Yung Knickas Wildin|Draft Picks Stylin|Grimes n Mcbride Got Bball God's Smilin NYK Discussion Thread

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Then why is anyone debating the idea of moving Obi or your other minor pieces to get him?

The concern with him is that his PPG is a product of his team and that he's better off as a Jamal Crawford-level guy off the bench. Crawford averaged 20.6 ppg for the Knicks one year as a starter, but he was more conducive to winning as a bench player. That might be how you use Sexton optimally.

I believe his best fit is as a Lou Will type in the other thread about him. The problem is he's too young to accept that role. I wouldn't have an issue bringing him here if the price was low because the Knicks desperately need someone to put the ball in the basket but I'm not investing a huge contract in him.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Why do we have to give him that. He’s restricted. He can’t be a scrub nobody wants AND a player that’s going to command a max. We can match whatever a team offers.

I never stated he was a scrub, simply that his game has huge warts and if he's a big part of the core the team is going nowhere fast.

There are places in the league for a Lou Williams/Jordan Clarkson. That's his role.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
What team do you put the Knicks ahead of next year? Bucks? Hell no. Hawks? I don't see it. Nets? Not even a discussion. Philly? Nope.

At best they're a middling playoff team. They're already that now. Add in the fact you're gonna have to give him well north of 150million dollars soon, as I stated, he doesn't move the needle much.
We’re not a middling playoff team. We over performed to get where we are and run a real risk of not even making the playoffs if we decide that starting players we draft at 19 and 21 is the right move. Sexton makes us a middling playoff team next year. With real growth to improve and be a real contender in 2023/2024 when he’ll be 24 and better, RJ will be 22 and better, Quickly will be 23 and better, Randle will be 28 and better, Mitch will be 25 and better. While all the teams you mentioned windows will be closing rapidly.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I never stated he was a scrub, simply that his game has huge warts and if he's a big part of the core the team is going nowhere fast.

There are places in the league for a Lou Williams/Jordan Clarkson. That's his role.
I don’t know how you can say he’s a finished product at 22.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
I think Kendrick Nunn is a better player than Sexton and will be cheaper in FA. He’ll fit better next to RJ and Randle, and we know he knows how to play on a winning team.

:hubie:

The only thing Sexton got on Nunn is Sexton is a fukking CAA client :snoop:
:dwillhuh::mjtf::martin:fukking Mafia Rose got the worst clients :unimpressed:Welp he's coming here to chuck and beef with RJ joining Randle in freezing him out:unimpressed: