were exposed. Sexton can cover that weakness and can actually grow with this teams window.

No he’s not going to have us competing for a championship next season, but he will have us back in the playoffs as a team with ridiculous upside to continue to grow and get better. Not to mention he leaves us with our full cap flexibility to still absorb contracts for picks or make another move for a star before we have to pay anyone next season.

If the basis for our next point guard is "at least he's better than Payton" we're in trouble.

Fizzled out vs. Exposed? To me? Semantics. But okay.

What does Sexton do that will prevent our OFFENSE from being exposed again? Genuine question, because I have no clue.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
If the basis for our next point guard is "at least he's better than Payton" we're in trouble.

Fizzled out vs. Exposed? To me? Semantics. But okay.

What does Sexton do that will prevent our OFFENSE from being exposed again? Genuine question, because I have no clue.
He can create shots for himself. The Hawks won’t be able to shade to Julius side of the court if the constant threat of Sexton attacking from the right is there. He can push the pace and get free fast break points. He allows Rose to run the second unit which gives us well rounded units.