Yung Knickas Wildin|Draft Picks Stylin|Grimes n Mcbride Got Bball God's Smilin NYK Discussion Thread

Daniel.

BK to NJ, but always a New York Knicka
Daps
Also we have to stop talking about roster construction in terms of beating the hawks

what we need is a well balanced and versatile team

we just need a playmaking pg and another shooting wing and we’re good. And another backup center in case Noel leaves

EXACTLY.

Hawks exposed how predictable we were. Get some cheap talent that can score at multiple levels and some playmaking and we're in a much better place.

Daniel.

BK to NJ, but always a New York Knicka
Daps
He can create shots for himself. The Hawks won’t be able to shade to Julius side of the court if the constant threat of Sexton attacking from the right is there. He can push the pace and get free fast break points. He allows Rose to run the second unit which gives us well rounded units.

Having the threat of someone finishing at the rim all game (like DRose in game 2 or 3, can't remember which where he came out on fire) next to Randle is great, but still doesn't solve for the lack of versatility and ultimately the predictability of our offense. Still feels like more of the same to me. What DRose would be doing if be was still healthy, but no drop off in the 2nd unit. The same logic of having Mitch and Noel to maintain rim protection for 48 minutes, but zero versatility at the 5 spot.

Now is it a BAD thing? Not necessarily. But I don't think it's a formula for the success of an NBA championship. I'd hope we learned we need more than being in attack mode all game to kick out to someone that invariably would be cold, inconsistent or contested.

Let me say this - if we got Sexton, but could still get some combo of Mann, Duarte, Duncan and Ball, I'd shut the fukk up and let it play out without crying. :yeshrug:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Having the threat of someone finishing at the rim all game (like DRose in game 2 or 3, can't remember which where he came out on fire) next to Randle is great, but still doesn't solve for the lack of versatility and ultimately the predictability of our offense. Still feels like more of the same to me. What DRose would be doing if be was still healthy, but no drop off in the 2nd unit. The same logic of having Mitch and Noel to maintain rim protection for 48 minutes, but zero versatility at the 5 spot.

Now is it a BAD thing? Not necessarily. But I don't think it's a formula for the success of an NBA championship. I'd hope we learned we need more than being in attack mode all game to kick out to someone that invariably would be cold, inconsistent or contested.

Let me say this - if we got Sexton, but could still get some combo of Mann, Duarte, Duncan and Ball, I'd shut the fukk up and let it play out without crying. :yeshrug:

All possible. Ball and Duncan can be had for about 30-32 million total. I’d need to draft a big at 21 tho, so Murphy, Jackson or one of the Texas boys could be Obi’s replacement off the bench.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Collin Sexton doing what he did next to Kevin Love is more impressive than Nunn doing that next to two all stars. :yeshrug:

I fully understand your logic, but there’s going to be a Kendrick Nunn in every free agency class. I’d rather try to figure out what Sexton can look like on a real team. I already know what Nunn looks like next to talent.
You mean Nunn looks like a winner:hhh:

To put it in perspective if he was on the Knicks team last year he would have gone deeper in the playoffs than everyone else on the team and he brings playoff experience being in the finals the year before.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
You mean Nunn looks like a winner:hhh:

To put it in perspective if he was on the Knicks team last year he would have gone deeper in the playoffs than everyone else on the team and he brings playoff experience being in the finals the year before.
He’s still Kendrick Nunn fam.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
The Bank Shot podcast just had a guy plugged into the Cavs on that thinks it would probably take Knox and 2 firsts to get Sexton. Doesn’t know why the Cavs would want Obi when they seem to love Nance Jr. (they could have traded him this season for a first and didnt).

He also agrees with some of yall, that Sexton is more of a 6th man, but can’t deny that the kid has an incredible work ethic and he can’t for sure say that he won’t ever be able to figure it all out since he’s only 22. Knows Thibs will absolutely adore him and so will the fan base.

Finally, he feels the contract may not be an issue in NY since he doesn’t feel like Sexton has much value in the league so it’s going to be a straight up negation between Leon and CAA, but who knows what their interest in Sexton is even based on. He intimated that he’d be worried this is more of a CAA favor than a pure basketball decision.

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
The Bank Shot podcast just had a guy plugged into the Cavs on that thinks it would probably take Knox and 2 firsts to get Sexton. Doesn’t know why the Cavs would want Obi when they seem to love Nance Jr. (they could have traded him this season for a first and didnt).

He also agrees with some of yall, that Sexton is more of a 6th man, but can’t deny that the kid has an incredible work ethic and he can’t for sure say that he won’t ever be able to figure it all out since he’s only 22. Knows Thibs will absolutely adore him and so will the fan base.

Finally, he feels the contract may not be an issue in NY since he doesn’t feel like Sexton has much value in the league so it’s going to be a straight up negation between Leon and CAA, but who knows what their interest in Sexton is even based on. He intimated that he’d be worried this is more of a CAA favor than a pure basketball decision.

knox and 2 firsts is something I’m comfortable with honestly :ehh:

hopefully not the picks from this year tho