Yung Knickas Wildin|Draft Picks Stylin|Grimes n Mcbride Got Bball God's Smilin NYK Discussion Thread

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Y’all gotta realize Sexton is not a finished product. He’s 22.

He’s also a great scorer, point blank. Top 20 in ppg last season when he was 21/22 while also shooting 48% from the field (aka pretty efficient).

Bad teams can inflate a bum’s numbers but they can also make a good player look worse…we know this better than most. This doesn’t mean Sexton is any sort of sure thing, but how much his game can change when he’s surrounded by competent talent in a legitimate system is worth wondering.

And even if it doesn’t work out…he’s an rfa at the end of the season. The beauty of the Austin rivers example is he’s the only player that didn’t buy-in and was shipped by the trade deadline (Payton might fit but he seemed like he tried to do what’s right me just didn’t have the right skillset). This management and coaching doesn’t seem to get too attached to its own moves.

Sexton ain’t a guaranteed home run. But it’s a risk worth taking since it’s not too costly. I’d like to still get Mann or cooper, but Sexton makes a lot of sense without much cost until after we’ve had ample time to evaluate him on this roster and with this coaching staff.

giving up toppin and a first round pick in a deep draft for potentially 1 year of sexton is too much. if you are gonna go that route, it needs.to be for a lavine or bradley beal type

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City

He’s also a great scorer, point blank. Top 20 in ppg last season when he was 21/22 while also shooting 48% from the field (aka pretty efficient).

Bad teams can inflate a bum’s numbers but they can also make a good player look worse…we know this better than most. This doesn’t mean Sexton is any sort of sure thing, but how much his game can change when he’s surrounded by competent talent in a legitimate system is worth wondering.

And even if it doesn’t work out…he’s an rfa at the end of the season. The beauty of the Austin rivers example is he’s the only player that didn’t buy-in and was shipped by the trade deadline (Payton might fit but he seemed like he tried to do what’s right me just didn’t have the right skillset). This management and coaching doesn’t seem to get too attached to its own moves.

Sexton ain’t a guaranteed home run. But it’s a risk worth taking since it’s not too costly. I’d like to still get Mann or cooper, but Sexton makes a lot of sense without much cost until after we’ve had ample time to evaluate him on this roster and with this coaching staff.
Yeah but the Austin Rivers experiment was relatively painless.
Sexton is going to cost Obi and a pick from this year.

Our pg was Elfrid fukking Payton. We didn’t fizzle out in the playoffs. Our weaknesses were exposed. Sexton can cover that weakness and can actually grow with this teams window.

No he’s not going to have us competing for a championship next season, but he will have us back in the playoffs as a team with ridiculous upside to continue to grow and get better. Not to mention he leaves us with our full cap flexibility to still absorb contracts for picks or make another move for a star before we have to pay anyone next season.
We’re probably going to the playoffs next season regardless. We got to add to our success.

Collin Sexton doing what he did next to Kevin Love is more impressive than Nunn doing that next to two all stars. :yeshrug:

I fully understand your logic, but there’s going to be a Kendrick Nunn in every free agency class. I’d rather try to figure out what Sexton can look like on a real team. I already know what Nunn looks like next to talent.
He would playing next to RJ and Randle:gucci:

Nunn is more likely to get his than Sexton learning how to either go for his or run a route to get open for a midrange.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Yeah but the Austin Rivers experiment was relatively painless.
Sexton is going to cost Obi and a pick from this year.
Yeah, which is essentially nothing :unimpressed:

We’re probably going to the playoffs next season regardless. We got to add to our success.
The Knicks are most likely going end being 7-9 in the East next season (with the exact same roster as last season).

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY

Hope really isn't an effective strategy though. Can he improve his playmaking and defense? Yes. I think you have to look at him as he is, not how you'd like him to be. That sort of thinking burned the Sixers with Simmons.

As of right now, he's a tunnel-visioned undersized SG. He has value to this team as they need a scorer but I'm not enamored with him because it's far more likely the end result is Sexton and Randle playing my turn, your turn on offense than him being a real playmaker and running an offense.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Bruh no offense but Zo is Just a better Frank
Zo can play on and off-ball with our guards, terrific transition playmaker, near 40% high volume three point shooter, good fit with Randle. Zo is also a good defensive guard on and off ball and a strong rebounder, still also has a lot of untapped potential.

Nunn is just meh. :ld:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
fukk the money and picks for a second are we so sure this couldn't turn into an Rj gets frozen out by other ball dominant players AGAIN? Payton and Randle on their 2 man power trip would be on some Hogan Macho Man Megapowers shyt with Colin here:scust:
Right. :mjlol:

I’m telling nikkas Randle needs to go for Barrett to flourish and cats in here talking about adding the biggest ball hog in the league.

What’s up with Knicks fans and “toughness” it’s not the fukking 90’s. :scust:

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Also to everyone that says “scoring is why we lost to the hawks” As soon as Thibs put Rose in the starting lineup for scoring we started losing worse.

The Knicks needed someone who could set up Randle and RJ in easier sports, score on their own, and then score off of them as well.

Rose had a game that was
13-21
3-5 from 3
6 rebounds
5 assist

And the Knicks still lost.

we should see if we can get a S&T going.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Yeah, which is essentially nothing :unimpressed:
Nope, we still fukk with Obi he was good in the playoffs and Randle’s future is still uncertain and there should be some good talent in our pick range.

Sexton does nothing for this team he puts us no closer to a deep playoff run. He gets his numbers but he’s not an impact player.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
giving up toppin and a first round pick in a deep draft for potentially 1 year of sexton is too much. if you are gonna go that route, it needs.to be for a lavine or bradley beal type
Lavine and Beal will cost Toppin, Quickley, at least 3 firsts and if were real, probably RJ in Beals case. A player of Sextons pedigree usually would cost multiple firsts and another young player. So the cost is low.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Lavine and Beal will cost Toppin, Quickley, at least 3 firsts and if were real, probably RJ in Beals case. A player of Sextons pedigree usually would cost multiple firsts and another young player. So the cost is low.
How can a player that’s been a neutral to negative player throughout his career be worth multiple first round picks? :mindblown: